RICC in full effect

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

RICC in full effect

Post by djknightrida » December 15th, 2017, 9:47 pm

In the wee hours of Saturday morning my second annual trek to Rhode Island began. This trip had me in a rough spot at multiple points were I didn't know how I would physically get by. There was a portion of the driving about an hour away where I just wanted to pull over and sleep. I turned on Metallica and got parked with ease. Well only this year the primary walkway from the garage to the convention center was barricaded off. I snuck through and hopped in line about 3 hours before doors. It was a long wait as the weather was worse than I expected and me only in a tshirt and hoodie. But again I made it through. The cold probably helped keep me awake at that point. About 30 minutes before doors they let a portion of the line wait inside in the heat.

After redeeming my ops I hoped in Camren Bicondova's auto line. I specifically asked the rep since I was first in the GA line if she was doing table ops. He said she was. Nearly 2 hours go by and Camren is not there yet. I had to leave for my pro split with lanza and Greg offered to take my spot and my stuff to get done since she apparantly wasn't doing table ops. Had to waste 20 minutes to buy the pro op that wouldn't have been needed if the douche hadn't straight lied to me. Even attempted to enlist class to buy the op for me so I could get to my Wood op but I gracious attendee allowed me to cut to make my op.

After Wood I wanted to attempt to get over to the Convention Center but my next pro op time was too close. I believe I banged out Dolph and Camren pros before beginning the 30 minute trek over.While waiting for Doplh the power in the photo room was cut due to someone unpluging a cord. It stayed dark for 15-20 minutes not helping the delays in the pro area. It was a complete mad house with the half the distance of the Dunk hallway completely packed with people. Let alone the convention center hallway being the same and needing to walk to the far end. They completely mismanaged this traffic and I believe the fire marshall was involved in getting it fixed.

At the convention center my top want was Frank Whaley who wasn't at his table of yet. Scored the dual Super Troopers op though adding tp my collection from the film. Also snagged CCH Pounder for the Law and Order fandom. After a bit Frank was back and I added him to my Blacklist book which adds to the number of folks I've gotten who had no idea it existed. Great guy. I waited a bit to split Brittany Daniel with class as I promised him for attempting to help me out with the photo purchasing line earlier.

Then I made a trip to the car to drop off stuff I didn't need and pick up stuff I would need for the second wave. I attemped to go straight into the convention center since I had a little time before my next pro op but they said the entrance was disability only. :punches: Having to go through the Dunk back to the con center and back to the Dunk would kill any spare time so I decided not to risk it. Added pro's with Ian McDiarmid, David Morrissey, Mike Colter and another lanza split with Pee Wee. While waiting for Pee Wee if not for talking with Greg and Lanza I feel I would have fell over. The exhaustion was really kicking in. Thanks for those two for helping me stay upright and not needing medical attention.

After these pro ops I swung back over the convention center to clean up the last few wants. I grabbbed Sadie Sink who charged double if you wanted a Funko POP signed which I did. Then onto Trish to grab an auto for CM. Then up to the Walking Dead room for whomever was still there. Spent what felt like 10 minutes talking to Cudlitz about the show. My favorite season being his least favorite. He was a fan of Andrea which I am not which would explain the difference in opinion. I attempted to hop into Ross' line but despite the con being open for 45 more minutes and him having no line the volunteer wouldn't let me in line stating he was done for the day. Worked out in hindsight as it helped with Walker Stalker in December.

I then made the trip to my hotel about an hour away.

After spending the night in CT, Sunday I opted to swing by NYC for a high level Blacklist want in Edi Gathehi, I spent about an hour in the city scoring him with ease before deciding to just go home. The decision would end up costing me a forseeable Taylor Swift op but can't win them all.

Until next time :dj:

2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: RICC in full effect

Post by class316 » December 16th, 2017, 5:27 am

Curious how did going home sunday cost you Taylor Swift? I know she did nothing saturday evening. Did she stop somewhere on sunday?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 16th, 2017, 10:54 am

Good stuff, man
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 16th, 2017, 11:34 am

class316 wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 5:27 am
Curious how did going home sunday cost you Taylor Swift? I know she did nothing saturday evening. Did she stop somewhere on sunday?
https://twitter.com/tswiftpr/status/929883906265948161

She had a pop-up store in NYC, and appeared the Sunday of RICC, doing some selfies outside that night.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 16th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 11:34 am

https://twitter.com/tswiftpr/status/929883906265948161

She had a pop-up store in NYC, and appeared the Sunday of RICC, doing some selfies outside that night.
Indeed. In addition to doing ops inside.

I was home by the time it went down as well so no chance to even turn around.

aswjmw

Post by aswjmw » December 16th, 2017, 5:25 pm

How much did Sadie charge for the Pop???

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 16th, 2017, 9:29 pm

aswjmw wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 5:25 pm
She was $40 regular item/ $40 photo op/ $60 for POP/ $60 for regular combo/ $80 POP combo

aswjmw

Post by aswjmw » December 17th, 2017, 3:50 am

djknightrida wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 9:29 pm
aswjmw wrote:
December 16th, 2017, 5:25 pm
She was $40 regular item/ $40 photo op/ $60 for POP/ $60 for regular combo/ $80 POP combo
That’s ridiculous!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 18th, 2017, 7:51 am

All around great!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 19th, 2017, 7:28 am

Excellent!