Marilyn Manson in Baltimore, MD

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Marilyn Manson in Baltimore, MD

Post by Joresky » February 21st, 2018, 10:04 am

Last Tuesday night I met rock star Marilyn Manson and attended his rock concert in Baltimore, MD. I had bought the VIP ticket a few months in advance. He is someone I have attempted to meet in the past and have only managed to score autographs from (he wouldn't pose) so when I saw he was coming back to my backyard and that he was selling a VIP meet and greet I decided it was time to take the plunge. I knew ahead of time that the photo op would be a polaroid and that there would be no autographs aside from the polaroid that he would sign. The price tag for this was $397 and included the meet and greet, and a general admission concert ticket that included early access to the show so I could have a front row spot. The check in time for the meet and greet was 4:30 pm so I made sure to be on time and arrived at the venue by 4 pm. They started checking us in at 4:30 pm and had us wait in the bar area until all the VIPs were checked in. We were given a bit of merch with our VIP package including a bag, an unsigned poster, a set of pins and a collectible concert ticket. A couple friends of mine had managed to win free VIP tickets on 98 Rock so I had some cool friends to hang out with which was cool. There appeared to be about 50 VIPs are so (this is just a guesstimate). I thought the meet and greet was going to be on his tour bus but they set up a special black tent in the middle of the rock club that was going to happen before doors opened. Around 5:45 or so we were brought inside the rock club and they had a special table set up where we were to put all of our belongings. We weren't allowed to bring in any items (cameras or merch) inside the meet and greet tent and we had to go in one at a time (this even applied to couples). When it was my turn to enter the tent they told me to sit on a little couch next to Manson inside the tent and he gave me a hug and seemed personable. We then took the photo and I asked Manson if he had any plans to appear in any future movies or TV and he told me he would have a small role in New Mutants movie coming out next year. It might be a voice over role or something small I think. Manson is more known for being a rock singer but he has appeared in some movies in the past (like the Macaulay Culkin/Seth Green movie Party Monster). It took him a couple extra seconds to process my question it seemed and he seemed to be kinda out of it/high. I'm not going to make any assumptions but i'm guessing he was "on something." Manson signed my polaroid at the bottom in the white area which is cool because I can always crop out the autograph when I post it to social media. It took a few minutes for the Polaroid to come out and after it did I noticed one of his eyes was closed and the other was only slightly opened. I looked at my friends photos and they got better shots (with at least one eye fully opened). By the time I noticed my photo wasn't quite as good as the others I was out of the meet and greet room and there wasn't anything I could really do about it. My friends assured me that my photo looked fine and I tried not to think about it but for money I spent I think I should have gotten a retake. We then went inside the rock club and got front row spots for an awesome show. I heard Manson performed another show in New York a couple days later and he was an absolute trainwreck so I guess I lucked out in getting a better performance at my show. After the show I left and went home (instead of waiting outside by the tour bus like I usually do) and even though things didn't go perfectly I don't regret participating in the meet and greet. No matter what anyone says, I believe my photo is still valid and I will be happy I have this photo when Manson eventually passes. Judging by his recent behavior that unfortunately might happen sooner than later.
photomanson.jpg

Greg2600

Re: Marilyn Manson in Baltimore, MD

Post by Greg2600 » February 21st, 2018, 11:01 am

Given your fandom for the guy, I would have to issue congrats, as I know you've wanted him for years. I personally wouldn't spend a nickel, but I have zero interest in his music. As for the quality of the photo, as crazy as this sounds, the dark polaroid more or less fits with his goth motif. Beyond that really shit-assed way to treat his fans (and I thought Brian Wilson was bad!)
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » February 21st, 2018, 11:29 am

Good score

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » February 21st, 2018, 12:18 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 11:01 am
Given your fandom for the guy, I would have to issue congrats, as I know you've wanted him for years. I personally wouldn't spend a nickel, but I have zero interest in his music. As for the quality of the photo, as crazy as this sounds, the dark polaroid more or less fits with his goth motif. Beyond that really shit-assed way to treat his fans (and I thought Brian Wilson was bad!)
Sadly, I don't think it's a "Manson" thing. When this photo op was public I got a lot of feedback/comments from different combo hunters both in person and via text/FB and all the criticism aside one NYC Master said it best. From a FB message he sent me, and I quote:
These things get more and more ridiculous by the day
It's what I've said before. As sickening as it is despite fans spending more and more money these things are getting worse and worse in terms of value. This "industry" is truly the only one where the customer can be treated like shit and they won't lose any money. Things like the Manson m&g where the Polaroid and no signed merch is in writing will sickeningly sell out just as well as Mason with the best camera in the world and 10 items signed.

