Terminated on the Boardwalk

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Terminated on the Boardwalk

Post by Greg2600 »

Here's a quick one from Friday night. When Eddie Furlong was added to the NJ HorrorCon lineup, despite it being in Atlantic City, I felt I had to go for him. Love the Terminator franchise, plus his work in American History X and Cruel World were great, before falling off the face of the Earth. My friend was going to give me a ride down, as I didn't feel like driving, but he wound up going the night before. I took the train to NYC in the morning though, did some brief combo hunting (another report), and caught the ol' Greyhound to A.C. The seat gave me an awful charlie horse, but I slept a good hour. Walked a bit on the boardwalk and grabbed a burger before heading into the Showboat. The con was pretty spacious, though they continued to use the dumb security wand that holds up the line.

Got Edward Furlong first off. His prices were all over the map during the weekend, but were lowest when he first got there, so I only paid $40 for the combo. Had him sign a 1991 T2 comic book. He was nice to talk to, and seemed very grateful to have fans to talk to.

Image Image

We walked around a little, and said hey to the promoter and some handlers. I paid a pittance for a photo with the Saved by the Bell jock Moose, Mark Clayman. Also got a cheap pic with Cerina Vincent from Not Another Teen Movie, and William Katt from Carrie. I was going to get one with Dana DeLorenzo, but at $40 I felt that was ridiculous, plus she took a break and we wanted to head home anyway. Linda Blair hadn't arrived yet, so I didn't get her. Would have upgraded William Daniels and his wife, but he was SAT/SUN only. Buddy gave me a ride back to Jersey City, where I drove back into NYC for a late night meet.

Atlantic City....
Image Image Image Image

This again....
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Re: Terminated on the Boardwalk

Post by class316 »

Wow Eddie looks so different even compared to when I got him.

He played no part in that comic :invalid:
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Feeny pricing was insanely good. Almost made it worth having to go to AC to get.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

class316 wrote: September 23rd, 2018, 2:28 am Wow Eddie looks so different even compared to when I got him.

He played no part in that comic :invalid:
It was officially licensed moron.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Hes on the cover...