December Report V: The FINALLY Frontier (Damon, Bale, Sevigny, Stan, Gotham, whatever!)

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

December Report V: The FINALLY Frontier (Damon, Bale, Sevigny, Stan, Gotham, whatever!)

Post by Greg2600 » December 24th, 2017, 12:18 am

And now...the end is near....and so I face....the final curtain....LOL yes what should be the last report of 2017 for me. A most insane year. The theme of this one is quite ironically, just a number of FINALLY's for me. Finally got A-list favorites I've wanted, that many others have gotten well before me. Finally obtained some graphs I've procrastinated on for some time as well.

Started the post-ACE week with a street trip. I first attempted a spot for Jodie Foster, but she never showed. One of the collectors received word that Jodie had gone to the wrong venue! Realizing not even a nice actor could stop being so late, I hopped on the subway to another spot. My friend had found out the location for a Matt Damon event. I arrived to a small contingent behind a couple rails. I joined them, and eventually Neil Patrick Harris arrived. Had nothing for him to sign, so I skipped. A grapher comes running up, saying that Matt was at another spot signing up a storm and is on his way. The car arrived, and true to form, Matt took care of everybody. On the way out a few mins later, he signed for the dealer storm AGAIN, what a guy. I’ve always liked Matt as an actor, but when I went through his wiki page, it’s really incredible how many movies he starred in which I loved. They include School Ties, The Rainmaker, Saving Private Ryan, Rounders, Ocean's Eleven, The Bourne Identity, Good Will Hunting, Stuck on You, The Departed, The Informant!, Interstellar, and The Martian. Very, very long time want for me achieved. Also on hand was his co-star Hong Chau, who I grabbed a photo with.

:rockvictory:

Following that I waited at a spot for members of the Gotham cast, primarily to get Ben McKenzie finally on my poster. When the crowd exited, they were using two sides of the building so I was constantly scooting back and forth. I saw Cory Michael Smith, Drew Powell, and a woman walk out from behind. I didn’t need those two, so I didn’t follow. As it turned out, the woman was Morena Baccarin, who I needed the graph from! :fack: ! Her husband Ben did exit awhile later, and signed for me no problem. They went to a bar nearby, but it was freezing out, and I didn’t feel like waiting there. Plus I didn’t find out about Morena until the morning after.

Top Center Sig

Moving forward to the following weekend, I had some info on appearances by Sebastian Stan and Timothée Chalamet. Stan I have a fine photo from years back, but I have this cool Rutgers alumni book they sent me that has artwork of Sebastian, Mike Colter and Callista Flockhart on the cover. They all attended the school, same as me. So I wanted to have that signed for a few years, but despite seeing Mike and Sebastian quite a bit, I never have it with me. Chalamet is a quickly up and coming actor, but he didn’t stop for me a couple times last year. Both actors were around the previous ACE Saturday but the weather was awful so I skipped. First Timmy spot was a disaster with tons of fans around because he blew the spot himself on social media. So I went to the Stan spot, and he arrived and signed, even remarking on how cool the magazine was. From there a master and I took the subway to the next Tim spot. While we and others warmed up inside, I spot a guy that I think is maybe Mick Jones from Foreigner. Same master and I walk over, and I strike up a convo. It WAS Mick, and I was over the moon excited to be able to lavish praise on his work on the old Still Crazy film soundtrack, which I own and frigging love! Anyway he did the photo for us no problem. Chalamet arrived and was met mostly by NY regulars outside, so I joined and go the selfie! With that I stopped for some pizza and continued on home.

:random:

I was not intending on doing anything further, but was informed that night about Christian Bale coming to NY the next day. Since I was too sick back in April when he was here, I HAD to go this time. I arrived at a spot, and was joined by a dozen others. Co-stars Wes Studi, who was fantastic as Geronimo in the film of the same name, and the lovely Rosamund Pike from Gone Girl, arrived. I got photos with both, but no Bale. Turns out he went to a CNN event instead. So we all proceed to the next spot which was an utter mess. This time Christian did show up, and did tons of combos, of which I somehow got him though! One of my all-time favorite names, and less than a week after getting Matt Damon, another of mine. Bale was simply outstanding in films like American Psycho and The Prestige, but I also loved him as John Connor as well as in Newsies! Well this time I was the KING OF NEW YORK! I managed to get him to sign my DVD of The Prestige, my favorite Nolan film, which was previously signed by Christopher and Hugh.

:victory:

On another trip, I visited the spot for a Chloe Sevigny (ironically Bale’s American Psycho co-star) photo and to add Josh Pais to my TMNT 1990 film piece. This was another cast piece I’ve had awhile, and have tried to find Pais appearances, which wasn’t easy until now. Chloe turned me down a couple times in the past, but she’s a long time want of mine, always found her sizzling. Lanza joined me on this one, and we got Chloe although my photo was pretty cruddy. She scooted away though so I couldn’t really run her down. Josh was very nice, and took care of us no problem.

Raphael added...

I made another visit a week or so later, and though Chloe was not super into it, she took the photo. Turned out to be some good randoms for me as well. Rob Morrow from Northern Exposure was there, and was very friendly. I saw him one night several years ago, but I couldn’t think of his name, and called him the wrong one so he ignored me. Ha ha. Also on hand was actor Joseph D'Onofrio who played a young Tommy (Joe Pesci’s character) in Goodfellas. He was super friendly too, and we chatted while waiting there. I also got a photo with his friend, young actor Christian Demeo, who could be an up and comer for sure. They all appear in an upcoming TV series called The Neighborhood.

Finally!

Morrow

D'Onofrio

Demeo

There was another show going on there, and I grabbed a photo with Rocco Sisto, who famously played Richie Gazzo in Donnie Brasco, one of my favorite mob movies. Great guy, swore I looked familiar, aka was an actor. LOL. I looked for Paul Wesley, but apparently he would rather sneak out the back somewhere than deal with 3-4 fangirls who show up. Hmmmmm. Friend and I tried a spot for Darlene Love, but didn’t see her after awhile so we went home.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

flarrow17
Marking Out Amateur

Re: December Report V: The FINALLY Frontier (Damon, Bale, Sevigny, Stan, Gotham, whatever!)

Post by flarrow17 » December 24th, 2017, 1:25 am

Great report Greg! Awesome Matt Damon shot!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: December Report V: The FINALLY Frontier (Damon, Bale, Sevigny, Stan, Gotham, whatever!)

Post by WOODMO » December 24th, 2017, 7:19 am

Excellent stuff!! Glad you finally got Damon and Bale. Hong is a good one as well, she stole many a scene in Downsizing

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » December 24th, 2017, 8:53 am

Nice stuff

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 24th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Great collection of additions to end the year with!

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 24th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Damn Morena continues to be a thorn in your side. Great Damon
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » December 26th, 2017, 5:23 am

Epic stuff, Greg! The Bale pic would be my favortie and IMO, The Prestige is my favorite Nolan film as well

Joresky

Post by Joresky » December 26th, 2017, 9:00 am

Awesome Damon pic.. I need to upgrade mine at some point