Conor MacLeod, here's your Kick-Ass 2nd place trophy!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Conor MacLeod, here's your Kick-Ass 2nd place trophy!

Post by Greg2600 » August 1st, 2018, 12:38 pm

I made a half-hearted (6th, 7th, lost track) attempt for Jessica Alba. She arrived very early to a spot, and left, so we figured she had taped the show already. So several of us left. We learned shortly though that she had in fact returned, done the show, and left not long after us! No harm no foul really because I watched a video of her leaving, and she barely looked at the phones of the 3 or 4 people that go near her. Just not nice. In the meantime, we waited for Joseph Fiennes, who unlike his brother Ralph, is pretty friendly. Indeed he was, and I got a photo. Loved him in Enemy at the Gates.

Another time I braved some evening rain to get a few old timers, and I mean OLD here. First up were Phil Donahue and his wife Marlo Thomas, both of whom I’ve seen before. Phil of course was an institution on day-time TV, where he assailed a number of scumbags on a daily basis. Next was Bob Dishy, an actor from Stay Tuned. Lastly was my main want, Joyce Van Patten, who played Cleveland, the league commish, in The Bad New Bears, as well as Grown Ups. She was very nice, and signed by 11x14 at the bottom.

Phil and Marlo
ImageImage

Van Patten
ImageImage

Dishy

After some time off, I was back at it. Several years back, I had learned of a rare appearance from The Highlander, Christopher Lambert, after it happened. I was of course aghast by this, as he never seems to do conventions on this side of the pond. So I noticed he was in the city a few days earlier, but obviously had no clue where and when. Then I saw a posting about him joining The Blacklist series in some fashion. When a set listing came up, I decided to take a gamble and go. I arrive to a relatively quiet area, and while scoping it out, I spot James Spader. Having met him already, I don’t approach. While I’m walking around, I spot Lambert in a white robe walking to the set! I figure to just wait for him to return. As some guy parks his car and starts asking me if he can park there, a young lady passes by. At first, I just figure she’s part of the crew, but then realize, oh, wait, it’s Megan Boone. I catch up to her and grab the selfie. A little while later, here comes Christopher. I shake his hand and ask for an autograph. He goes “hey, yeah sure.” As he signs, I remind him that we’re only a few blocks from Silvercup Studios, where they shot the final battle in The Highlander on the roof. He laughed at that. I handed my camera to the crew guy, and got the photo. Another long time 1980s want is mine!

:swoon:

:rockvictory:

Later on in the evening, I went to a spot for Chloë Grace Moretz, but it was a mess with paps and whatnot. Luckily the next spot was literally around the block, and when she arrived a bit later, she was very nice and stopped for all.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Re: Conor MacLeod, here's your Kick-Ass 2nd place trophy!

Post by Joresky » August 1st, 2018, 12:44 pm

Wow congrats on meeting Christopher Lambert.. super rare!!! :boom: Hope he does a con one day

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » August 1st, 2018, 2:41 pm

Cleveland?!?! Wow that’s awesome, didn’t even know she was still around....

All the best colors have been taken. Green and white, blue and white, red and white, maroon and white, white and maroon..

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » August 4th, 2018, 4:49 pm

:swoon:

The more I see pics of her with other fans, she puts on these half assed and fake smiles. Then I looks at my pics and can enjoy them more knowing it’s more genuine. Even if she blew me off at the NBC thing in May. :jawdrop:

Great other gets as well.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » August 5th, 2018, 11:04 am

Wait, she blew you off??? Wtf!!!

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 8th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Great report, Greg.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » August 9th, 2018, 4:05 pm

Chloë Grace looks bad in that shot.

Wow @ Lambert. Huge want of mine.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » August 18th, 2018, 11:17 am

lanza218 wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 11:04 am
Wait, she blew you off??? Wtf!!!
Zee things you miss without me reporting anymore. :greatscott:
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: