WOODMO's New Year Includes an Oldman

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

WOODMO's New Year Includes an Oldman

Post by WOODMO » January 16th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Last night I had some spur of the moment info on a man who has alluded me in the past, Gary Oldman. I tried for him at a morning spot years ago, got the autograph, but he kind of ignored all photo requests and marched straight in. On exit I never saw him, so apparently he slipped out a different door. Needless to say I was 0-1

I drove in, paid a whopping 75 cents in parking and made it to the spot. I was greeted by 15 dealers, which ballooned into 23 mixed with a handful of fans who were totally drowned out by the bumbling stumbling dealers who literally fell onto the sidewalk repeatedly jockeying for Oldman autos which were trash. I have one from years ago that I gave up trying to sell!

Anyhow, the in was a bust, 0-2 was looking quite likely, but his guard asked the 10 or so fans remaining if they wanted photos or autos, and we all said photos. The guard said "look, I can't promise anything, if he doesn't feel like it he won't stop, but he should be able to take care of the photos as long as nobody tries for any more autos."

I went in with my friend Tony, so we dipped into a bar for warmth and cover, and then went back out around the :bewitching: . True to the guard's hint, Gary banged out all the photos, and even signed more for Radioman and other dealers who remained to try for more.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: WOODMO's New Year Includes an Oldman

Post by lanza218 » January 16th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Easy enough. Cool name

Cozmik
Learning To Mark Out

Post by Cozmik » January 16th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Nice. Gary Oldman is brilliant.

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » January 16th, 2018, 10:46 pm

Great photo, Woodmo!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 17th, 2018, 1:10 am

Great shot, what more can you say!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Post by Joresky » January 17th, 2018, 8:37 am

He's a great actor!! Awesome photo, congrats!!