ComiCONN 2018 Report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

ComiCONN 2018 Report

Post by Greg2600 » July 6th, 2018, 6:21 pm

I hate the drive, but after “Frank Black” was added to the guest list, I HAD to go. Originally I thought I’d have a friend for the ride, but he got called into work instead. The drive took about 3 hours, thanks to several accidents on I-95. Next came the crapshoot that is involved in parking at Foxwoods. As bad as the outdoor signage is to tell you which building to park at, inside is even worse. You’re essentially left to find your own way to the convention hall. Thankfully it was significantly less crowded, so I got the wristband and went directly inside.

Lance Henriksen was at his table, with a short line, so I stepped up. Introduced myself, and after hearing I drove up from NJ, Lance proceeded to recount how he once lived in a roach infested apartment in Hoboken. Often the roaches would hide in his clothes! Also chatted about Millennium and a few recent projects. Finally the handler asks what I’d like, and I ask the prices. They were charging SIXTY bucks for either the graph OR table photo. Insane. Honestly the prices were too high for all the guests. I say well I want a photo with him, and Lance unexpectedly springs up, and says, “I’m doing it! This is my friend from Jersey.” Wow, so that was mooched, though I did (over)pay for the signed 8x10.

Lance

I quickly grabbed a $20 photo with Kerry Cahill from The Walking Dead, and then was forced to wait. Matthew Wood, Julie Benz, and Chad Lindbergh were not at their tables. I didn’t care to pay for anyone else either. Finally Matthew returned and I got in line. He was charging 40/40 or 70 for the combo. Again, this was absurd. He’s a voice actor, and NOT a prominent one either. At best if I wanted the graph, I would have printed a Clone Wars Series poster or something, so I hopped out of line. I saw that Julie finally returned at 1:30, a full one hour since I began waiting! She signed a Defiance cast piece along with a couple cast members through the mail for me once, so I just wanted the photo. Again, $45 was ludicrous but had to do it. Julie was very chatty, especially after I mentioned Defiance. She talked about some of the behind the scenes stuff, and then showed me the latest movies several of the co-stars just had come out. In any case, loved the experience. Finally, Chad had no selfie price, and when I asked, he said he wasn’t charging, so nice!

Kerry

Chad

Julie and Defiance cast piece I sent out to the studio in 2015

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Re: ComiCONN 2018 Report

Post by djknightrida » July 7th, 2018, 9:19 am

Still impressed at the Lance get.

My Benz experience wasn’t great as you know.

Malcolm & Kate were pretty great on my end.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 7th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Why are there two autos on that Lance photo?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 7th, 2018, 5:15 pm

class316 wrote:
July 7th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Why are there two autos on that Lance photo?
He inscribed a character line
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com