Uncle Film Fester 2018 Edition

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Uncle Film Fester 2018 Edition

Post by Greg2600 » May 4th, 2018, 1:05 am

Well it’s the annual appearance of the Uncle Film Fester report, Tribeca edition. First day began with an afternoon attempt at Antonio Banderas and Martin Freeman. The spot was God awful though, and I couldn’t get near either of them. To make matters worse, I forgot to charge my camera in about a week, and it was dead! :distraught: Unfortunately, I was now stuck with my dumb cellphone’s cameras. I had to drop a book off to my friend anyway, so I did that and waited at the spot for Noomi Rapace. I really enjoyed her in Prometheus and Rupture, so this was a big want. She arrived and thankfully took care of everyone, sporting orange hair and matching jacket and pants, too! I went with selfie mode, and thankfully it came out pretty well. We waited quite some time, but Martin Freeman arrived, and also took care of us. This time it was dark, so my friend took it for me with my phone and flash. Another want of mine was Jacqueline Bisset, from The Deep, but she was mobbed in and leaving. I had to go to a second spot for her, and there I was able to get a decent phone shot in the dark.

Noomi

Martin

Jacqueline

The Westworld cast appeared also on that day, but I heard it was horrible, and they did very little. The following day, I tried a spot for them, but it was dead, and found out later they were probably gone. I moved on to an event for a few older gals, Dale Dickey from True Blood and Winter’s Bone, and Colleen Camp from Clue and Die Hard with a Vengeance. We spot Dale walking up, and she’s super sweet and funny. Then I did a triple take! It’s AJLe from Marked Out! He’s there for Colleen, and we all get her.

Dale

Colleen

I bid AJ so long and ran to the other spot down the street. My main want here was William Fichtner, from Prison Break and Go and so much else. Jeffrey Wright arrives and racks, but Fichtner is late, and does almost nothing. This is pretty lousy. However, someone notices Boyd Holbrook from Logan standing there, and he racks, despite technically being as “late” as William.

Boyd

I needed to leave immediately though, so I could make it downtown for director of The French Connection, William Friedkin. I mooch my way in with a few graphers, and Friedkin stops in the lobby for a hoard of people. He signs first for all, and I get a color 8x10 from the film signed, where he’s directing Hackman and Scheider. Then he does photos and I jump in for a selfie. This was the 2nd of three nights for him, and he wound up denying everyone on the 3rd.

Friedkin

So then I hop in the car, and drive back up to the other spot, and wait for Fichtner to leave. He does, but gets swarmed pretty bad. Somehow I get a photo though, so mission accomplished! I didn’t want to be out this late, but since I was still there, I decided to wait out the last one there. It featured Dan Harmon, creator of Rick and Morty, who I didn’t care about. I did however want a photo with Sam Huntington from Not Another Teen Movie and Fanboys. He did the photo no problem, although I should have better prepared and had my DVD with me! We spot Kate Micucci as well, and get photos with her. I applauded her work in the Scoobynatural episode of Supernatural.

Fichtner

Huntington

Micucci

Another random name I spotted, following the Hayley Orrantia show, was Inbar Lavi, from the Prison Break return series. She was very nice, although the photo came out kind of soft.

Lavi

What is essentially day three begins with a quest for Dr. Quinn, Jane Seymour. She was also the Bond girl Solitaire in Live and Let Die. Jane arrives and we all go for her, and she takes care of all. This is a huge relief, as she was one of my main wants for the festival. Waiting around, someone spots an actor, and we all pounce. Looked him up, turns out to be Evan Jonigkeit who played Toad in the newer X-Men films.

Jane

Evan

Moved down the street, which was overcrowded with women looking for Jamie Dornan, who wasn’t even coming. In the mess, I somehow got my main want, Scott Caan from the Ocean’s 11 series! Billy Crystal was there, but snuck out.

Scott

Final day (I swear), and I’m in late afternoon again, believe it or not, looking for wife of Kevin Smith, Jennifer Schwalbach, who starred in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. The Smith clan arrives, and Jen is super easy to get. Molly Ringwald is there, and does next to nothing. I spot Steve Buscemi from afar and head over, and FINALLY he signs my Lebowski piece, before any of the graphers can see him.

Jen

Big Leboswki

I milled around and on the way out, spotted Kerris Dorsey, aka Bridget Donovan on Ray Donovan, and get the easy photo. Also spot Karyn Parsons from The Fresh Prince, who I never got at a con, and score the selfie.

Kerris

Parsons

Later on, with help from billysparrow, I get Cobra Kai cast members Xolo Mariduena and Taylor Buchanan, but missed Mary Mouser in the rain. Believe it or not, Macchio and Zabka were absolutely mobbed by fans here!

Xolo

Taylor
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Uncle Film Fester 2018 Edition

Post by WOODMO » May 4th, 2018, 6:52 am

Some excellent scores!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » May 4th, 2018, 10:51 am

Lots of great scores.. congrats

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » May 4th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Wow lots of names I need here. Have Jacqueline Bisset, William Friedkin, Jane Seymour, Steve Buscemi, and Karyn Parsons. The rest I don't have.

Surprising I still don't have Martin Freeman.

You also forget to mention the most famous movie of William Friedkin: The Exorcist
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 4th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Famous or not, I don't like The Exorcist. I loved The French Connection, which is why I went. I don't go for people I don't like.

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » May 4th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Great stuff, Greg!

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » May 4th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Greg, you actually like each and every celeb you get a photo with? I never heard of many of them. still curious how you have the energy and time to watch the shows/movies or listen to the music AND get the photos as every time i blink, you got more and more reports. :) I always enjoy reading them but sometimes wonder why you even bother with some of these people? I only hope you are watching the Cobra Kai show which is amazing! Otherwise, why would you want photos with the kids from the show? Zabka and Macchio you must have by now as they've been at so many shows over the past few years?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 4th, 2018, 3:23 pm

mikeyicon wrote:
May 4th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Greg, you actually like each and every celeb you get a photo with? I never heard of many of them. still curious how you have the energy and time to watch the shows/movies or listen to the music AND get the photos as every time i blink, you got more and more reports. :) I always enjoy reading them but sometimes wonder why you even bother with some of these people? I only hope you are watching the Cobra Kai show which is amazing! Otherwise, why would you want photos with the kids from the show? Zabka and Macchio you must have by now as they've been at so many shows over the past few years?
No, there has to be someone I actually want/like to get me there. If I'm at a spot, and there are valid names, and they're not being mobbed, I will ask them. As for what I like, 85% of that is 10, 20, 30 years old films and series. Cobra Kai I want to see, but like shows on Amazon, Hulu, CBS All Access, I'm not paying additional subscriptions. So no clue when I actually will, but would have to be a "buccaneer." Beyond that, I binge shows pretty fast. But I almost never hit movie theaters, and honestly, most of today's films suck.