A Grand Tour with Lt. Dan (Sinise, Noonan, Anderson, etc.)

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600
Site Admin

A Grand Tour with Lt. Dan (Sinise, Noonan, Anderson, etc.)

Post by Greg2600 »

I made an attempt at a graph for Drew Barrymore, which was a bust. She blanked in, and snuck out on exit. I got a photo with Liv Hewson (Santa Clarita Diet, Marvel’s Inhumans), and that was it. I tried another spot for Nia Long (Fresh Prince) and Kathrine Narducci but they both rushed out to cars.

We were then greeted with yet another snow storm, so I was MIA for several days. On return to action, I HAD to go for the one and only Lt. Dan, the great Gary Sinise! He rarely appears in New York, and between Forest, Ransom, Apollo 13, Mission to Mars, Reindeer Games, etc, great name. I arrived, and though Gary look forever to get there, he was polite and friendly to the 10 or so waiting.

I left Gary and went to work. After leaving work, I hung around a spot hoping to get Alison Pill, but didn’t see her. Well, a blonde with glasses literally flashed before my eyes at one point, which might have been her. Happened way too fast to react. While I was standing there I saw Denzel Washington a couple times but he was in no mood for combos. I also crossed paths with Joshua Jackson, and shook hands and wished him well on his new show. After quite a bit of wasted time, I went for some food, and was going to take the subway north but my Metrocard was reporting expiration but it shouldn’t have. Not wanting to work it out, I just walked the 20 blocks or so. My goal was director Wes Anderson, and despite a decent crowd he was nice and stopped for all, as did several actors from Isle of Dogs but I had them all already.

display window of AMC Theatre

The following night I was at it again, this time hoping to get Daryl Hannah, and some others, and maybe call it an early night. I arrived to the spot, and saw a few collectors I know. They gave me the bad news, that Daryl and rocker Neil Young had already arrived. Neil did nothing, while Daryl did a few combos. We talked for awhile, and those people left, while several others arrived. I didn’t have tickets so I couldn’t go inside to try for her either. I decided to leave for another spot and come back. As I am walking I see a familiar face scoot by me, and I follow him for a couple blocks. I catch up and say hello, as it was an actor I needed, Tom Noonan, from Monster Squad, Manhunter, Last Action Hero, and 12 Monkeys (TV)! He was super nice. I blurted that I just watched Manhunter the night before (true story), and he laughs and asks how he did in that movie.

:random:

I continued on, and waited for Sopranos/Bronx Tale actor Lillo Brancato and Chris Mulkey from Boardwalk Empire. I took a guy’s photo for him and his friend, which turned out to be the director, ha ha. Anyway, I left and returned for Daryl, but it was empty. This was strange, so I ran around to the back, and saw nothing. I should have been back in plenty of time. Later on I learned that Daryl introduced the next film for less than a minute, and they snuck out the back with security. So I basically missed nothing. I returned to the other spot and was able to get a photo with ex-con Brancato.

:lanza: Lanza had agreed to some late night combo hunting following hanging with his friends, but I wasn’t all that confident he’d not just go home! Timing worked out, and he was available and just a few blocks away. We drove uptown, and got in line with plenty of time to spare. Out came our only want here, former Top Gun and Nerd, Anthony Edwards, who was very nice and did photos for us. I had a ZZ Top photo with him in the past, so this was a nice (for me rare) upgrade!

We move to another spot, which lets out to a sea of people. Don’t know how, but Lanza recognizes an actor from Becker, and points him out. I check and it was indeed that actor, who I know better from PCU, Alex Desert! We ask him for a photo, and he was super cool. Really dug me remembering PCU. After that we move away from the mob, and wind up getting several others who were leaving. First was a big Rescue Me name for Lanza, Jack McGee. I then run down Dakin Matthews, a character actor with recurring roles in countless TV shows. We had Bill Irwin and Colm Meaney already, so we let them go. I needed Michael Potts for The Wire, and Lanza didn’t have David Morse, so we got both of them. Lastly we saw Denzel storm out and leave. We parted ways, and went on home.

Désert

McGee

Matthews

Potts

Morse

Four spots that night, qualifies for a Grand Tour! :bewitching: :score: :bigday:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: A Grand Tour with Lt. Dan (Sinise, Noonan, Anderson, etc.)

Post by WOODMO »

Great stuff! Desert was an excellent random, he was awesome as Jake.
16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times »

Looks like the guy behind you is heartbroken at how his Sinise pic came out. :crying:
41163730651_c0e71229b6_z - Edited.jpg
41163730651_c0e71229b6_z - Edited.jpg (40.17 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

16times wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 7:07 pm Looks like the guy behind you is heartbroken at how his Sinise pic came out. :crying:
41163730651_c0e71229b6_z - Edited.jpg
Well, I noticed that he took ANOTHER photo with Gary inside, so I assume you're spot on! :leo:
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast