April Snow Showers Bonanza (Tracy, Theroux, Mrs. C, Kathie Lee, Double Dare, Broken Lizard, Lennon)

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

April Snow Showers Bonanza (Tracy, Theroux, Mrs. C, Kathie Lee, Double Dare, Broken Lizard, Lennon)

Post by Greg2600 » April 9th, 2018, 7:48 pm

YES, this was all during ONE week in and around NYC!

My first exploit in NYC was to try for Jared Harris, known for Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Sherlock Holmes, Lincoln, and now The Terror on AMC. In my universe, he’s great on The Expanse as Anderson Dawes. But several years ago he played John Lennon in the VH1 mostly fictional Beatles movie “Two of Us,” that I really enjoyed. Anywho, I wanted to get him and Leslie Mann. Well, I arrive, and it’s just me and two others, and Harris does it no problem. Leslie used the garage so no shot on her. To my delight, I’m alerted that Tracy Morgan’s car is parked outside, so several of us wait for him, and I finally get the photo. Tracy does for all, as well as 30 people on the sidewalk!

One other collector mentions in passing that the new horror movie A Quiet Place has an event later in the evening. I actually want to see it, it seems to be close in theme to Signs, The Purge, Cloverfield Lane, etc. As I have Krasinski, know Emily Blunt is wretched, and not going to chase after the film’s kids, I wasn’t that interested. I stopped to get a burrito to eat, and went back to my car. The time I spent was fortuitous, because I checked photos from the event, and see that Jordana Brewster is there. So I decide to give it a shot. I arrive, and there’s shockingly hardly anyone waiting. Then everyone leaves but me, and one pap, which is nuts. I spot Ewen Bremner (Trainspotting, Wonder Woman) walking out, I guess a total venue random, and he does the photo.

The film ends, and people begin pouring out. Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively bust right out of there. I see Jordana with her husband and catch up, but she denies me yet again. Tons of people leaving at once, and somehow Justin Theroux walks right past me. I catch up to him, and tell him how awesome The Leftovers was, and yadda yadda. This was no lie, I frigging loved the show. He was extremely gracious, and did the photo no problem. Great get for me, as I was really annoyed I missed a big event they held last year. It was largely a bust otherwise. I could have gotten Stanley Tucci, but he had too many people around him.

Anyhow, a few of us moved to the next spot. After a bit of a wait, I got a few leaving. One was Brandon Victor Dixon, a highly acclaimed theater actor, but someone who may break out still. Had a cool purple suit on too. Tucci left, and was nice and I got him finally. I remember being aggravated I had no splitter, and in reality, no time, to get him at Wizard Philly a few years ago. Brewster ran out leaving to a car, so another blank from her. Blunt as usual left surrounded by guards. One crazy thing was having Radio Man there and yelling the wrong names at celebrities! One guy looked nothing like Bon Jovi, but there’s :mooched: screaming “Hey Jovi! Bon Bon!”

Last get for me was composer Marco Beltrami, who has done a ton of movies and TV shows in the last 20 years, primarily action and horror. Some of my favorites (music wise) would be The Faculty, Flight of the Phoenix, Blade II, Terminator 3, Joy Ride, Hellboy, 3:10 to Yuma, and honorable mention to one of my favorite short-lived shows, Dellaventura!

Beltrami

Bremner

Dixon

Last month I bought the tickets to a quasi-meet and greet that Books and Greetings were holding with Kathie Lee Gifford. As I’ve said before, my mom loved Lived with Regis and Kathie Lee and later Kelly and what not. The first night was snowed out. On the drive up, I decided to stop at Bookends for the Marion Ross, aka Mrs. Cunningham from Happy Days, book signing. It was at 5PM and Kathie Lee was 5:30PM, about 25 minutes further north.

Arrived at Bookends, where Marion was just greeting the people upstairs. Downstairs had maybe 2 dozen people max, and she made her way down. I thought they would just start the signing, but she wound up doing an impromptu Q&A. Normally this would have been great, but I was hurting for time. Got up there, and I joked to her about how the Bad News Bears guys raved about beating the Happy Days softball team back in the 70’s! She laughed, and claimed, no way! Apparently the Happy Days team was very good, and used to travel together to places like Japan and play for fans. For 89 years old, she looked great, and was so so nice.

Got out of there and started driving, arriving to some ancient place called The Old ’76 House. I went in and headed straight for the bathroom to relieve myself. While I was in there, my mom unknowingly “checked us in,” and they gave me the books. While I paid for them, I honestly think I could have mooched and then gotten a refund. Anyway, Kathie Lee was speaking for awhile, mostly religious stuff that was not my thang. She finished and started making her way through one side of the bar/restaurant. We headed there, and along with a dozen or so other women standing, got photos. The hors d'oeuvres were not that good, and sparse, although Kathie Lee’s wine was really good. And I’m not much of a wine drinker. She got through maybe a 1/3 of the tables, and then heading for the door and left. The people left didn’t seem to care, so maybe they already met her before we got there? With that, we headed for my car, and left.

