JOresky's Keystone Comic Con, Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Con & more Report

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's Keystone Comic Con, Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Con & more Report

Post by Joresky »

For this report I am combing a few different events and meets. The first one was a few weekends ago when I attended the National Book Festival in Washington DC to upgrade my photo with actress Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper in The Wonder Years). I got to the festival, bought her book and went to join my friend Troy in line. When we got up to Danica she was super nice as always and took photos with everyone and signed one extra item per person. I had nothing extra on me so I got one of Troy's extras done for him. My photo came out way better than the first time. At the signing I attended years ago in NYC she was pregnant so she was seated for the photos but for these pics she stood up and leaned in close so the photo is way better.

My next event after this was the Keystone Comic Con in Philadelphia, PA which I attended this past Friday. I got to the con around 11:30 am and I saw Dan (DJknightrida) :dj: so I hung out with him until he left. Me and Dan both needed the four members of the Office cast that was there including Leslie David Baker, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez and Brian Baumgartner. Creed Bratton was also scheduled to attend the con but he wouldn't be arriving at the con until Saturday and I already scored a free photo with Creed earlier this year so that was no biggie for me. All of the members of the Office cast were either $40 for a combo or $25 each for just an autograph or just a photo. I decided to get full combos from everyone since it was only a $15 difference. I had already pre bought a pro op with Daniel Bryan which wasn't scheduled to happen until 6:15 pm so I had quite a long time to wait until I could leave the con. I hung out with Dan as he got Ray Park. Me and him also went to grab some lunch across the street. We walked around the dealers room and checked out all of the cool stuff (Funko pops, toys, etc..). After Dan left I hung out with a friend of mine who had a vendors table at the con. I walked to the wrestling corner of the room where RF was and saw that James Ellsworth was added last minute so I got a combo with him. It turns out that James knows my cousin who goes and works at many local indie wrestling shows. Around 6 I went to the pro op area to get my pro op with Daniel Bryan. The line wasn't too bad and I got through it in a timely fashion. I'd have to say attendance was very light but it was only Friday. I heard it wasn't too packed the rest of the weekend too so I bet this con lost loads of money. I enjoyed not having a crowded con so lines weren't too long and I had room to breathe but that is definitely not good for the promoters and vendors who invested their hard earned time and money. I headed back to Baltimore (my bus was over an hour late picking me up.. shocker) after this. While en route to Baltimore I found out that somebody I know scored a photo with Richie Merritt (in the new movie White Boy Rick) at Eastpoint Cinema near Baltimore where he was signing before a screening of White Boy Rick. My buddy told me that that Richie said he would be attending the 10 pm show so my buddy advised me to go there and get him leaving. I was able to make it over there by scoring a ride from a friend who picked me up at the bus station but sadly Richie was no where to be found. I guess he left the theatre earlier (which I suspected). At this point I went home to get a bit of rest before attending the Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Con on Saturday.

On Saturday I woke up and headed to Hunt Valley to attend the Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Con. I didn't have many wants there so at least it would be an easy, low dough and stress free day. The only names I needed at the con were Robert Wagner and Jordan Rhodes. One other celeb who I was going to meet was Peter Marshall (Hollywood Squares) but sadly he postponed. As soon as I arrived at the con I got in line to meet Robert Wagner. He was $60 for a combo or $40 for only an autograph or photo. I decided to get the full combo. Robert was cool and got a nice photo sitting next to him and a signed photo from Austin Powers. I know Robert will be at Chiller but it was nice to get him out of the way in case he cancels. After this I met character Jordan Rhodes (TVs Matlock and other shows) and he was affordable at only $25 for a combo. There were other cool celebs at the show including Morgan Fairchild, Stefanie Powers, Kristy McNichol, Tim Reid, Howard Hesseman and others but I had them already so no need to pay for repeats. I saw actress Trina Parks upstairs later so I scored an updated photo for free which was cool.

After my friend Troy was finished with the Saturday night banquet we went to a spot to meet singer John Kay of the band Steppenwolf. We spotted John only 20 minutes after we arrived at the spot and he was very cool. We both scored nice photos and multiple items signed so I'd say that was a sweeping success. We found out that John only has a couple shows left before he retires so we were very very lucky to get to meet him. He is in his 70s so I can't imagine there will be that many more chances. I only know two Steppenwolf songs "Born to Be Wild" and "Magic Carpet Ride" but they are legendary songs so this was a very cool and extremely rare score. Overall, I had a great and stress free weekend and the impending hurricane weather I was worried would affect everything never made it this far north so fortunately we were unaffected.
Me and actor Robert Wagner
Me and actor Robert Wagner
Me and actor Jordan Rhodes
Me and actor Jordan Rhodes
Me and actress Trina Parks
Me and actress Trina Parks
Me and WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan
Me and WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan
Me and actor Leslie David Baker
Me and actor Leslie David Baker
Me and actor Oscar Nunez
Me and actor Oscar Nunez
Me and actor Brian Baumgartner
Me and actor Brian Baumgartner
Me and actress Angela Kinsey
Me and actress Angela Kinsey
Me and wrestler James Ellsworth
Me and wrestler James Ellsworth
Me and singer John Kay (of Steppenwolf)
Me and singer John Kay (of Steppenwolf)
Me and actress Danica McKellar
Me and actress Danica McKellar
John Kay signed poster
John Kay signed poster
John Kay signed poster
John Kay signed poster
Robert Wagner signed photo
Robert Wagner signed photo
autowagner.jpg (14.96 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
Jordan Rhodes signed photo
Jordan Rhodes signed photo
autojordanrhodes.jpg (18.58 KiB) Viewed 4860 times
Danica McKellar signed book
Danica McKellar signed book
Angela Kinsey signed photo
Angela Kinsey signed photo
Leslie David Baker signed photo
Leslie David Baker signed photo
Oscar Nunez signed photo
Oscar Nunez signed photo
Brian Baumgartner signed photo
Brian Baumgartner signed photo

Attachments
James Ellsworth signed photo
James Ellsworth signed photo
Cozmik
Full Fledged Mark

Re: JOresky's Keystone Comic Con, Mid Atlantic Nostalgia Con & more Report

Post by Cozmik »

Coolness!
Love the John Kay Steppenwolf stuff. Classic rock!
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

Perfect pics great work
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Nice graph from Wagner.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Awesome stuff, man! I love the Office stuff.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Did you ever find your friends booth at keystone?
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
Joresky

Post by Joresky »

djknightrida wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 9:12 am Did you ever find your friends booth at keystone?
I did.. ended up hanging out and chatting with him for a while after you left