Barenaked Ladies, KT Tunstall and more Music Meets in Baltimore, MD

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Barenaked Ladies, KT Tunstall and more Music Meets in Baltimore, MD

Post by Joresky » July 11th, 2018, 11:21 am

This past week I attended two separate concerts in Baltimore. This past Thursday night I attended the WTMD 1st Thursday free show in the Canton area of Baltimore and I saw the band Lake Street Dive (which Greg highly recommended) and one of the opening acts Van William. My friend Francesco met up with me for both shows. Van William played on the second stage and he went to a merch table right after his set to meet fans. I got a photo with him. After this we watched Lake Street Dive. They were decent but not nearly as good as the band I saw at the previous 1st Thursday event Family of the Year. After the show was over I hung out near the back area of the stage to try to meet the band. We called the band members over from behind a barricade but they didn't come over. When they left this area to go to their tour bus we tried to stop the band but their tour manager said they didn't have time and wouldn't let them stop. I was honestly shocked by this because this band has a following they are not what I would consider extremely famous. When I got to the bus area I was able to score a photo with one of the band members, Mike Olson. He did photos for me, Francesco and his friend. After a little while I saw Mike Calabrese, the drummer of the band come off the bus and I got a photo with him. I waited a while longer but nobody else was coming off the bus and everyone else had left so I decided to cut my losses and call it a night. It sucks I wasn't able to meet the lead singer Rachel and other band member Bridget but its not a huge deal I guess. I wasn't completely impressed by their set so this wasn't a huge loss for me and I still had a good time hanging out with Francesco.

This past Monday night I headed to a different venue in Baltimore to meet the Barenaked Ladies, KT Tunstall and Better than Ezra. I had already met Better than Ezra many years ago but i'm not sure where my photo is so I decided to definitely getting another one if I see them. I didnt have Barenaked Ladies or KT so these photos would be fresh. We didn't go inside the venue to watch the show because this is the kind of venue where you can mooch the show for free but sitting on the pier next to the venue and if we were inside there is a good chance we would miss some of the bands leaving the venue. Turns out we made the right move because KT Tunstall left the venue before the show was over. Her tour manager brought her over to us and she took photos and signed my CD. She was really friendly and I actually like her music. Later on facebook I found out that she was difficult to get for a while which is shocking to me because she is one of the friendliest singers I have met in a while. After the show we were able to score photos and autographs with every member of Barenaked Ladies no problem. Unfortunately I never saw Better than Ezra leave the venue so I wasn't able to get them but there is a chance I still have my original photo with them so they were the least of my priorities anyway. I was really happy to score Barenaked Ladies.. they have so many 90s hits. One of the original singers Steven Paige is no longer in the band but he tours solo so theres still a chance I can meet him at some point. Overall, Im very happy I hit these spots.. they were cheap and very close by so it required little effort on my part which was nice and we did pretty good.
photoedrobertson.jpg
Me and Ed Robertson, lead singer of the Barenaked Ladies
photokevinhearn.jpg
Me and Kevin Hearn, guitarist of the Barenaked Ladies
phototylerstewart.jpg
Me and Tyler Stewart, drummer of the Barenaked Ladies
photojimcreeggan.jpg
Me and Jim Creeggan, bassist of the Barenaked Ladies
photokttunstall.jpg
Me and singer KT Tunstall
photovanwilliam.jpg
Me and singer Van William
photomikeolson.jpg
Me and Mike Olson, guitarist of Lake Street Dive
photomikecalabrese.jpg
Me and Mike Calabrese, drummer of Lake Street Dive
autobarenakedladies.jpg
Barenaked Ladies signed CD
autobarenakedladies2.jpg
Barenaked Ladies signed CD
autokttunstall.jpg
KT Tunstall signed CD

crowbar
Marked Out King

Re: Barenaked Ladies, KT Tunstall and more Music Meets in Baltimore, MD

Post by crowbar » July 11th, 2018, 11:24 am

do you think you weren't impressed by their set because you didn't get photos with all of them?

Joresky

Post by Joresky » July 11th, 2018, 11:26 am

crowbar wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 11:24 am
do you think you weren't impressed by their set because you didn't get photos with all of them?
I wasn't wowed by their music but not getting photos with them didn't help their appeal at all.. oh well, no biggie

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 11th, 2018, 11:52 am

In fairness, Jeremiah has told me in the past he wasn't much of a musical fan of Lake Street. His loss! Nice KT photo though, she's not always so easy.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » July 11th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Love Barenaked Ladies. Listened to them all the time back in High School. Cool gets.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser