Regeneration Who 4, Paula Poundstone, Mickey Thomas and Billy Gardell in Maryland

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Regeneration Who 4, Paula Poundstone, Mickey Thomas and Billy Gardell in Maryland

Post by Joresky » March 26th, 2018, 3:19 pm

This past weekend I met a bunch of celebrities in the Maryland area. On Friday night I hit up a comedy show in Towson (near where I live) at Goucher College by famous comedian Paula Poundstone. After the show Paula did a meet and greet so I got a photo with her and her new book signed. She was very nice and took time to chat with each person for a couple minutes. Also, her show was very funny.. I can tell she has been doing comedy for a long time based on how good she was. On Saturday I hit up Regeneration Who 4 con in Baltimore, MD (a local Dr Who convention). The headline guest was Peter Capaldi but I already met him at Awesome Con a couple years ago. I got photos with Michelle Gomez, Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Matthew Waterhouse, John Leeson, Michael Jayston, Mark Strickson, William Russell and Lisa Greenwood. I table ops with everyone except William Russell, Michelle Gomez and Mark Strickson. William and Michelle would only do pro ops and Strickson was only at his autograph table from 12 to 1 and I arrived after 1 pm so the only way I could get him was by purchasing his pro op. Luckily, the pro ops were reasonably priced for the most part and they didn't charge extra for digital copies. I saw director Rachel Talalay (Tank Girl, Freddys Dead The Final Nightmare) walking around at the con and asked her for a photo and she gave me the same response she did a couple years ago at a different con, "I don't do photos." Oh well, no harm in asking I guess. Towards the end of the con I chatted with Marked Out board member Cozmik... very cool guy.

After the con I met up with my buddy Mike and we went for a couple celebs. We went to a local comedy club to get Billy Gardell from TVs Mike and Molly. I already had Billy from a previous New York trip but my buddy needed him and I decided why not get him again and this time get an autograph. We were able to score combos from him not long after we arrived at the venue which was cool. After that me and my buddy headed to Hanover, MD to try to meet Mickey Thomas, former lead singer of Jefferson Starship. He is known for singing the classic song "We Built This City on Rock and Roll." We waited outside and when he came out his handler tried to rush him but we asked for photos anyway and most of us got them including me and my friend Mike. At this point I headed home to go rest after a long day. Overall, this wasn't bad for staying close to home.
photomichellegomez.jpg
Me and actress Michelle Gomez
photowilliamrussell.jpg
Me and actor William Russell
photomarkstrickson.jpg
Me and actor Mark Strickson
photojanetfielding.jpg
Me and actress Janet Fielding
photomatthewwaterhouse.jpg
Me and actor Matthew Waterhouse
photomichaeljayston.jpg
Me and actor Michael Jayston
photosarahsutton.jpg
Me and actress Sarah Sutton
photojohnleeson.jpg
Me and actor John Leeson
photolisagreenwood.jpg
Me and actress Lisa Greenwood
photopaulapoundstone.jpg
Me and comedian Paula Poundstone
photomickeythomas.jpg
Me and singer Mickey Thomas (Jefferson Starship)
photobillygardell.jpg
Me and comedian/actor Billy Gardell
autosarahsutton.jpg
Sarah Sutton signed photo
autopaulapoundstone.jpg
Paula Poundstone signed book
autopaulapoundstone.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 660 times
autobillygardell.jpg
Billy Gardell signed DVD
autobillygardell.jpg (23.52 KiB) Viewed 660 times

Cozmik
Learning To Mark Out

Re: Regeneration Who 4, Paula Poundstone, Mickey Thomas and Billy Gardell in Maryland

Post by Cozmik » March 26th, 2018, 3:45 pm

I'm so impressed you left Regen after 8:00 on a Saturday night to get a couple great shots afterwards. I was exhausted by that time. Great meeting you there!

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Regeneration Who 4, Paula Poundstone, Mickey Thomas and Billy Gardell in Maryland

Post by lanza218 » March 27th, 2018, 11:13 am

Nice. Literally WHO names