Walking, Stalking, Acing it all

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Walking, Stalking, Acing it all

Post by djknightrida » December 18th, 2017, 9:47 pm

When Ace Comic Con was first announced I thought it was a hoax. A scam to get people out of their money. Once it was clear that this was the real deal it presented another level of problem as I had already bought multiple presale items for Walker Stalker in NJ. I knew I could resell the Jeffrey Dean Morgan stuff with ease but it would present the problem of not getting the show's hottest actor before his prices may increase and risking he will be booked for the next show I could attend. I determined I would attempt to attend Walker on Saturday and Ace on Sunday.

Of course with various additions, schedule changes, and the like I may have been better off switching days. May as a number of JDM's presold autos and photos were refunded Sunday. Either way when it was all said and done all it cost me that I wanted was a photo with Ezra Miller.

Saturday I arrived to WS as will call opened. They clearly did not have their stuff together as they had 1 person redeeming GA tickets, 1 redeeming Gold/Platinums, 1 redeeming VIP and 1 switching between GA and JDM autos. VIP could wait inside from the cold while GA's were forced outside into the wintery mix.

My first stop as usual was redeeming my ops as to avoid any potential lines later. I then scoped out the area and opted to wait in Chandler Riggs line as he was supposed to be there shortly after VIP entering. As I waited I heard Christian Serratos arrived and left the Riggs line and grabbed Rosita with ease. She had pretty much no line every time I walked by her table. I then hopped back into Chandler's line without losing a beat. Chandler was delayed in his arrival getting there about 90 minutes later than originally listed. As I waited I could see practically every other guest arrived. I still made a good decision as Riggs had one of the longest lines at the event. Got the combo and talked about his haircut unbeknownst to me the true implications of why at the time.

I banged out a few other table combos/ops before my first pro op including Austin Amelio, Steven Ogg, Scott Wilson, Juan Gabriel Pareja, and Ron Pearlman. The VIP pass was extremely helpful as the lines for nearly every guest were solely due to GA attendees. Ron Pearlman definitely deserves the bad rap I've heard in relation to him. In my planning I forgot my Blacklist book which was my item I wanted him in. I would have turned around to get it had i not been over an hour into the trip. When trying to tell him about it he was pushing me along not listening to a word I was saying. Although he did suggest I make the 6 hour round trip back so I could get him in the book on Sunday.

My first op was the one I was most excited for, Alanna Masterson. I opted to go pro rather than table as I had a special idea I didn't know if I could pull off at the table. I had the bright shades and Twizzlers as donned by her on TWD. Once she saw them she freaked out. It was a great experience and got to talk to her a bit at the table later while giving her the remainder of the candy I had in case I ate too many. She offered to retweet the pic if I sent it to her which I did and she subsequently did.

From here most of my day was over except the big ticket wait time for JDM's auto. I ended up waiting something close to 3-4 hours and didn't get to him until about 40 minutes after the con floor closed. In the meantime there was waiting and leaving for other pro ops. Sonequa Marin Green was nice. Made no sense why her pro op was the same price as the table op which is why I went pro. JDM's photos went down before I got back to his auto line. The amount of photos they sell is pure insanity. Once again I had an idea of what I wanted for this pro and it came out a lot better than what I hoped. I then waited for TWD's recently broken up couple of Ross Marquand and Jordan Woods Robinson. Both were chill and very much into supporting the gay community that was there to support their on screen relationship.

Once back to JDM's auto line it certainly moved quicker than previously as you could tell he was exhausted. Got a Lucille and POP done and got out of there hoping to get some rest. I ended up staying in the shittiest hotel ever. How shitty you ask? Only 2 things in the room worked, the heat and the TV. Literall issues with the lights, sink, shower, holes (whether bullet or peep) in the walls, etc. etc. The charged a $10 deposit just to get a room key. Their system was down at check in and I was forced to wait over 30 minutes before they decided to manually check in guests by having someone with a walkey talkey going around knocking on doors to ensure the room was empty. It was so bad. Even wiring this does not do it justice.