Marion Ross

Image Image

Kathie Lee

Image Image

Image Image

Now on to the rest of the week! I went to a spot for Sandra Oh, who I loved in Arli$$ with Robert Wuhl. She was totally hilarious. It was brutally windy out, gusts well over 40 mph. I was able to park right there though, and shortly a “master” :master: arrives who I know well. We freeze for a bit, and Sandra arrives but is rushed in. Double Dare host Marc Summers was hosting a live show of some kind nearby, so we waited there a for a bit, before retreating to my car, with it’s heat on. On exit, the spot had a lot of people, but Sandra was very nice and stopped for all.

The two of us then drove to another spot I wasn’t aware of, which featuring Hayley Atwell for instance. Unfortunately, neither she nor her costars exited. Here again we spent time warming in the car, away from the Arctic winds. Some celebs do leave, and we get a few. The only one I wanted was Lela Loren, the beautiful star of Power on Starz. While there I spot Terminator Genisys actor Jason Clarke entering in fact literally as Lela is posing with me, and he does photos. Oprah appeared randomly but ran inside.

I returned to the Marc Summers spot alone, where I parked in front and kept warm. I see Marc exit, but he quickly runs into a bar across the street. I follow him right in, and he’s super nice, signs my 8x10 and takes a photo. I watched Double Dare every night it was on Nickelodeon, so this was a great get for me!

Sandra

Lela

Jason

Marc

I wasn’t intending on coming in for this, since the remaining Broken Lizard’s I needed were doing an appearance. However, I began seeing all of the “Super Troopers” appearing together at fan events, so I investigated. Apparently the film was backed by a fan campaign 3 years ago, and perks included showings of the film. I actually found a Craigslist entry where some guy was selling his tickets, and that’s how I knew! I arrived and see a collector inside that I know well. I buy any old ticket and go into the lobby. We hang for awhile, but some of the cast were doing The Tonight Show, so they were late. As a result, we really couldn’t get much from them going in. They went onstage to talk about the movie for a bit as we listened through the open doors. Then they exited into the lobby with the crowd. It was pretty messy, but we got our DVD’s signed by the people we needed. Eventually some of the cast began doing photos, with the other guys were scattered about. I got the remaining graphs I needed on Beerfest from Steve Lemme and Kevin Heffernan. These two actually tour as a comedy duo, but the nearest they’ve been in 5 years was Philly. I already had Jay Chandrasekhar, Erik Stolhanske, and Paul Soter previously. Lemme had his parents with him, so after a bit, he left. I got the photo as he was walking out. The others were still scattered, so I took it upon myself to ask them if they could join together for group photos. After an eternity, we had all 4 remaining actors, and my friend and I got the group shot.
:hellyeah:

Image Image

Literally in the same neighborhood was the book signing for Julian Lennon, son of John, and one-time pop star. His children’s book was pre-signed, with photos the primary function. I got a wristband, and noticed a film set around the block. After a bit a sleuthing, seemed to have Gina Rodriguez and Brittany Snow on hand. A friend joined me for the Lennon thing, and I tipped him off. We took turns checking on the Julian line, which was slow moving, and the set. He alerted me that Gina just came out, so I hustled out of the store, and was able to get a nice update with her. Brittany left a few minutes later, and was very friendly. Glad to finally lay on her my adoration for the sadistic Would You Rather! She laughed, and goes, it was AWFUL, but in a sick way. We then rush back into the store, where the final row of fans were waiting in line, and got Julian.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

vmars322
Marking Out Amateur

Re: April Snow Showers Bonanza (Tracy, Theroux, Mrs. C, Kathie Lee, Double Dare, Broken Lizard, Lennon)

Post by vmars322 » April 9th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Awesome awesome! Would You Rather is one of my faves lol

Greg2600

Re: April Snow Showers Bonanza (Tracy, Theroux, Mrs. C, Kathie Lee, Double Dare, Broken Lizard, Lennon)

Post by Greg2600 » April 9th, 2018, 8:05 pm

vmars322 wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 8:02 pm
Awesome awesome! Would You Rather is one of my faves lol
I pester Robin Lord Taylor about making a sequel every time I see him, but he finally said he didn't think it would happen. :damn: I actually need to track down Sasha Grey for this movie.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » April 10th, 2018, 8:33 am

Wow great gets

Joresky

Post by Joresky » April 10th, 2018, 11:27 am

Wow nice haul! Many cool names here :rackfest:

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » April 11th, 2018, 7:42 am

Great haul ! I can practically feel the winding cutting through my computer screen in your Sandra Oh shot. :greatscott:
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » April 11th, 2018, 3:34 pm

Damn such a great array of names for a week. I have all the Supertroopers, Tracy Morgan, Julian Lennon, Gina Rodriguez, Kathie Lee Gifford, Marion Ross, Stanley Tucci. Need the rest.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/