ACE Comic Con Long Island - WOODMO's 2-Day Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

ACE Comic Con Long Island - WOODMO's 2-Day Report

Post by WOODMO » December 13th, 2017, 10:31 am

ACE Comic Con on Long Island was a welcome sight for me. Initially I thought this con was :fakenews:, I mean a brand new company booking this assortment of guests is suspicious, but once the organizational hierarchy was made clear, I began believing it. I made the pre orders day one, so I kind of crossed my fingers all this time expecting a few cancellations. That fear ended up being misguided, at least on my level.

I had a VIP since I needed to go Friday and Saturday, and that was actually the worst ticket to have on Friday, but more on that later. I had a class lunch at Applebees to celebrate the conclusion of the teaching program we were all in, before Student Teaching. This was a cool time and ended just in time for me to drive into Nassau. I made great time, getting there in about 30 mins. I met up with Raza and his friend and began waiting for the VIPs to be let in. Well, it started rather on time, but the VIP Swag Bags weren't packed, so each person had to watch their bag be packed by hand and then checked in. This caused the VIP line to CRAWL.

After a while, the GA line was non existent. Literally all GA got in and VIP were still moving as slow as molasses. Finally I just walk up to the GA line, go through security and attempt to get in that way. My ticket though would not scan because they were only equipped to scan GA and not VIP. I told the security guy that I did not want a VIP bag, I simply wanted out of the cold and asked if there was any way to just get checked in and bypass all that. He told me to go under the divider and wait on the line inside. The line inside did not move though because of the people coming in from outside. Finally I just force my way to the table and get checked in.

I quickly headed to redemption and got all my tickets traded in and then jumped on the Undertaker line with Jerry, Ray and Raza. Taker was polite, shaking hands and saying hello. I had a shitty airport photo that I decided to upgrade here. Had his appearance been in Philly I would have lived with the so-so photo, but given the close proximity I decided to get a perfect one. Many wrestling fans I expected to see here weren't, and I certainly hope they weren't expecting to see Taker at Big Event or LOTR in the future. I think this was the time to get Taker and people who wanted him but decided not to bother are going to be frustrated by that decision.

Now, the initial check in was an unnecessary hassle and definitely a blemish on the con's overall score, but beyond this point I had zero hiccups. None, not a one, so overall I found this convention to be everything I hoped it would be and then some. I had perfect attendance of my wants, in fact one name cancelled that I didn't want and was replaced by someone I needed, so I actually came out ahead of the game. The only downside was Taker started late, which made me late for my plans that night, but luckily the girl I'm seeing is really cool and totally understood me having to push our plan back an hour.

Saturday was fast approaching and snow was in the forecast. I wasn't too concerned since I have to drive on a daily basis and in the winter that means driving through snow is an inevitable fact of life. I ended up driving the girl home quite late and decided to get extra sleep and roll the dice on the weather being right. I woke up at 9am and found nothing outside and nothing changed on the forecast so I took my time and ended up leaving around 10:45. The snow had begun falling by this point, but the roads were fine and my speed never went under 65. I quickly parked and made it inside the venue is about 90 seconds. Totally smooth and opposite to the day before.

My first photo was Ray Fisher who played Cyborg. Ray was very cool and seemed to enjoy being there. I missed him at RICC due to the Froggy madness, then I could've gotten a table op due to that but I said fuck it at the time just fed up with the process and not really caring. Now seeing the character on the screen, I decided to get him.

The next guy was Henry Cavill, and this was a regular who's who of NYC collectors. Henry is gettable on the street, but I'll always pay and be done with it when given that option. Another super nice guy.

After this we waited on the Ezra Miller line who was late, and while on here the staff yelled out that Cieran Hinds photos were happening now and we got on that line. That was another plus, they handled multiple photos well and I never felt like I was going to miss anything.

Then we got back on line for Ezra Miller. Witnessing the debacle Ira got himself into with the CM/Flash pose, we told Ezra just a plain pose would work and he kindly obliged, though he did hug us.

At this point many in our party left, but Ira, Jerry, a few NYC friends and myself remained. The next name I got was Elodie Yung from Daredevil who was a last minute replacement for Jon Bernthal. I didn't need Jon but I did need Elodie, so this was great!

The last name was Gal Gadot, and this line took a while, but the company was good and it was a fun wait considering. Gal was very sweet and personable, looking amazing. I could've gotten her in RICC, but I didn't feel like doing a second day and before seeing Wonder Woman I didn't care for her as much as I do now. While in line here I was able to catch up with Dave which is always great.

At this point I made the drive home in the snow, and roads still weren't bad. I kept my speed around 50 and got home in 45 mins which wasn't bad for the snow. Great to see everyone this weekend! :snear: :crayira: :perplexed: :joresky: :lanza:

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Re: ACE Comic Con Long Island - WOODMO's 2-Day Report

Post by mikeyicon » December 13th, 2017, 10:50 am

gal gadot is delicious and one of Israel's finest. Not sure if worth the money for a photo, but came out really good. nice job.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 13th, 2017, 10:54 am

Well I'm glad you had such a great time at my expense! :cryinglu: Zeeeeee :praytogods: punished me!!

Anyone who passed on Taker for anything other than being broke or having a family function, and STILL wants him... :whaahhh:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » December 13th, 2017, 10:55 am

Nice quality photos.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 13th, 2017, 11:12 am

Thanks fellas1
Greg2600 wrote:
December 13th, 2017, 10:54 am
Well I'm glad you had such a great time at my expense! :cryinglu: Zeeeeee :praytogods: punished me!!

Anyone who passed on Taker for anything other than being broke or having a family function, and STILL wants him... :whaahhh:
Ehh, I had to make a sacrifice to zee Gods!!! Sorry Greg!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 13th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Pictures look great..congrats!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » December 14th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Awesome stuff! and great hanging out with you at Ace.. i'm kinda regretting not getting another pic with Gal because she looked so great but it was hard for me to reason it considering the high price and the fact that I have her already

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 14th, 2017, 5:38 pm

I think Undertaker will do another con. That's not his first no reason to believe it will be his last. Obviously his next con won't be the Legends or Big Events of the world.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 14th, 2017, 5:51 pm

class316 wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 5:38 pm
I think Undertaker will do another con. That's not his first no reason to believe it will be his last. Obviously his next con won't be the Legends or Big Events of the world.
Never said he wouldn’t do anymore. Just not a wrestling convention

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 14th, 2017, 10:27 pm

:like: Gal looks great.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » December 15th, 2017, 12:47 am

Great stuff Woodmo! I got a chuckle out of your Taker photo--looks like he's posing with a floating head lol.
Much like Christopher Reeve, Ray Fisher, Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller are the real deal.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 16th, 2017, 11:02 am

Great shot w/Undertaker and Gal, especially the latter. She's so gorgeous.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 16th, 2017, 11:15 am

ICW wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:02 am
ICW, why didn't you go to Ace Con and get Undertaker?

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 16th, 2017, 11:17 am

class316 wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:15 am
ICW wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:02 am
ICW, why didn't you go to Ace Con and get Undertaker?
I wasn't free. I also was not dropping that $$$ for the Undertaker lol. One day, we'll see.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 16th, 2017, 11:53 am

ICW wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:17 am
I wasn't free. I also was not dropping that $$$ for the Undertaker lol. One day, we'll see.
Shocks me that $$$ would be an issue for you when it comes to Undertaker. You spend so much money at wrestling cons on much lesser names (multiple graphs etc). That's fine and all, but I would think given this that $ would be no issue for one of the top names that exist wrestling wise.