Steven's Week of Weeks - Days 1 and 2

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Steven's Week of Weeks - Days 1 and 2

Post by Btvsp3 » May 22nd, 2018, 11:58 pm

I know this week is an easy rack fest with the amount of people in town. My goal is, as always, grab whoever I can whether I know who they are or not. If I don't know them I'll google them later and many times I'm pliantly surprised that I do, in fact, know them. I also gladly take duplicates. Especially if I'm a genuine fan of theirs. My main wants for this day were the cast of The Orville. Almost all of which denied me.

So my first day starts at a spot I did well at 2 years ago, but after changing the lay out last year I left with no one. Unfortunately they kept the same lay out leaving me empty handed. At this point I head to my next location early to make sure I get a good spot. At this point I run into :greg: and :joresky: . After being moved around by security and police a couple times we all end up back where we started and the people start showing up. The sun was a bitch with lighting for awhile there so I had to work on some color correcting.

My first get is someone I tried for the last 2 years and failed. Chef Gordon Ramsey from Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, MasterChef, and basically every cooking show on Fox. Next up is Taraji P Henson who also has never stopped for me in the past. But she got engaged the night before so she stopped for everyone just to show off her ring. She was in an exceptionally good mood. She was a major want of mine from Person of Interest. Next person to come around was former soccer player and sports commentator Alexi Lalas.

Next was a huge want of mine and a total surprise that she was there! Jennifer Love Hewitt of I Know What You Did Last Summer, Can't Hardly Wait, and Ghost Whisperer! The lighting on this one was too bad to fix and her face is mostly blank white space unfortunately. Next I grabbed a pic with Leslie Jordan who I love from Will and Grace and an old show called Hidden Palms. Then got a pic with Vicki Lawrence from the Carol Burnett Show and Mama's Family.

The next name to come around the bend was Jussie Smollett from Empire. I got him last year, but gladly got an update. Then grabbed a pic with a name I wasn't familiar with, Rockmond Dunbar, from Prison Break and 9-1-1. Up next was LilRel Howery who I loved in the cancelled too soon The Carmichael Show followed by Mark-Paul Gosselaar who I again already had, but got the update.

You hear this a lot but celebs love to use the "I'll come back" line. Rarely ever do they actually come back though. Emily Van Camp and Matt Czuchry used this line earlier in the day and I quickly wrote it off. But, much to my surprise they did come back and took care of almost everyone! I'm a huge fan of Emily's from Revenge, Brothers and Sisters, and Everwood so she was a major want of mine! Matt I had from last year, but gladly got the update since I'm a big fan from Gilmore Girls and The Good Wife. Then grabbed a pic with Bruce Greenwood from Star Trek and The Resident.

Next grabbed pics with some cast members of The Gifted. Some are repeats, others I failed to secure pics with last year. Jamie Chung, Blair Redford, Emma Dumont, Sean Teale, Coby Bell, and Amy Acker, who I also added to my Angel poster.

Then got my only Orville name of the week, Penny Johnson Jerald, who I also loved in 24. Then scored an awful pic with Sinbad. Then another major want of mine, Seann William Scott from American Pie and Dude Where's My Car. I had a major crush on him growing up, so this was an awesome get for me. My finale 2 names for the day were Cory Michael Smith and Robin Lord Taylor, both of whom I already had, but grabbed the updates.

The next day was a lot of me standing around as i realized everyone had already left for the day. My only gets this day were Mandy Moore, who I got last but love her on This is Us and Robert Davi from an old show I enjoyed called Profiler. He was also in Goonies and Die Hard.

Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Steven's Week of Weeks - Days 1 and 2

Post by ICW » May 23rd, 2018, 11:12 am

Pretty damn impressive!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 23rd, 2018, 12:07 pm

Great gets that day, and glad I wasn't photobombing EVERY one of your shots!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 23rd, 2018, 12:18 pm

A damn good two days. Mandy is the last one from This Is Us I need and I didn't end up seeing her the day I went out, not that I would've expected her to do it then anyhow.

Scott Grimes from The Orville wouldn't do it or you didn't see him?

Joresky

Post by Joresky » May 23rd, 2018, 12:26 pm

Awesome haul Steve.. great seeing you in NYC

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » May 23rd, 2018, 12:37 pm

WOODMO wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 12:18 pm
A damn good two days. Mandy is the last one from This Is Us I need and I didn't end up seeing her the day I went out, not that I would've expected her to do it then anyhow.

Scott Grimes from The Orville wouldn't do it or you didn't see him?
He and Adrienne waved as they rode away together. I didn’t get a chance to see them again. I spent the next day staking them out just to find out they caught an early flight back and left. So Penny is the only one I got, but she did sign my Orville poster, I just haven’t had a chance to take a picture of that to post.

Greg, lol it’s no problem I photobombed Jeremiah a few times.

Still have to post my Wednesday and Thursday pics and my pics from this past weekend. :holy:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 23rd, 2018, 12:39 pm

Ah ok. I got Adrienne during NYCC week and she was nice, but I've heard she isn't always super enthusiastic so I guess I am not shocked she didn't jump off the cart lol

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » May 23rd, 2018, 12:43 pm

WOODMO wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 12:39 pm
Ah ok. I got Adrienne during NYCC week and she was nice, but I've heard she isn't always super enthusiastic so I guess I am not shocked she didn't jump off the cart lol
Yeah I’m hoping they do Comic Con again this year so I can get them. Seth has shut me down every time.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 23rd, 2018, 1:08 pm

The Orville cast is always tough due to Seth. He doesn't stay in town long, and often they've flown on his plane. I never got Peter Macon from that show, but I've heard he's not friendly. Seth DID do photos this year away from the crowds, though he's denied me a few times in exactly those conditions.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 1st, 2018, 12:59 pm

Btvsp3 wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 11:58 pm
I know this week is an easy rack fest with the amount of people in town. My goal is, as always, grab whoever I can whether I know who they are or not. If I don't know them I'll google them later and many times I'm pliantly surprised that I do,
Exactly how I see it yet people mock me for my practice.

Great haul and good to formally meet you during the Festivities of Television
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » June 2nd, 2018, 2:49 am

class316 wrote:
June 1st, 2018, 12:59 pm
Btvsp3 wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 11:58 pm
I know this week is an easy rack fest with the amount of people in town. My goal is, as always, grab whoever I can whether I know who they are or not. If I don't know them I'll google them later and many times I'm pleasantly surprised that I do,
Exactly how I see it yet people mock me for my practice.

Great haul and good to formally meet you during the Festivities of Television
Yeah I’ve gotten mocked for it too. :shrug:

It was nice to formally meet you as well.