Martin Lawrence Lit AF Tour Meet & Greet in NYC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Martin Lawrence Lit AF Tour Meet & Greet in NYC

Post by WOODMO » April 21st, 2018, 8:50 pm

Last night Martin Lawrence and his comedy tour came to town, with the big news for me being that this event featured a meet and greet.

Now I've been a fan of Martin's since I was like 12 years old, watching his sitcom, his movies, and then later on his stand up. I honestly must have seen Big Momma's House at least 10 times as a kid. He isn't easy on the street and frankly not a ton of people even have the guy, so I instantly ponied up the $400 for the ticket. I arrived in Brooklyn and found a NYC photo friend on line waiting to get in, and coincidentally we bought tickets right next to one another.

Once inside I went to the check in table where they gave me the signed poster, though I got two, so one is for sale. I also got briefed on how the meet and greet would go.

My seat was second row, dead center. Now normally I would just leave before the show, but the meet and greet was actually post show, so I had no choice. The show was entertaining enough though. Martin didn't have a real set, as I expected since they clearly called his role "hosting", but he did a brief bit between introducing each act. I was fine with that and it was cool seeing him live.

Once the show was over they instructed us to wait in our seats until we were taken backstage. After about 15 mins we were ushered into an Interview Room in the bowels of the Barclays Center and Martin entered not too long after with a hoard of bodyguards. The rules were no phones were to be out and the photographer would take 3 photos in a row, with flash, and then upload the best one later that night. Martin was friendly and greeted everyone. The photo, true to their word was posted before I got home even. Resolution was 6000x4000 and it was nearly 7mb.

Great time meeting someone I really never expected to get.

Greg2600

Re: Martin Lawrence Lit AF Tour Meet & Greet in NYC

Post by Greg2600 » April 21st, 2018, 9:15 pm

Love Martin, great meet.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » April 21st, 2018, 9:27 pm

Great pic. Easy goin. Cant ask for much more

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » April 22nd, 2018, 2:21 pm

Awesome! I
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » April 22nd, 2018, 3:24 pm

Great shot

Joresky

Post by Joresky » April 23rd, 2018, 9:10 am

Very cool! Congrats :like: .. sounds like it was completely worth it

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » April 24th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Great name to add to the collection! Someone actually brought up your photo this week while I was waiting for someone else hahah.