A Wonderous Random Last Night

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

A Wonderous Random Last Night

Post by Greg2600 » January 17th, 2018, 8:15 pm

Last night, I heard from a few sources about a Chris Hemsworth event in Manhattan. I had the major names already. However, I wasn’t fully convinced actors would be easy to get there, or whatnot, so I tried a few beforehand. The two I got were Trevante Rhodes and Navid Negahban, which were my two main wants from the cast. Rhodes I’ve never heard of before, but he’s due to be a main castmember on The Predator later this year, and I’ve been “pre-collecting” the cast since Predator remains one of my favorite film franchises (much moreso than Alien). Navid I know well, as he played the sinister Abu Nazir on Homeland plus the hilarious Morsi on the last Curb Your Enthusiasm. He’s also going to be a major character on Legion season 2, so again, great get for me. Both were very very friendly, Navid, who often plays awful bad guys, couldn’t have been nicer.

Rhodes

Navid

I had a choice of trying the Hems spot, or another for Sharon Stone. I figured Stone would be next to impossible, so I didn’t go there. Supposedly she did one photo, but wasn’t worth the gamble. As I arrived a few actors had already gone inside. I was actually inside, but security kicked me out. This was annoying because within minutes “Wonder Woman” Lynda Carter arrived, did a few pics outside, and went in. Had I still been inside I could have gotten her easily. I did get Geoff Stults though. At this point I was forced to wait along with 30 other people for exits. Most wanted Hemsworth and/or his new BFF Matt Damon, but neither stopped on arrival. I would have liked Chris’s wife Elsa but didn’t expect her to do anything here, and she did not.

Eventually Lynda left, and was surrounded, but I somehow managed a good shot in that mess! Last year, Heel Orton and I had left a spot Lynda was at to go and get ironically the Bionic Woman, so it was terrific to get her this time. I believe I’ve met the principles now of all the 1970’s “super hero” shows I used to watch in reruns, Wonder Woman, the Incredible Hulk, Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman, Buck Rogers, and Battlestar. I also got a photo with funny actor Rob Riggle, who was very nice. I missed Jerry Bruckheimer on the way in, he did one photo, and left deep into the night, well after I went home.

Geoff

Lynda

Riggle
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: A Wonderous Random Last Night

Post by WOODMO » January 17th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Rhodes was great in Moonlight last Oscar season. Awesome scores though all around.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 17th, 2018, 8:46 pm

Great stuff as usual, brother
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Joresky

Post by Joresky » January 18th, 2018, 9:15 am

Cool stuff... I still need Riggle