June NYC: Mantegna, Mira, Jenny, Pam, Sugar Ray, Krakowski, and More

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600
Site Admin

June NYC: Mantegna, Mira, Jenny, Pam, Sugar Ray, Krakowski, and More

Post by Greg2600 »

I absolutely wanted the photo with actress Jean Smart, from Designing Women, Brady Bunch Movie, and of course Legion. She is really terrific on the series. I arrived, and it was maybe 4 or 5 of us waiting. She did some publicity photos outside, and then we all got her. A Master and another friend and myself then traveled uptown for the Parsons/Bomer/Quinto spot, although the night before (I couldn’t ) had much better attendees. I spotted Natasha Gregson Wagner, who I knew from High Fidelity, The 4400, and that horrible Bon Jovi Vampires movie. She’s also the daughter of the late Natalie Wood. Anyway, she was very nice. We also spotted Harvey Kietel and his pal Deniro, but I have them so I didn’t bother. Harvey did it, Bob did not. After this I went home, although turns out Rosanna Arquette was already inside, and they got her leaving. Deniro denied leaving as well.

Jean

Natasha

On another outing, despite playing three softball games, I decided to make a last minute go at cast members of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Never saw it, but Jane Krakowski (Vacation, 30 Rock) and Carol Kane (Taxi, The Princess Bride, Scrooged, Gotham) were listed so those were my main goals. Despite being rushed in, I was able to get both of them as well as the main star Ellie Kemper, who can be iffy. Tina Fey did a few in a rush, but I was in a bad spot in the crowd. Then I got her 1 on 1 and she whizzed by, and I’m still 0 for the century with her. I decided not to bother with the way out, as she probably had to rush to an awards show that night, and I’m not fond of the collectors on hand, who I’ve taken to refer to as dumb termites.

Jane

Kane

Kemper

My next (kind of) rare want coming to town was Criminal Minds, Godfather 3, Airheads, etc., star Joe Mantegna. He shows up in Washington all the time, but not in New York. I have gotten his autograph TTM in the past, so I just wanted the photo now. This would prove to be far harder than I thought. I arrived to the first spot, where Joe and Criminal Minds co-star Kirsten Vangsness did it going in, but on the way out, they snuck. I screwed up while searching social media for where they went next, and instead settled for a crowded spot. Joe bolted in, and leaving, also rushed. In fact, these two rushed everywhere, it was insane. Had they just taken their time at one or two spots, they would have satisfied 95% of the people looking for them, and not been bothered. Anyway, this forced me to go to another madhouse. Here again, they rush in, Joe complaining he’ll be there all day if he stops. Thankfully, leaving, he relents and goes down the line, though he complains he’s got to hurry. While there, stage actor Chuk Iwuji was there, so I got a photo. After that, I made the journey home.

Iwuji

Joe

Old TTM Joe

Back it at the next day, humorously going for Alicia Silverstone (knew she wouldn’t do squat). Got in early, so I went to check out another Mantegna appearance for an upgrade. Yet again he was in a rush, and the photo was a blurry fail. While I was there, I spotted Ocean’s 8 and Neighbors 2 star Awkwafina aka Nora Lum, and she does the photo quite easily. From here, a few of us moved to another spot, that supposedly Mantegna was at, but I was mainly killing time. Amazingly, we spot boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard leaving, and all get quick photos! Sugar Ray was one of the middleweight warriors I loved watching as a kid, along with Tommy Hearns and Marvin Haggler.

Blurry Joe

Awkwafina

Sugar Ray

Moved to the Silverstone spot, where she did nothing entering. Unfortunately, I missed Mira Sorvino going in though. Mira is a great actress, who I loved in Romy and Michelle, Mimic, and The Replacement Killers. We waited for the way out, where Alicia did zip again. However, I did finally get the infamous Jenny McCarthy from MTV’s Singled Out! Another get if there name was English pop singer Calum Scott, who was very friendly, though I have no clue who this guy was. After a while Mira left and did combos for the few of us waiting. At this point, I had nothing going for hours, so I opted to go home.

Mira

Jenny

Scott

Last journey was for the former Playboy, Baywatch, Home Improvement, Barbwire and V.I.P. star, and 90’s icon, Pamela Anderson. Pam has not been in the area for awhile now, so I wanted to give it a shot. I found info on her the previous day, but I was already home. The following day, bright and early, a few of us waited a short time for her. Luckily it was just us, and she stopped no problem. She then did it going in to her appearance, but nothing leaving, and then went to the airport. I hung around a bit there, and we spotted a few celebs, including comedians Ron Funches and Jay Pharoah, and I got both. I heard Tisha Campbell and Tyler Hoechlin were here too, but I was coming down with a cold or something, so I went home. My friends later got Tisha and Mandy Moore there, who denied earlier.

Pam

Jay

Funches
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
16times
Marked Out King

Re: June NYC: Mantegna, Mira, Jenny, Pam, Sugar Ray, Krakowski, and More

Post by 16times »

Amazing haul !

Love your shots with Sugar Ray Leonard, Pam Anderson, and Jenny McCarthy, who remains as gorgeous as ever.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

Love Jean Smart and Pam Anderson! Great gets!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

Nice stuff
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Excellent haul!!
class316