The next day I was back at Walker to get Iron E Singleton as he was made Sunday only from the snow. I was the second guest up to him and thank God as he really took his time with me. From there I made great time to Ace. Walked right in with the wristband/VIP pass CM sold me. I thought about getting the Gal/Henry dual but it just wasn't in the cards. I did pick up a Momoa op which Celeb helped me out with scheduling wise by selling me a group 1 so I wouldn't have issues getting my Henry op at the same time. I got to talk to a few MO folk including the gone but never forgotten Asian Dave. 50shadesofRey and I were scheduled to split Henry. We got into his line first per Celeb. Then they had us hop to Momoa since he was at his booth and Henry was MIA. Jason was chill. We skipped leaving the op area and going back through the unnecessary second sets of metal detectors at the photo area. They made us put everything we had in TSA bins when we entered his room. Despite trying to leave space between us for an easy split, Henry pulled both of us close to him.After I got out jpeg I was out of there making good time home. I didn't have anywhere near the problems of those on Friday or even Saturday. I would consider going back if they guest list is solid next year despite the insane amount of tolls to get to and from LI.

A couple of :bigday: to end my 2017.

2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Greg2600

Re: Walking, Stalking, Acing it all

Post by Greg2600 » December 18th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Did well for a 2-day trip. Color-synched Funko's very nice. JDM photo hilarious but I think he should have finished the job!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » December 19th, 2017, 12:44 am

Great stuff, DJ! I really have to try and attend a Walker Stalker to get the majority of the cast but I heard next year they're changing the way their VIP tickets work, which sucks.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 19th, 2017, 7:28 am

This was a great weekend. Love the Negan op

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » December 19th, 2017, 11:03 am

if you are going to a photo opp, of course make em count. Which you did! Nice job with the negan and tara photos.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » December 19th, 2017, 11:29 am

Real nice JDM. Good work

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 19th, 2017, 3:59 pm

Very funny JDM pic.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 19th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Thank you all. Hope to see your vote in the year end awards. :please:

mikeyicon wrote:
December 19th, 2017, 11:03 am
if you are going to a photo opp, of course make em count. Which you did! Nice job with the negan and tara photos.
Thank you. They really came out great and I’m so happy with both.
MrTonyRuben wrote:
December 19th, 2017, 12:44 am
Great stuff, DJ! I really have to try and attend a Walker Stalker to get the majority of the cast but I heard next year they're changing the way their VIP tickets work, which sucks.
I believe that is just platinum & gold. Regular VIP which should be sufficient should be unchanged.
Greg2600 wrote:
December 18th, 2017, 11:39 pm
Did well for a 2-day trip. Color-synched Funko's very nice. JDM photo hilarious but I think he should have finished the job!
The goal is to keep it that way. May be difficult if I try for Andrew in NYC at some point. Still must acquire some harder to find ones like Merle & Maggie. Damn me getting into the fandom late.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 19th, 2017, 6:31 pm

No ATL WS for Lincoln planned?

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 20th, 2017, 8:34 pm

WOODMO wrote:
December 19th, 2017, 6:31 pm
No ATL WS for Lincoln planned?
Meeting him very well may never happen period. October is death to my social life. Atlanta won’t ever change its dates bc of TWD production and I can’t see NYCC moving either.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 23rd, 2017, 2:59 pm

You should have taken photos of that hotel for BTS. Out of curiosity what was the rate of that hotel?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 24th, 2017, 10:30 am

class316 wrote:
December 23rd, 2017, 2:59 pm
You should have taken photos of that hotel for BTS. Out of curiosity what was the rate of that hotel?
I’m not looking to immortalize memories I’m trying to forget.

Anything more than the deposit I had to put down just for the key was too much for this shit hole.