Here's the everything else I did in May MEGA Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Here's the everything else I did in May MEGA Report

Post by Greg2600 » May 31st, 2018, 1:57 pm

Prior to TV week, I made a brief jaunt for film star Annette Bening from The Great Outdoors, Regarding Henry, and American Beauty. She’s a bit difficult, but I was hoping this would be a quiet spot. Well, just my luck but there was news she was cast in another stupid Marvel movie, resulting in more people waiting for her. In any event, she got there finally, and despite looking quite perturbed, stood ground and did photos and then signed a poster. After gabbing with other collectors a bit, I realized I could wait for Tom Hollander from Pirates of the Caribbean films, and did so. He was very nice, though did a goofy “oh no” thing with his hands.

Bening

Hollander

Following TV week, I tried a spot for Upgrade film director Leigh Whannel , also of Saw fame, and actor Logan Marshall-Green of Prometheus fame. They blanked way in, but promised way out. This kind of screwed me on the next spot I was doing, timing wise. Emily Bett Rickards arrived via Uber and blanked. Way out, they did quite a bit, and I got photos plus Logan signed my Bluray. I then hopped on the subway, but was annoyed to find out I had missed the departure of the Arrested Development cast (needed Arnett) by mere minutes. I know though that Johnny Knoxville and Chris Hardwick were inside so I waited. Knoxville left and racked, which is surprising as he is not always that easy. Never saw Chris, I swear the man doesn’t exist! Also saw the cast of Solo, who did nothing going in. With that I left for the day.

Leigh

Logan

Knox

Tried another spot for Will Arnett, and this time I was successful! After which we waited a bit and saw Danica Patrick (had her) leave, so we split. Went back to the madhouse, hoping to get Dominic Monaghan, aka Charlie from LOST. When he was last in NYC a few years ago, he was super nice. Unfortunately the rain started up, but it wasn’t too bad when he arrived. The greeter here though screwed us all, and made him go in. In the interim I got photos with stage actor Alex Sharp and Ashley Greene of Twilight. I told her that I used to see her every day at work, as they hired her for an ad campaign, and put the photos everywhere.

Arnett

Sharp

Greene

When Dom exited, the rain picked up, but he still took care of everyone. I got my LOST cast piece signed and the photo. Charlie was a fairly critical character on that show. I decided to stick around for the cast of the new HBO series Succession. I had Alan Ruck and Brian Cox already, but needed Matthew MacFayden and Kieran Culkin. They couldn’t stop way in due to the rain, but on the way out, their stupid publicist told them they were late to the next appearance. So I RAN and asked Kieran, who said “they told us we’re late, take it while we walk.” I did, and despite a guard bomb, came out very funny. He kind of made the Fuller face from Home Alone! Brian left last, and stopped for everyone. I didn’t need him again but I let him know how much I enjoyed his Churchill movie, and said it was the best Winston portrayal. He laughed and said, “tell that to Gary Oldman!” As the rain continued, I left town.

Monaghan

LOST

Culkin

I was kind of ticked I didn’t do the Drew Barrymore thing, as I would have shown up early, and she signed merch for the early birds. Instead I tried a spot for Anne Hathaway but she was late so I left. I went to another where I was hoping to see Ajay Naidu, aka Samir in Office Space. I was also praying I wasn’t too late. While I waited, I saw a cavalcade of NY-based actors of fairly good quality arrive, but I literally had photos with all but one or two of them. Saw Sarah Jessica Parker, Ethan Hawke, Amy Madigan, Josh Charles, Paul Dano and his wife, Greta Gerwig, Billy Crudup, Heather Burns, Peter Saarsgard, Siena Miller, Callie Thorne, Mark Ruffalo, and Lilly Taylor. Now I did get a no shades with Miller, Callie and Lilly both zipped by me before I could stop them. Finally to my GREAT satisfaction Ajay walked up, I lavished high praise, and he was stunned I wanted him amidst the bigger names. Signed and posed for the photo! While I was going to leave, a small group walks up. One person was Michael Rispoli, who I have a photo with already. The other was Chris Coy, who’s been on my TV shows, but for me he was terrific as the Neo-Nazi Calvin Bunker on Banshee. Before they all entered, I stopped Chris, who was really genuinely appreciative that I recognized his work on that show. He was really good, like scary good.

Ajay

Office Space

Sienna

Coy

I moved on to another spot which I offered to many friends, but nobody would join me! I was hoping to get Joan Allen, great actress, as well as Kyle MacLachlan, who I’ve seen about 5 times but never approach him. He’s just not done anything I’ve watched, but I had a few friends who are Dune fans so I brought a few 8x10’s to be signed. Finally the audience let out, and then the actors left. Sonia Manzano was there with fellow Sesame alum Allison Bartlet, but I had them, and nobody else approached. In fact, Joan left and only I stopped her for the photo. Angel Desai left, and I got a photo, as she’s a smaller name on Jessica Jones. Finally out came Kyle, and 3 or 4 people had him sign their programs. Then I moved in, and had him sign the photos, and got a selfie. He’s always one of the most generous actors to fans there is.

Joan

Kyle

Dune

Angel

I returned for the way out to the other spot, but it was mainly stragglers, so I moved on to a set for Keanu Reeves. The guys I know got him, but I declined an updated photo. The other actors I wanted did not appear, so I called it a night.

I wasn’t intending on doing anything else to close the week, as I was getting ready for an annual bike ride I do with some rugby nuts the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. My buddy texted me that Charlie Schlatter from Diagnosis Murder and 18 Again was once again appearing in his hometown of Fairlawn, NJ. I missed him back in a couple months ago. I told him I was at my uncle’s house working on my bike, so I might not make it. Eventually, like magic, we got my front derailer working enough so I could ride the thing. I hurriedly stuck my bike in my cargo section of the SUV, and drove off. I made it in time, as the event wasn’t over yet. We peaked in, and saw a big crowd in the lobby. Then we see Charlie, and the actors my friend wanted, Timothy Busfield and his wife Melissa Gilbert, both of whom I met already. He preferred to mooch in, as not to have to wait all night for them to leave, so we did. Got his photo with Tim, then waited for Charlie to have a moment, and I got him. Then he wanted a couple shot with Tim and Melissa, so we each did one of those!

Charlie

Tim and Melissa
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Re: Here's the everything else I did in May MEGA Report

Post by djknightrida » May 31st, 2018, 5:59 pm

Epic. Glad my Leigh plans panned out so I didn’t have to come in for that mess.

Would love Dominic but the Belz trumped all.

Someday I’ll finally get Kyle too.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Joresky

Post by Joresky » June 1st, 2018, 9:03 am

Awesome haul.. a few I need here including Dominic Monaghan, Ajay Naidu, Logan Marshall-Green and Leigh Whannel

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » June 1st, 2018, 9:34 am

Nice, just saw Upgrade (Leigh Whannel and Logan Marshall Green) and it was really great. Good scores

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » June 1st, 2018, 2:22 pm

Damn amazing haul!
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/