A very unique meet (9/11 attacks related)

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
class316
Marked Out God

A very unique meet (9/11 attacks related)

Post by class316 »

I was going to include this in a "scattered meets" for September, but I thought this is unique enough that I should give this meet its own report.

Generally when it comes to politically related names, I go for anything presidential/vice presidential related and 9/11 attacks related. So when I had the chance for Rob O’Neill, the man who shot and killed Osama Bin Laden, I figured that would be a good addition to my collection.

Went to the airport and waited. Eventually he arrived wearing hat and shades as his flight boarded. He stopped for us and did combos, removing his shades for photo ops. He wouldn't sign any images of Bin Laden nor would he sign my 12" 1/6 scale Bin Laden action figure. I also tried to get a photo op with him while I held the figure, but he wouldn't do that either.

Personally I don't know how wise it is to reveal you shot Bin Laden. Just as combo hunters found his info and were waiting for him, could have been someone wanting revenge against him.

For those interested, this isn't my video but this is the figure in question:

Last edited by class316 on September 18th, 2018, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
wewantflair
Site Admin

Re: A very unique meet (9/11 attacks related)

Post by wewantflair »

class316 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 5:51 pm 12" 1/6 scale Bin Laden action figure
For some reason, I exploded with laughter at this.

:hahaaa:
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

Why does Bin Laden have an action figure? :whaahhh: I can’t blame the guy for not wanting to sign or take pictures with anything Osama related.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

wewantflair wrote: September 18th, 2018, 5:55 pm
For some reason, I exploded with laughter at this.

:hahaaa:
Glad you got some happiness out of it.
Btvsp3 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 6:43 pm Why does Bin Laden have an action figure? :whaahhh:
There's an action figure sub culture for accurate 12" 1/6 scare historical figures. This includes everything from most every era. There are figures of everything from Genghis Khan to Barack Obama. And the great thing about these figures is everything about them is free from political correctness and depicted as historically accurate (as they should be, especially for what they cost).

Bin Laden, like him or not, is a valid historical figure. Hence how he got this.

Long time ago (10+ years) I started to collect them but they got expensive so I stopped. I still own a handful, including the Bin Laden one shown here.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

That wouldn’t even be a valid autograph
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Interesting get, but you'll never get the man who gave the order.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

So you not only own a Bin Laden action figure, you asked the soldier who killed him to sign and/or pose with a Bin Laden action figure??!!!??

Just when I think I've read the most psychopathic thing you've ever posted, you always manage to "top" yourself. The man is far kinder than I would have been - if I was in his shoes, the moment you pulled out the Bin Laden figure, I would have walked away and given you nothing.
crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar »

I don't know how I feel about this
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote: September 18th, 2018, 6:59 pm That wouldn’t even be a valid autograph
No but the money it would have fetched would have been very valid.
Greg2600 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 7:02 pm Interesting get, but you'll never get the man who gave the order.
You mean Obama? Technically I did get him autograph wise in the past. Sold them though. And I have an invalid shot.
AJLe wrote: September 18th, 2018, 7:30 pm So you not only own a Bin Laden action figure, you asked the soldier who killed him to sign and/or pose with a Bin Laden action figure??!!!??

Just when I think I've read the most psychopathic thing you've ever posted, you always manage to "top" yourself. The man is far kinder than I would have been - if I was in his shoes, the moment you pulled out the Bin Laden figure, I would have walked away and given you nothing.
He used to sign 8x10s of Bin Laden. But this time he didn't. Other graphers had photos of Bin Laden. Each 8x10 would go for like $500. Had he refused to sign Bin Laden images in previous encounters I would not have asked.
Last edited by class316 on September 18th, 2018, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Post the invalid Obama
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

WOODMO wrote: September 18th, 2018, 8:56 pm Post the invalid Obama
I will later.
billybatson22
Full Fledged Mark

Post by billybatson22 »

There's nothing quite like calling a guy who was nice enough to take a photo op with you an "idiot."
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Nor suggesting a man who served the cause of freedom to live in hiding and fear at home.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 10:57 pm Nor suggesting a man who served the cause of freedom to live in hiding and fear at home.
Very debtabtle who or what he served. Remember Bin Laden was basically a biproduct of the actions of traitorous American politicians (via US foreign policy). Also at one time Bin Laden was dubbed an anti soviet freedom fighter before he was dubbed a terrorist.

But again, not about fear or hiding. You admit you shot Bin Laden you expose yourself to people who want to avenge him. He could have just kept his mouth shut and lived normally. One time at a flight I heard he even asked combo hunters how is it that they find him when Isis can't.
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf »

class316 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 11:15 pm
Greg2600 wrote: September 18th, 2018, 10:57 pm Nor suggesting a man who served the cause of freedom to live in hiding and fear at home.
Very debtabtle who or what he served. Remember Bin Laden was basically a biproduct of the actions of traitorous American politicians (via US foreign policy). Also at one time Bin Laden was dubbed an anti soviet freedom fighter before he was dubbed a terrorist.

But again, not about fear or hiding. You admit you shot Bin Laden you expose yourself to people who want to avenge him. He could have just kept his mouth shut and lived normally. One time at a flight I heard he even asked combo hunters how is it that they find him when Isis can't.
Almost Sounds like a defense of bin laden. Definitely gonna stir controversy with that one..