Belated ACE Comic Con Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
flarrow17
Marking Out Amateur

Belated ACE Comic Con Report

Post by flarrow17 » December 18th, 2017, 8:47 pm

This report is a bit late, and a lot of the main points of the con have been covered, so I'll be pretty brief.

At first I was going to attend Friday as well for some WWE names, but none of the guests were musts for me, so I ended up going to Jingle Ball in the city instead. It was probably a good thing, since I didn't have to deal with the apparent VIP chaos on Friday.

Arrived Saturday morning and I guess Ace had learned from their mistakes since all the VIP bags were already prepared and checking in was pretty smooth. I still think it's pretty stupid that they make you wait in another line to redeem autographs bought online though, because that line took awhile. Also, my Justice League VIP was supposed to be for Sunday, but then all the autograph tickets said Saturday, so I decided to try to get at least some of the autos done on Saturday.

My main problem with the VIP system was that basically everyone had some type of VIP, with most being Henry or Gal solo ones, and the Coliseum staff wasn't given much information on the structure of VIPs. They had also designated different signing times per celeb for the different VIP groups, but pretty much no one followed that and there was no enforcement by staff. I got all my autographs done though, so it was fine even though the process was kind of annoying. At least with the arena setting, we were allowed to sit in the seats while waiting for autographs.

I also think the metal detectors were a bit of an overkill. With the ones in photo ops (which made it take a while to get into the photo lines) as well as the ones that you had to go through to get to Gal and Henry's autos, I think I went though at least 8 metal detectors on Saturday.

Got my dual photo with Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot, as well as the Justice League cast op.

Another big mess came when it was time for the Justice League panel. They did the same first seating, second seating stuff that they did at Wizard World Philly, but it was super poorly implemented and the staff had no idea what they were doing. It's a good thing I have experience with cons, so I ended up with a great seat, but it was just a big mess and a lot of people were pissed.

Hopefully they can resolve some of the issues for the Arizona show since I'll be going to that one too.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Re: Belated ACE Comic Con Report

Post by djknightrida » December 18th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Group op looks great
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 18th, 2017, 11:40 pm

Great ops! So did you have to come back on Sunday?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

flarrow17
Marking Out Amateur

Post by flarrow17 » December 18th, 2017, 11:51 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 11:40 pm
Great ops! So did you have to come back on Sunday?
Thanks! Yea I already had a hotel booked for Saturday night and after the delay of photo ops on Saturday I didn't get all my autos done, so I got the Cavill and Fisher autos on Sunday and went to the panel.

flarrow17
Marking Out Amateur

Post by flarrow17 » December 18th, 2017, 11:55 pm

Haha on a side note, I asked Ray Fisher how many Borg Life shirts he had when I saw him wearing a pink one on Sunday and he said he has like 9. I asked him which color he liked the best and he said the blue one, but then he saw the pictures against the blue background and felt like a floating head in them.

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » December 19th, 2017, 12:32 am

Awesome group ops as always!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 19th, 2017, 7:25 am

Those photos turned out great!! Awesome!