Chasing a 90's Idol in a Fedora in Living Color

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Chasing a 90's Idol in a Fedora in Living Color

Post by Greg2600 » February 12th, 2018, 6:56 pm

A friend found me a mostly easy spot for “Vinny Chase” Adrian Grenier from Entourage, in NYC. I scooted in and got the photo. However, I didn’t realize the zoom was in a bunch and the result was not what I wanted. After that, I drove up to a spot for Jason Priestley, who I should’ve gotten at Bookends a few years ago. His publicist tried to rush him away, but Jason was very nice and seemed to do it for everyone there. I had to jump in front of him to be sure to get it though. Jason was also briefly an Indy car driver, which didn't go too well. He crashed head on and wound up with facial injuries.

With the weather pretty crummy, I decided to get one last combo and go home. I stop at a show with Marsha Mason, who’s turned me down before. This time she was in a good mood, and I got it. She was a star of 2 Days in the Valley, one of my favorite films.

Another day I took a lunch run at what’s usually a madhouse, but with the cold and guests, wasn’t too bad. The first guest to pop out was comedian Tommy Davidson, a long, long time want from In Living Color. He was absolutely hilarious on that show. And pretty funny in Ace Ventura When Nature Calls. The second guest left about 30 minutes later, and it was co-star of the new Netflix series Altered Carbon, Ato Essandoh, a local, and very nice.

After work, I waited for Oscar winner Mark Rylance, who we’d missed a couple years ago. I’d heard he was pretty easy at this spot though. Sure enough, he did the photo no problem. The funny thing about Mark is that he dresses pretty much like his characters, fedora and all. Life imitates art I guess.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Chasing a 90's Idol in a Fedora in Living Color

Post by Btvsp3 » February 12th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Glad you got Jason! It was good meeting you.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Chasing a 90's Idol in a Fedora in Living Color

Post by WOODMO » February 13th, 2018, 8:54 am

Excellent stuff!!