WOODMO's "Big NYC Week" Lasts 1 Day

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: WOODMO's "Big NYC Week" Lasts 1 Day

Post by crowbar » June 1st, 2018, 1:34 pm

WOODMO wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:29 pm
class316 wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm
WOODMO wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 2:10 pm
I drove in a bit later than some years, reached my usual block in Queens and see spots for days. I figure well, great for me, the day is off to a good start. I park for free, walk to the subway, and discover a sign saying service at this station is suspended. Of course, too good to be true! I then go back to my car, book a garage in Manhattan for $25 and cross the free bridge. I made good time across town and park, and proceed to walk to the spot which was on the same block as my garage.
You paid $25 to park on a day when parking in the city is plentiful. Rookie!
On a day with torrential rain I will pay $25 every day of the week to park on the same block I have to be on. Last year I actually drove around for 30 mins trying to find parking and I saw nothing, so I regret nothing.
Isn't parking a pain in the ass during the day on a weekday????

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 1st, 2018, 1:36 pm

crowbar wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:34 pm

Not if you sleep in the spot the night before!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 1st, 2018, 1:37 pm

crowbar wrote:
WOODMO wrote:
class316 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:
I drove in a bit later than some years, reached my usual block in Queens and see spots for days. I figure well, great for me, the day is off to a good start. I park for free, walk to the subway, and discover a sign saying service at this station is suspended. Of course, too good to be true! I then go back to my car, book a garage in Manhattan for $25 and cross the free bridge. I made good time across town and park, and proceed to walk to the spot which was on the same block as my garage.
On a day with torrential rain I will pay $25 every day of the week to park on the same block I have to be on. Last year I actually drove around for 30 mins trying to find parking and I saw nothing, so I regret nothing.
This was a Sunday so he has a bit of a point, but last year I literally drove all the way to 11th avenue and found only one spot that I couldn't even fit my SUV into! After that I said never again midday.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 1st, 2018, 1:42 pm

Class really needs to bump 3 week old reports??

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » June 1st, 2018, 1:43 pm

WOODMO wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:37 pm
crowbar wrote:
WOODMO wrote:
class316 wrote:
WOODMO wrote:
This was a Sunday so he has a bit of a point, but last year I literally drove all the way to 11th avenue and found only one spot that I couldn't even fit my SUV into! After that I said never again midday.
Oh ok, yes, Sunday is the best day for parking... I just was curious to see if there's some weekday parking secret I didn't know about...

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 1st, 2018, 1:44 pm

WOODMO wrote:
That same day I parked free not once but twice. When I first got into the city for Tom Hulce I parked legally for free literally in front of the theater. Then after getting him and I moved my car and found a free spot like 4 or 5 blocks away. Didn't spent anywhere close to 30 minutes looking.

I prefer to keep my $25 but I guess to each his own. The entire week I literally spent 10% of that amount on parking (that's $2.50 in a span of 6 days for those that are mathematically challenged)
crowbar wrote:
Yes. Hence why if I need to park during the week I always arrive the night before to commandeer my free spot.
lanza218 wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:42 pm
Class really needs to bump 3 week old reports??
Haven't had time and been behind. So I'm playing catch up on report reading.
Last edited by class316 on June 1st, 2018, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » June 1st, 2018, 1:46 pm

class316 wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:44 pm
That same day I parked free not once but twice. When I first got into the city for Tom Hulce I parked legally for free literally in front of the theater. Then after getting him and I moved my car and found a free spot like 4 or 5 blocks away. Didn't spent anywhere close to 30 minutes looking.

I prefer to keep my $25 but I guess to each his own. The entire week I literally spent 10% of that amount on parking (that's $2.50 for those that are mathematically challenged)
Okay. Should we add Best Parker to the Award docket?

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 1st, 2018, 1:48 pm

WOODMO wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 1:46 pm
Okay. Should we add Best Parker to the Award docket?
YES :clap:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » June 1st, 2018, 2:32 pm

What are u doing for 3 weeks where u cant read?