A Charmed One, a Former First Lady, and a Fashion Designer Head to Oz

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

A Charmed One, a Former First Lady, and a Fashion Designer Head to Oz

Post by Btvsp3 » July 24th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Back in early February I met Rose McGowan and posted a report here about how the night resulted in a fail. This is pretty much an update to that report. So, after initially blaming Rose for the incident of the photo coming out blurry it turned out it was on me. My hands were shaking from the cold and I could barely feel my fingers which resulted in the photo coming out like shit. Here’s the photo and my current submission for Photo Fail of the Year.

Well I haven’t heard much from Rose since then. She’s had a bit of a breakdown and seems like a totally different person than she used to be. Well I saw on Facebook she had been added to OzyFest, which is a combination Political Festival, food festival, and music festival. Turned out what it really was, was a shit show. Now I’ll get to that in a bit. But also listed for this convention was Hillary Clinton who is a major want of mine. And knowing a street meet would be nearly impossible I decided to email the festival to see if the VIP badge included a Meet and Greet with Hillary and Rose.

I quickly get a response that Hillary and Rose were both scheduled for Meet and Greets with photos and autographs. So I was definitely in and splurged on the VIP ticket. I email again to see what time the meet and greet will be and am told to get there early as the meet and greets will take place “spontaneously throughout the day”. WTF.

So I get to the city by 8am and am told I can’t even get in until 12! :facepalm2: Well after sitting around in Central Park for 4 hours they finally start to let us in. Security is super tight which isn’t surprising considering Hillary Clinton, Tom Perez, and Cynthia Nixon were in attendance. Upon getting in I see a sign for a Rose McGowan book signing. So I head over to ask and am told that the first 20 people to buy her book can get a ticket to the signing.

Now this signing has nothing to do with the Meet and Greet I’m supposed to get. So I head to the VIP area to ask about the meet and greets. I’m told Rose is not scheduled for one. WTF. :angrybird: I made sure to specifically ask this before buying the ticket. So I ask about Hillary and the woman laughs at me that she was never going to do a meet and greet. DOUBLE WTF. So the company lied to me just to get me to buy the damn ticket. Great. So I head over to the book stand, pay the 30 dollars for her book and get a ticket for the signing.

The actual conversations they have set up are pretty boring. I enjoy a good political debate but I could be watching this on CNN or MSNBC. I don’t need to be sitting in the heat in a packed VIP area for this. Speaking of which the VIP is completely oversold. One of the perks of the VIP is you get seats under an overhang. Well there were no spots under the overhang but I managed to snag a seat before they ran out. It came to the point where you can barely move in there. Ridiculous.

After sitting around for awhile I decide to ask another employee what other meet and greets were scheduled even though I didn’t really care for the other guests. I’m told I missed all the meet and greets. I had only been sitting for maybe 2 hours and there were still at least 5 hours left of the festival! I ask who I missed and she lists some names I’ve never heard of... and Rose McGowan. TRIPLE WTF?!? So she did have a meet and greet that I now missed and have paid extra to meet her! So fucking annoying.

While she’s telling me that all Meet and Greets are over I notice fashion designer and former Project Runway winner Christian Siriano doing a meet and greet not 5 feet away. So I just walk away while she’s talking to me and head over to him. He’s nice as can be and I get the photo.

It’s about time for Rose McGowan’s signing so I head over and am the second person on line. I’m told she will be doing photos but at this point I don’t trust a word these people are saying. Rose heads over and takes a seat. I get up to her and tell her I love Charmed. She says “Hell Yeah! Rock on.” And she signs her book. I ask for a photo and she happily agrees! I went to take the pic but a worker says they’ll take it. I’m not overly thrilled with this result but ok.

I decide to wait for her to get up at the end of the signing to ask her to sign my Book of Shadows replica from Charmed, which is my all time favorite series and a major part of my childhood. I lugged the heavy book around with me all day in hopes of getting her signature added. I got Holly Marie Combs and Brian Krause's autos last month and would love to get Shannen, Rose, and Alyssa added by the end of the year.

Rose gets up to leave and takes a few selfies with fans who couldn’t get tickets for the signing. I ask her to sign the book and she says “Oh my god have you been carrying this around all day?” I say Yes and she says “Well then how can I say no to that!” She signs the book and smiles. She takes another selfie with a fan and then I decide to try to get a better pic. I ask for a selfie and she agrees! SCORE! :yes: Whatever she may be going through she knew how to treat her fans at the festival and gave everyone whatever they asked for. Giving out hugs, extra autographs, and selfies to whoever asked.

And with that I end my day and suffice to say I will not be returning to OzyFest in the future, but at least that's one of my top 5 wants crossed off the list.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

Greg2600

Re: A Charmed One, a Former First Lady, and a Fashion Designer Head to Oz

Post by Greg2600 » July 24th, 2018, 11:43 pm

There have been many events like this in Central Park over the years, many with celebrities, and I always skip them. I just expect a hassle with over population. We also rarely trust these VIP tickets to said events, but I guess in the future, if you have one, unfortunately you are forced to create a scene if need be to get answers.

PS: I think both Rose photos are very nice and the graph in the book is terrific. Project of the Year material.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » July 25th, 2018, 6:05 am

Glad you got your Rose photo. Any idea if A-Rod was part of the M&G? I was contemplating buying the VIP to meet A-Rod, but glad I didn't bother.

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » July 25th, 2018, 8:31 am

fun read, and sometimes I guess you have to suffer but if you stay the track, you succeed in getting what you came for. congrats.

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » July 25th, 2018, 8:53 am

mrira wrote:
July 25th, 2018, 6:05 am
Glad you got your Rose photo. Any idea if A-Rod was part of the M&G? I was contemplating buying the VIP to meet A-Rod, but glad I didn't bother.
No he wasn’t.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 25th, 2018, 10:08 am

That's awesome man. The book looks great too

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » July 26th, 2018, 9:28 am

Never pay big money for things unless it's in writing what you get
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » July 26th, 2018, 11:35 am

class316 wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 9:28 am
Never pay big money for things unless it's in writing what you get
True, the website just said “celebrity meet and greets” so I thought the email confirmation would suffice but people suck.