Mark Addy, Creed Bratton, Chris Stapleton and more in NYC/MD

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Mark Addy, Creed Bratton, Chris Stapleton and more in NYC/MD

Post by Joresky » January 29th, 2018, 10:25 am

This past weekend I finally met my first celebrities of 2018. On Thursday, I decided to see a comedy/music show in Baltimore by actor/musician Creed Bratton who played Creed in TVs The Office and he was the 60s band The Grass Roots (singer/guitarist). I found a discount ticket on goldstar for only $14 and it was local so I figured why not. The show was great.. Creed told stories about working on the Office, played some of his classic songs from The Grass Roots records and told some funny jokes here and there. After the show he didn't do a meet and greet inside so I waited outside for him to leave. Less than an hour after the show Creed came out and there were only five of us waiting when Creed walked out. I figured Creed would be a nice guy but I was mistaken.. he said "its too cold, sorry." After some pleading he signed an autograph for one guy and then did a selfie with me. He then shut out the remaining three fans who were waiting. I know it was a bit cold outside but it wasn't as bad as it had been. I was happy to get the selfie (and my first photo of 2018) but it was bittersweet since I felt bad for the fans that got shut out. I spoke to a good friend of mine who met Creed about a year ago and he told me Creed was also in a grumpy mood and forced everyone to do a group shot and signed one autograph so I guess I lucked out getting an individual selfie. On Friday I saw a comedy show by comedian Kevin Brennan. I had discount tickets to this show and hadn't been to Magoobys in a while so I figured why not. Kevin was a writer for SNL in the early 2000s and even did some of their Weekend Updates. His brother also co-created the Chappelle's Show which is pretty cool. Kevin had a funny show and I enjoyed myself. They tried to give me a front row table but I had learned better from previous shows that I didn't want to get picked on so I requested a table in the back. After the show Kevin didn't do a meet and greet but I found him hanging out in the bar that is part of the comedy club. I got a photo with him in there and chatted for a couple minutes. Very nice guy. After the show I decided to check out a movie "I, Tonya" at my local theatre and it was pretty good. I have moviepass so I get unlimited movies for $10 a month so I make it a point to see a lot of them if I can.

On Saturday I headed up to New York City for my first celebrity hunting NYC trip of 2018. The weather was supposed to be nicer on this day (50s/40s instead of frigid temperatures we have been experiencing lately). There were some wrestling and sports cons this particular day in PA and NJ but I had no interest in their guest lists so I skipped them. The first spot I went to was one for randoms but I didn't really spot anyone. I met up with good friends Andrew and Francesco at this spot. From here we went to another spot where there were some fans waiting but the only "celeb" we saw there was youtuber C-Lo. I took a photo with him "just in case" because there are some youtube channels that I really enjoy although I wasn't familiar with this particular one. Andrew told me this particular youtuber only has 19,000 followers so he is not really one of the "famous" ones so this pic might be invalid. After this I tried for actress Francesca Annis (Krull, Dune) but unfortunately we didn't see her leave and time was tight since I needed to go to another spot for actress Hayley Mills. At this spot we got photos with actresses Gina Costigan and Allison Jean White who had some smaller TV and movie credits to their name. We were told Hayley was inside greeting people so we walked in and got her in the lobby no problem. She was super nice and took photos and signed for anyone who asked. This was my first decent photo of my NYC trip since I am actually familiar with her work from the movie the Parent Trap and the first season of Saved by the Bell (she played Miss Bliss when the show was called Good Morning Miss Bliss). At this point we headed to another spot where I heard names like Sam Smith and Lorde might be at. The Grammys were scheduled to occur in NYC the next day so there were many music celebs around in town for that event and events leading up to it. I have to admit a lot of the music currently out I consider crap and I am unfamiliar with the artists but there are some that I do enjoy (Lana Del Rey, Sam Smith, Adele). When I arrived at the spot I was told that by my buddy Charlie that I missed Sam Smith leaving and that he did take care of fans so that was a bummer. We spotted singer Ryan Tedder (lead singer of One Republic) and I got another photo with him (I met him a couple times in the past outside some shows in Baltimore). We saw one of the members of The Chainsmokers but I wasn't able to get up to him in time to get a photo. At this point my good friend Suzanne met up with us at this spot and we all headed to another spot to meet actress Evanna Lynch who played Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films. We waited for a little while and we saw Evanna and her co-star Colin Campbell coming out. We walked inside and got photos from them no problem, they were both super nice. After this we went to another spot for actor Mark Addy who was in the Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas, Game of Thrones and TVs Still Standing. We saw Mark come out first and he was nice as can be and took care of us no problem. Next we saw actor Maxwell Caulfield who played Rex Manning in Empire Records and he was in Grease 2. I had just met him at Chiller but I got another photo with him here. After this we scored photos with actor Johnny Flynn who was in a couple fims that I haven't seen yet. After this we went to another spot to try for Grammy artists again. The one spot I saw looked like a bad setup so I left and went to another spot. I saw a guy with shades go in but didn't know who he was but I later found out it was The Dream. I still have no idea who that artist is so I guess thats not a huge loss. Turns out I made a slight mistake not staying at the other spot because they managed to get a couple artists including Dua Lipa (who I'm not familiar with at all but she is performing on the next SNL episode). At this point I went to my final spot for the trip where I was hoping to score big.

