Successfull Camp-out in NYC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Successfull Camp-out in NYC

Post by AJLe » April 21st, 2018, 9:46 am

Headed up into NYC for a rare NON horror related street meet attempt - I had seen that Colleen Camp, notably from Clue, Police Academy, and a bunch of other 80's movies, was likely to be in town for an event. She is also one of the last four living cast members from Clue that I still need on my poster, so I definitely wanted to give it a try.

I had only ever been to this venue once before several years ago (and failed), so I got there a couple of hours early to make sure I didn't miss her. She was the biggest name actor at this event, so I was fairly confident that as long as I saw her, there likely wouldn't be any problem getting her.

When time was getting close to her likely arrival, Greg2600 shows up at the venue, making it an ultra-rare time when I'm actually on a street meet with a fellow Marked-Out person. Colleen pulls up just a few minutes after Greg arrives, and is nice enough to take care of the handful of people who were waiting for her. Of course, as luck would have it, even though I tested my camera multiple times while waiting around, I start having issues with it as soon as Collen is there. Luckily, Greg was nice enough to help me out with his own camera, and all turned out well in the end.

With her off my list, I just need Kellye Nakahara (The Cook), Martin Mull (Col. Mustard) and Lee Ving (Mr. Boddy) to complete the living cast.

The attachment CluePosterSm.JPG is no longer available
CluePosterSm.JPG

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: Successfull Camp-out in NYC

Post by AJLe » April 21st, 2018, 9:47 am

ColleenCampGood_Sm.jpg

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 21st, 2018, 9:43 pm

Glad to be of help. At first I did a quadruple take, AJLe, what the hell is he doing out here??? Then figured, ah he must have a Clue piece!

PS: Would love to get Mull and Ving. Lee is a punk rock icon, you'd think Chiller would have booked him by now.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 22nd, 2018, 1:54 pm

Great stuff! I love that poster.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/