Wizard World Philly 2018 - A TR Production

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Wizard World Philly 2018 - A TR Production

Post by MrTonyRuben » May 20th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Philly’s Wizard World just seems to get easier for me. This most likely can be contributed to less big names than years passed and that they tend to book repeat guests...still, the line up was good for me because of my fandom for Game Of Thrones. Having previously gotten Jason Momoa a couple years ago, Natalie Dormer and Sean Bean were my main targets for the day.

I arrived at convention center just before 9, got in easily and lined up in Natalie Dormer’s line. I normally would have brought my own item to get signed, but I couldn’t find anything that I liked. The bummer about this was is that they only provided one generic headshot and nothing related to any of her roles. Also I grabbed the wrong paint pens, so the signature looks faded. Rookie mistake...nonetheless, Natalie was very delightful. Chatted with her about a bit about the show and her new movie. Got my signature and headed on down to the photo ops area.

This year they had 3 different booths, but one was in a separate area, which seemed odd. Line management seemed fine to me though...had no issues like previous years. First photo was with Sean Bean. Line moved smoothly; I greeted and thanked Sean, took the pic and I was off back to the autograph area.

I went to go into Jewel Staite’s line. I had previously met her at one of my first conventions, but I had received a Firefly related gift from a friend and I thought it would be a good thing to get signed. Jewel was still awesome and incredibly sweet as I remembered. We chatted for a bit; mostly about my Firefly inspired tattoo and the first convention. Afterwards, she offered to take a pic, which I thought was pretty cool of her. We took a pic and she thanked me for coming to see her.

ImageImage

After I left the line, I bumped into Joresky. We shot the shit for a few and we made our way up to the main entrance. Up there was everyone’s favorite houseguest, Kato Kaelin! I figured what the hell and went up to him and asked for a photo. He obliged. He really seems to enjoy being the MC to their shows. Took a photo for Joresky as well.

Following this, I made my way to the designated area where all the former wrestlers were. The one’s that I went for were Bubba Ray Dudley (or Bully Ray), Velvet Sky & Kelly Kelly. Got combos with each of them; Velvet Sky was the most engaging of the three, but I have nothing bad to say about any of them. Once I got all three, I took a break since I only had 2 pro ops left for the day.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

My next pro op was with Elijah Wood. I’m the odd person who doesn’t like Lord of the Rings, but I like most of his other movies. Again, the line moved smoothly. Elijah was nice, took my pic and waited for my last one.

Last one of the day was the pro op for Natalie Dormer. This was in the aforementioned other spot for photo ops. There were no lane markings; they just lined people up in rows. Still miraculously it moved smoothly. Natalie was still delightful several hours later and thanked me again for showing up. Pic was taken and I was thankfully done.

I made my way to my hotel room and proceeded to crash hard...not used to being awake during the day to my work shift. All in all, I got everything I wanted done and can’t complain about a thing. I know people ended up getting screwed who arrived later than I did or anyone that was trying to get Sebastian Stan. Anywho, hope you all enjoy this...I’ll see you all next time for my 2 potential reports to have in the summer.

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Wizard World Philly 2018 - A TR Production

Post by lanza218 » May 22nd, 2018, 9:40 am

Good stuff all around dude. Love the Arrow sig

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 22nd, 2018, 7:38 pm

That autograph looks great and everything else came out excellent.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 22nd, 2018, 7:41 pm

Good gets/report Tony. Jewel remains one of my favorites. When I hit NYCC for the first time in 2011, I had hours to pass, so I walked by her table. Wound up chatting for awhile as she didn't have much of a line, which was very nice.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » May 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am

Another fun read. Great job Tony.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » May 23rd, 2018, 11:02 am

Great stuff, man!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » May 23rd, 2018, 5:08 pm

Thanks everyone!

AndrewS23
Marking Out Amateur

Post by AndrewS23 » May 23rd, 2018, 10:41 pm

Cool. I like your Sean Bean photo.

Joresky