Licking It Up With Gene Simmons

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Licking It Up With Gene Simmons

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

This past Tuesday, Gene Simmons of Kiss came to my town for a soda bottle signing. Apparently his sodas are bottled in Western NY, so Gene has been hitting several places up here to sign the past week. First a 7-11, then a Wegmans and I think he's doing somewhere else later.

So, tickets were first come first served and limited to 250 and proceeded to sell out within the next few hours or so. I happened to be at the store on the day they announced and got a ticket. All you had to do was present the ticket, pay $25 and you were guaranteed a signed soda case and a pro photo by his people. I was told in advanced, no extra autographs, only his soda. Not a bad deal for $25. I'm in for the photo op since I loved him int he movies Trick Or treat, Never Too Young To Die, Wanted Dead Or Alive and was kind of a Kiss fan in high school when Psycho Circus came out.

I arrived around 11:30, and the signing started at 1:30, so knowing I had a guaranteed spot and a small town, I knew I could show up later. Gene arrived rather early, to huge applause and cheering. Kiss fans are INSANE, first off and even though I'm not one of them, I loved the enthusiasm, there were people shaking and even crying because they ahd waited their whole life to meet him. Gene came out and greeted everyone on staff, news and security. He even came over to the line and fistbumped people. He accepted gifts from a little lady who gave him cookies and he actually ate them! I guess at this point, Gene knows how to read people.

So they conveyor belt system began. Security and staff took your soda and handed it to Gene to sign and you posed for a photo. I saw Gene sign other things if people were sneaky enough, so I brought a Trick or Treat photo signed by Marc "Ragman" Price, and told him how much I loved the movie, he looked at it and said "wow, nice!" and placed it down. Then I picked it back up and asked if he could sign it, his staff said no but Gene signed it!!!! YES!!!! I thanked him, more staff tried to pull me away but I said I didn't get my photo op. Gene laughs, puts his arm around me and said to me"you're trouble aren't you"? After we posed, I grabbed my stuff, and left and went back home. I just received my fullsized photo op(trimmed it down for the post and my FB photo) today and I'm super happy with it.

So two autographs(the soda case will be sold), a pro photo op and back at my apartment for a quick nap before work by 1:45 pm. I can't complain at all. Gene was super appreiative and super kind enough to sign extras for some people. For $25 bucks, I'm more than happy!
Attachments
42104330_10156783520013631_6235049305443401728_n.jpg
42194082_10156787851353631_6230288707857940480_n.jpg
42154457_10156788112938631_3952622140099919872_n.jpg
class316
Marked Out God

Re: Licking It Up With Gene Simmons

Post by class316 »

Wow very cool. Can't beat the price from what you got, especially in this day and age.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times »

Reading this report made me smile.

Gene is very fan friendly and most come away very happy after meeting him.

You got a bargain, combo wise!

I still can't figure out this soda thing. Of all the items Gene could endorse.......
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Awesome report and photo op! Love that he signed the extra item.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

16times wrote: September 20th, 2018, 4:17 pm Reading this report made me smile.

Gene is very fan friendly and most come away very happy after meeting him.

You got a bargain, combo wise!

I still can't figure out this soda thing. Of all the items Gene could endorse.......
considering the casket and toilet paper, I gotta say, I'm not that surprised. And it's actually very good, so if you're a ginger ale drinker, I highly suggest it.
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

class316 wrote: September 20th, 2018, 4:16 pm Wow very cool. Can't beat the price from what you got, especially in this day and age.

Kid you not, I thought of you after he signed it and thought to myself "Steve would be VERY proud of the extra being signed"
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Whole F'N Gigantor wrote: September 20th, 2018, 4:45 pm
Kid you not, I thought of you after he signed it and thought to myself "Steve would be VERY proud of the extra being signed"
When reading it I actually thought to myself "wow, good job Chad" :like:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Love the OP and that u got the extra signed. Gene is awesome. Great stuff
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

That op is great!!