Mr. Body Did It, In Asbury Park, With The Sharpie...

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Mr. Body Did It, In Asbury Park, With The Sharpie...

Post by AJLe »

One of my favorite pieces is my daybill poster of the movie Clue, and although two of the main cast (Eileen Brennan and Madeline Khan) passed away before I could ever get them, I have been fortunate enough to get the majority of the rest of the living cast. But one of the more elusive cast members has always been Lee Ving. Music fans might know Lee as the frontman of the longtime punk band Fear, and although he's still performed in recent years, he would almost always tour exclusively on the West Coast, so I was never able to get him. So when I saw that he was finally doing a northeast tour, I knew I had to get him.

I went for him in Asbury Park, since they were offering a meet and greet. I probably could have gotten him on the street, but since he hasn't done anything in the area for YEARS, I was more than happy to pay for the guarantee. Get into the venue for the M&G, and they take all of us (there were only five fans who did the M&G) down to the dressing room, and they couldn't have been nicer. In addition to Lee, longtime Fear drummer Spit Stix was there, along with the younger members of the current lineup. Everybody signed whatever you wanted, with a couple guys racking up on old LPs and band flyers. Lee marked out for my Clue poster, and also signed the swag poster that they gave away for the M&G package. Lee was also a great character - telling road stories that had the room roaring. Probably one of the top ten most enjoyable celeb meetings I ever had.

Lee makes the ninth signature on my poster, and of the still living cast, I just need Martin Mull and Kellye Nakahara to complete the poster.

Me and Lee Ving

Longtime Fear members Lee Ving and Spit Stix

Autographed Fear poster

Autographed Clue poster
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Re: Mr. Body Did It, In Asbury Park, With The Sharpie...

Post by Btvsp3 »

That Clue poster is absolutely amazing! Incredibly jealous!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Great rare get!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
billysparrow

Post by billysparrow »

Nice report, and great job on the poster! Fear has one of the all-time greatest (or at least all-time most memorable) SNL performances (it's on YouTube for those who haven't seen it). I can imagine Lee Ving has some great stories.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Terrific stuff, man! Sounds like quite the experience.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/