At this spot I scored photos with comedians Melissa Villasenor and Chris Redd (both of TVs Saturday Night Live). It had started to rain so some raindrops got on my lens and blurred some of my photos a little. It took me a little longer to find the final spot but this turned out to be a good thing since I scored Melissa before I went to the final spot and she doesn't always do it at that spot from what I hear. When I arrived at the final spot I was told everyone was in but they didn't get much (Will Ferrell and Chris Stapleton didn't stop apparently). After a little while I scored a photo with SNL producer Lindsay Shookus (she is the girlfriend of actor Ben Affleck). Next I scored an updated photo with actor Thomas Mann (Kong Skull Island, Project X, Me Earl and the Dying Girl). After this Will Ferrell came out and I already had a photo with him but brought some blu rays to get signed in case he stopped. He was holding his kid who was pretending to be asleep while he walked to the car so he didn't stop. Oh well, no biggie for me since I already have a combo. At this point a lot of people left and went to another spot so there were only about five of us left which made it much easier to score names. Country musician Chris Stapleton came out next and he was nice as can be and took photos for everyone and signed one for somebody that asked. I don't really like country music that much but I found out that he won a Grammy the next night so I guess this was a decent score. After this I got an updated photo with Bill Nye the Science Guy and I got an upgrade with director Edgar Wright (Shawn of the Dead, Baby Driver, Scott Pilgrim Vs the World) since that one I got at Awesome Con was slightly blurry. Next I got some photo updates with comedians Beck Bennett and Alex Moffatt who were cool as always. Lastly I scored fresh photos with Heidi Gardner and Luke Null who are new to the SNL cast. I am now happy to say that I have met the whole cast of SNL and am up to date on the show. At this point I left the spot and headed to my bus to go home. I ended up doing decently in my opinion. I was hoping to score an A lister or two but I got some decent lower names and quite a few of them so thats not too bad considering it wasn't super cold out. This was a decent start to my year of meeting celebs and hopefully it gets even better from here.
photomarkaddy.jpg
Me and actor Mark Addy
photohayleymills.jpg
Me and actress Hayley Mills
photoevannalynch.jpg
Me and actress Evanna Lynch
photocreedbratton.jpg
Me and actor/musician Creed Bratton
photochrisstapleton.jpg
Me and country singer Chris Stapleton
photomaxwellcaulfield.jpg
Me and actor Maxwell Caulfield
photothomasmann.jpg
Me and actor Thomas Mann
photoryantedder.jpg
Me and singer Ryan Tedder
photochrisredd.jpg
Me and comedian Chris Redd
photoheidigardner.jpg
Me and comedian Heidi Gardner
photomelissavillasenor.jpg
Me and comedian Melissa Villasenor
photolukenull.jpg
Me and comedian Luke Null
photolindsayshookus.jpg
Me and SNL producer Lindsay Shookus
photojonnyflynn.jpg
Me and actor Johnny Flynn
photoginacostigan.jpg
Me and actress Gina Costigan
photoedgarwright.jpg
Me and director Edgar Wright
photobillnye.jpg
Me and Bill Nye the Science Guy
photoallisonjeanwhite.jpg
Me and actress Allison Jean White
photoalexmoffatt.jpg
Me and comedian Alex Moffatt
photobeckbennett.jpg
Me and comedian Beck Bennett
photocolincampbell.jpg
Me and actor Colin Campbell
photokevinbrennan.jpg
Me and comedian Kevin Brennan
photoclo.jpg
Me and youtuber C-Lo

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Mark Addy, Creed Bratton, Chris Stapleton and more in NYC/MD

Post by lanza218 » January 29th, 2018, 10:52 am

Nice haul

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 29th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Jealous of the SNL people! Good stuff!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 29th, 2018, 8:15 pm

Jealous you got to meet Creed! Great stuff
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » January 30th, 2018, 9:09 am

Jerry is transforming into Gollum...

I never expected the Grammy's to be very accessible. Just too much security all over the place.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » February 4th, 2018, 3:37 pm

You don't mention that in the report, but Thomas Mann is likely a repeat name for you. It was NYCC 2012 and it was at a random spot right after Night of Too Many Stars. I got a shot, and I took Don's shot. So you must have it.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 4th, 2018, 3:58 pm

class316 wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 3:37 pm
You don't mention that in the report, but Thomas Mann is likely a repeat name for you. It was NYCC 2012 and it was at a random spot right after Night of Too Many Stars. I got a shot, and I took Don's shot. So you must have it.
Yes he does.
Next I scored an updated photo with actor Thomas Mann (Kong Skull Island, Project X, Me Earl and the Dying Girl).

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » February 4th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Oh my bad
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/