Going to Crystal Lake ON Friday the 13th Report!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Going to Crystal Lake ON Friday the 13th Report!

Post by AJLe » July 13th, 2018, 11:00 am

In recent years, Blairstown, NJ, which was the filming location for the original Friday the 13th movie, has really embraced the movie, and every time a Friday the 13th comes on the calendar, they make a little local "holiday" out of it. And this year, Robbi Morgan, who played "Annie", the first modern-day victim of Mrs. Voorhees, came to Blairstown to do photo ops in her F13 costume, and in the iconic stone arches she walked through in the beginning of the movie. It's not often that you can get a costumed photo op with an actor at their actual filming location.

Photo ops went off without a hitch, and I made a mini-tour of the other filming locations in the area. If you're a fan of the movie, all of the locations in the original film (except the actual camp) are either on Main Street in Blairstown, or within a 10 minute drive in Hope. Later tonight, I'm going back for a screening of the film in the theater on Main Street, which is actually in the film too, lol.

Opening shot of the movie

The "crossroads" from the movie

I think this guy was lost - Springwood is the next exit, buddy!

At the arches from the beginning of the movie

With Robbi Morgan for the costumed photo op

Greg2600

Re: Going to Crystal Lake ON Friday the 13th Report!

Post by Greg2600 » July 13th, 2018, 11:46 am

Again, not a Friday fan, but this is just plain awesome! The Krueger :invalid: spot was hilarious! I wonder, will there be a denim :suited: AJLe op for fans, in the dark, tonight?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » July 13th, 2018, 11:52 am

nice, isn't there a super expensive tour of the camp going on or is that not this time around

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 13th, 2018, 12:12 pm

crowbar wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 11:52 am
nice, isn't there a super expensive tour of the camp going on or is that not this time around
The actual camp is owned by the Boy Scouts and is still in use, so they only do tours when a Friday the 13th falls outside of their active summer months. I did it once, but the last couple of tours the camp has kinda gotten carny, in the sense that there's a weird mailing list to get a chance at tickets, tickets "sell out" immediately, and then the camp magically comes up with more on their Ebay site with a huge markup for fans to bid on. :smh:
Greg2600 wrote:I wonder, will there be a denim :suited: AJLe op for fans, in the dark, tonight?
The denim jacket has been collecting dust with this summer heat!

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 13th, 2018, 1:53 pm

What did this cost?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 13th, 2018, 10:01 pm

class316 wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 1:53 pm
What did this cost?
The photo op was $30 if you ordered in advance. No idea what they charged for walkups. They also offered a Steve Dash in costume op, but I don't know how much that was, since I already had one. They also offered a trolley tour of the filming sites, but I already had visited all of them before.

The amazing thing is that both Dash and Robbi Morgan had lines for their meet and greet/autograph sessions all day long. There was a line 20+ deep to get into her signing when I went into the theater for the screening, and there was still a line 20+ deep two hours later when I came out, and Dash's earlier in the day had a similar line. For people who've done conventions in the area, that's a very impressive turnout.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 14th, 2018, 12:25 am

AJLe wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 10:01 pm

The amazing thing is that both Dash and Robbi Morgan had lines for their meet and greet/autograph sessions all day long. There was a line 20+ deep to get into her signing when I went into the theater for the screening, and there was still a line 20+ deep two hours later when I came out, and Dash's earlier in the day had a similar line. For people who've done conventions in the area, that's a very impressive turnout.
Wow :jawdrop:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/