These days it's hard to find ANY m&g that is fan friendly. Even a $400 Jared Leto m&g had some combination of hat/shades/beard.

A rare exception was the :16x: Randy Newman m&g. He was able to take a picture with his own camera, he was able to interact, he was able to get merch signed. If only all m&gs could be that sensible.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » February 21st, 2018, 2:30 pm

A Polaroid????? If this was 1980, I'd be thrilled. I mean, Im happy for u, but Jesus.

and sorry, class, Kiss is super fan friendly, as even the tech and people working it are nice ( gave me guitar pics and got me extra autos). Yes, it was $1250, but for what u get, ( and may take some skill of talking to people to get more), is 100% worth it.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » February 21st, 2018, 2:34 pm

capman wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 2:30 pm
A Polaroid????? If this was 1980, I'd be thrilled.
I know, right? He had to wait for it to be developed. This is why he couldn't see the photo as it was being signed! Wow just wow! Mind blowing that this is even a thing in 2018.
and sorry, class, Kiss is super fan friendly, as even the tech and people working it are nice ( gave me guitar pics and got me extra autos). Yes, it was $1250, but for what u get, ( and may take some skill of talking to people to get more), is 100% worth it.
If you read my replies to KISS reports I always said that it is unusually fan friendly compared to most other m&gs.

Though I do have one major gripe with these KISS m&gs, you cannot stand in between the two originals. For that price you should be able to make that choice.

As for me since I have single shots with each of the 4 originals so I'd never pay four figures for that, but if I were a big enough KISS fan and wanted the group makeup shot, this gripe would be enough of a deterrent for me.

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » February 21st, 2018, 3:30 pm

I've been waiting for this report.

All in all, I think your photo looks just fine. Is a Polaroid kinda weird in 2018? Yes. Does Manson look high? Yes. But like I told Jeremiah, a clear photo of a grinning, alert Manson might look even stranger.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » February 22nd, 2018, 7:13 am

Look, is it the best quality or even good quality? No. If a big want though was doing this I’d quit possibly make the same decision you made. A DiCaprio $400 Polaroid would be hard to turn down just because what are my other options. I’m surprised you the quality freak made the same decision though. The goth motif does work as Greg said I agree

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » February 22nd, 2018, 7:51 am

I think it looks cool. Definitely fits with his vibe.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » February 22nd, 2018, 8:42 am

WOODMO wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 7:13 am
Look, is it the best quality or even good quality? No. If a big want though was doing this I’d quit possibly make the same decision you made. A DiCaprio $400 Polaroid would be hard to turn down just because what are my other options. I’m surprised you the quality freak made the same decision though. The goth motif does work as Greg said I agree
I know I usually like quality pics but I figured i'd rather have a polaroid photo with him than no picture at all so I decided to go for it

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » February 22nd, 2018, 11:03 pm

WOODMO wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 7:13 am
Look, is it the best quality or even good quality? No. If a big want though was doing this I’d quit possibly make the same decision you made. A DiCaprio $400 Polaroid would be hard to turn down just because what are my other options.
Joresky wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 8:42 am
I know I usually like quality pics but I figured i'd rather have a polaroid photo with him than no picture at all so I decided to go for it
And this is exactly what I was just talking about. This is why this "industry" can treat its customers like crap and get away with it.

If for instance the electronics department at Walmart only offered Polaroid cameras for sale, people would shop at Target or Best Buy for all their photography needs. But here fans see no other options so they drop big money on results that range from total crap to sub par.

While most m&gs may not be as extreme as a Polaroid that looks sub par even by 1980s quality standards, for instance why bother to offer autographs and pristine photo ops for a four figured m&g when a pre signed 8x10 and blurry photo op will sell out just well? Fans see no other way to get it so makes no sense for them to dedicate the time and man power for a signing or invest in better camera equipment.

Really makes one's blood boil if you think about it.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » March 5th, 2018, 11:24 pm

To reiterate what was said about these things getting more ridiculous by the day, ZZ Top jacked up the price of their m&gs. But that's not the worst part. Looking at their last tour towards the end, people only got ONE MEMBER :exasperated: :exasperated: :exasperated:

https://store.zztop.com/meetgreet/categ ... ex/?ga=149

I actually need all but Billy. Imagine if I did pay that m&g and that's all I got. Given this the m&g could cost just $100 and I would not dare risk it.

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » March 9th, 2018, 2:56 am

All things considered the photo actually looks pretty good. The price tag and the MM signature though..oof! Then again, you're a big fan and had a great night out so totally worth it. :like: