Whacked by Travolta at a Super Eternal Con and I am Outta Here!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Whacked by Travolta at a Super Eternal Con and I am Outta Here!

Post by Greg2600 » June 28th, 2018, 12:05 am

*Note: I had this in my Draft Folder and forget to post it!*

So pretty much at the last minute, board member Btvsp3 was able to win us passes to the New York premiere of John Travolta’s Gotti. It mentioned some type of special fan section for us, but I didn’t trust that, so we go there early. The barricade for the genpub was pretty good, so we waited there. Shortly before the celebrities were to start arriving though, they opened another fan pit for us, so we went into there. This kept us away from the maniacs. The downside was the setting sun was directly behind us, making photos fairly tough. Actually the first photo I grabbed was outside the rails, where former Stern Show veterans Stuttering John Melendez and Jackie the Joke Man Martling were waiting.

Image Image

Stuttering and Joke Man

Many of the names were pretty unknown, but I checked imdb beforehand to try to remember who to get. In terms of actors from the movie, I got William DeMeo, Spencer Lofranco, Chris Kerson, and Patrick Boriello. Patrick played the child version of “Slick” in A Bronx Tale, as well as the rude kid that McClane takes a bicycle from in Die Hard 3. 50 Cent and Pitbull both walked by me and ignored.

DeMeo

Lofranco

Kerson

Boriello

Additional “mob acting” randoms on hand was Katherine Narducci, who played Artie Bucco’s wife on The Sopranos, and has a starring role in The Irishman. I also got Federico Castelluccio, who played Italian immigrant Furio in The Sopranos. Lastly I spotted Malik Yoba, from New York Undercover, and just had a good guest spot on Gotham.

Narducci

Yoba

Castelluccio

Now for the movie principals, I really wanted Chris Mulkey from First Blood and Boardwalk Empire, as well as Leo Rossi, from The Accused, Fast Getaway, and Analyze This, and thirdly Kevin Connolly from Entourage and Unhappily Ever After. Chris got there early, but was an easy get. He spent most of the time joking with the women next to me about what movies he’s done. Kevin rushed passed us, and Leo nobody seemed to see. I wound up see both of those guys inside, and got them no problem.

Mulkey

Connolly

Rossi

The main stars of course were Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston, and both were chased hard by fans and dealers all week. John was tough though, and did combos almost everywhere. I printed an 8x10 off The Experts poster. That was a goofy 1989 movie starring both, and I believe it’s how they met. I simply LOVE it, still to this day. Kelly signed that and the Gotti ticket no problem, and had me retake my photo multiple times due to the sun. She is just plain the nicest. Travolta was in his usual robotic fog, gave me a crap graph on the photo, but a nice one on the ticket, and took a selfie.

John

Kelly x3
Image Image Image

Signed items
Image Image

As for the movie itself, it was bad. Just terrible, add to the fact they had NO refreshments inside, I bailed after one hour. I will say that John and Kelly deliver terrific acting, but the script was dumb, the plot absurd, and clearly was far too deferential to the Gotti family, who were in fact, deceitful, arrogant, violent and dumb.

I left and made it to another spot in time to get a upgraded selfie with Gotham’s John Doman, and Luke Cage star Simone Missick for the first time. She was too expensive at RICC last year. Collector I know was there too, and he tried for Lois Smith, who signed but denied the photo op. Good thing I got her a couple years ago.

Doman

Simone

I also attended Eternal Con at the NYCB Live building out on Long Island. The traffic was terrible all morning, taking me 90 annoying minutes. I arrived and got in pretty fast. I only wanted the old Superman actors, of which I expected four but got three. Jeff East was ill and was not able to come. I started with Mark McClure, who played Jimmy Olsen as well as Dave McFly in Back to the Future. He was a delight to chat with, big golf fan. I moved to the table for Sarah Douglas (Superman II and Conan the Destroyer) and Jack O’Halloran. I had them sign an 8x10 and took a group photo with both of them. Jack told me that sadly Terence Stamp, who rarely leaves England, has some type of early stage of dementia, and probably never will come this way. Otherwise both were delights to speak to. With that I was done, got some lunch and drove home.

McClure

Douglas/O'Halloran

Later that night, I dropped by a venue 10 minutes from home for Dennis Miller, former SNL update host, HBO series host, and star of Bordello of Blood. The show ran quite later than I would have imagined but Dennis walked out, signed for a guy, then I got the photo. He did a few more as he made his way to the car and left.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Re: Whacked by Travolta at a Super Eternal Con and I am Outta Here!

Post by Joresky » June 28th, 2018, 9:01 am

Awesome haul! :clap: Its a shame that Jeff East cancelled Eternal Con but hopefully he gets booked for more appearances

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » June 30th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Amazing
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 1st, 2018, 9:48 am

Awesome stuff