Ending NYC Crazy week in a Strange way.

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Ending NYC Crazy week in a Strange way.

Post by Raza01 » May 25th, 2018, 12:58 pm

I ventured out into the city hoping to get a few missing cast members from shows I watch. I got to the spot around 8 and barricades were already in place, with fans waiting. With them having several barricades and on different sides, I decided to just choose one and get in, luckily on the corner. We see everyone leaving for the event, and barely anyone stopped, Cole Sprouce did. I had a good photo with him from last year, so I didnt need another one, however I did have two Jughead Jones Funko Pop!s to get signed by him. KJ Apa did look over and tell fans that he would stop on the way back but wouldnt sign. I have a photo with him already as well, so didnt care. Fans spotted Christine from Black Lightning coming out and asked if she could stop on the way out....she said "Why can't I stop now" and took photos and signed for everyone. That way basically it for ppl heading to the event. Decided to kill some time and hang out while waiting for everyone to return. It began to drizzle a bit and luckily I had a large umbrella...which came in handy. I did see DJ, Class, Joresky, and Greg out and about, among others..

First one back was Camila from Riverdale, she smiled and waved at fans but didnt stop. I didnt care as I had her as well. Next up were KJ, Cole, Lily. KJ ignored everyone and walked in. (I understand not wanting to stop, but dude is an dick after promising fans that he'd take care of photos he ignores them all, why stop and promise fans in the first place, he should've continued walking). Cole and Lily come out and think they stop for a few ppl, again I didnt need them again. Next one up was Charles Melton, who plays Reggie in Riverdale. I ask him and he comes over and stops for me and a few others, but doesnt know how to properly position himself in a selfie (seen a few other photos, similar positions).

Next up is Danielle Rose Russell. She was a main want for the day, as I've watched the VD and am an even bigger fan of The Originals, in which she plays Hope Mikaelson. I was first to ask and she also did it for me and a few others... heard she wasnt being that friendly overall, but that was shocking because she came straight over when I asked.

Jeanine Mason was next. I was working for the production company when her last show 'Of Kings and Prophets' was on. I really enjoyed the series, as I got to watch it complete, so wanted a photo with her. She also came over for me but didnt see her stop for many ppl, she was avoiding it.

Next up was Cody Christian. Some girl next to me wanted it so we called him over, after doing it for her, I figured Id ask.

Casey Colt from Riverdale came back next. He is my least favorite character from the show, but a character in the show I watch nonetheless. He was being an ass to ppl (even last year). I ask and he look and says "only because you have an umbrella", mind you its drizzling right now. I get the photo and maybe he did 2-3 more on my side before leaving. A ton of ppl left between this. Jensen Ackles, who didnt stop for anyone (a friend got him through video), and Jared, who did a few photos while moving about. You also had other cast members who didnt stop or didnt get recognized.

Next up was Perry Mattfeld. I recognized her as she was on Shameless this year. It took me a few seconds to call her name but she was past me already. Since I was the only one who recognized her, she came back to do the photo with me. People started asking after I got mine, but she did mine and walked away.

The cast of Black Lightning, Arrow, Matt Davis and a few others left. Some stopped, many didnt. I was waiting on the new Charmed girls, the trailer looks awful and seems like theyve dumbed it down for teens. I got Sara the day before, and Melonie snuck in. My main want from the three was Madeline Mantock, who I liked in Tomorrow People and in Into the Badlands. She came out and I was the only one to recognize on my end.

Misha Collins, Castiel from Supernatural was last one back. I had a photo before but it wasnt good, so figured Id take the updated shot.

I hung around for it a bit afterwards, hoping to get Melonie and Nathan from Originals fame, but didnt see either. I saw Cole Sprouce, Casey, Misha, Cress and few others walking around, but didnt ask.

About an hour later I decided to test my luck and go to a spot for Doctor Strange, aka Benedict Cumberbatch. The spot is well-known and normally shitty. I got there and there are like 10-15 ppl waiting behind barricades. I got in a spot and saved some space for a friend. About 15 minutes after my friend arrives, the cars pulled up and Benedict came out. My friend had a gigantic poster he wanted to get signed so we waved that and he walked right toward us to sign. He continued signing for a few ppl while I constantly asked for the photo with. He agreed but continues signing. Being a major Marvel name, I kept asking making sure he doesnt skip me and he came right back to me, does the photo, and goes to the other side to sign again. (I had it on video mode, in which you could see the chaos).

We eventually were able to call him back so my friend could get a photo. But overall probably did like 5-8 photos and signed 15-20, thats a guess. as I was focused on getting our stuff done.

Overall it paid off, as I was considering not coming back to the city that day. Was able to get a few tv ppl I needed and get a major want from my list.
Last edited by Raza01 on May 25th, 2018, 6:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Ending NYC Crazy week in a Strange way.

Post by WOODMO » May 25th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Awesom stuff dude but the photos aren’t working. I’ll message you and try to figure it out.

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » May 25th, 2018, 4:56 pm

WOODMO wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 4:33 pm
Awesom stuff dude but the photos aren’t working. I’ll message you and try to figure it out.
Thats weird. Theyre showing up on my end. Yeah, let me know what to change around

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » May 25th, 2018, 5:02 pm

WOODMO wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 4:33 pm
Fixed with links instead. How would I go back to directly displaying the photos instead of links? Thanks

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 25th, 2018, 5:15 pm

I think you posted the photos correctly, but they are not set to public privacy.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » May 25th, 2018, 5:54 pm

Photos now work. Thanks for posting bro

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » May 25th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Good stuff there Raza. One of the few nice shots with Misha. I was hoping to catch Perry myself, but didn't see her that night.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » May 26th, 2018, 4:34 am

WOODMO wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 5:54 pm
Photos now work. Thanks for posting bro
thanks for assist

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » May 26th, 2018, 4:36 am

Greg2600 wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 6:32 pm
Good stuff there Raza. One of the few nice shots with Misha. I was hoping to catch Perry myself, but didn't see her that night.
thanks man! I didnt see Perry the day before or the time after I got her. One of the few that didnt walk around I suppose.

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » May 26th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Superb stuff

Raza01
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Raza01 » May 30th, 2018, 12:51 am

lanza218 wrote:
May 26th, 2018, 8:54 pm
Superb stuff

thanks dude!

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 1st, 2018, 2:02 pm

You didn't post your valid shot with Strange.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/