WOODMO Attends The Joe Budden Podcast

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

WOODMO Attends The Joe Budden Podcast

Post by WOODMO »

If you know me, or even if you read my top wants of 2018 post, you know I've been a fan of Joe Budden for well over a decade. It started musically, some of you may only know him from his hit record Pump It Up, or the beefs he got into with 50, Jay, Drake, etc. For me, he simply a guy who could rap his ass off and make honest introspective music. Here are some samples if anyone is interested/curious.

A few years ago he retired from music. He had a final concert in NYC with a meet and greet, but I couldn't get the tickets to purchase online and I was too pussy to just show up and hope it wasn't sold out, so I stayed home. With his retirement being legit, at least thus far, I regretted that decision. On the street he isn't always the best, since he's the moody prick you see in his interviews. Around this time, his career began to evolve, into a podcaster and media personality commenting on all things hip hop. Of late, he has been one of the leading voices in the culture behind some of the more viral moments. I honestly may enjoy the talk show host/hip hop Howard Stern Joe better than music, as I listen to his podcast every week and watch any additional content he puts out. He has now signed a deal with Puff and will have a daily show on Revolt TV. Again, here are some links if you're curious.

The Podcast has blown up enough to the point that they began doing a live podcast tour. I am pretty uninterested in seeing anything live, even if I really enjoy it. It's just an entire effort, especially when it's something like this that my friends, girlfriend, etc, wouldn't want to attend with me. About 2 weeks ago though, the co-host Rory tweeted that they were putting meet and greet tickets for sale, which of course meant I had to go. I instantly bought my package.

Fast forward to yesterday, I arrived at the venue early, just to be safe. I saw Joe, his son Trey, and friends Johnny and Ice walking down the street towards me but I didn't bother him since I had a meet and greet and he was carrying food. Getting inside took a while, due to usual meet and greet lateness. I ended up being first up to the table once inside because I was the only one on line not getting merch. Joe was super friendly, dapping me and saying how nice it was to meet me. Then Rory did the same, and Mal asked how I was and I said "I was hot from being outside" and they all laughed and Joe remarked about at least it was cool inside. After that, I handed the phone off to one of Joe's friends who took the photo.

All in all it was a great time, and I am glad to knock another top want off my list. I didn't bother staying for the show, opting to go home.
class316
Marked Out God

Re: WOODMO Attends The Joe Budden Podcast

Post by class316 »

What did this set you back?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: WOODMO Attends The Joe Budden Podcast

Post by WOODMO »

class316 wrote: June 17th, 2018, 3:07 pm What did this set you back?
I don’t remember exactly but i think it was around $105.