Keystone and NYC Report

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
lanza218
Site Admin

Keystone and NYC Report

Post by lanza218 »

With a stacked lineup and under 2 hours to get there, I knew Keystone was a must hit con for me. Picked up insert greg smiley around 745ish and we walked into the con a little after 10AM after Greg found $11 parking!! Place was a dead zone. Was hoping people would be at their table, but of course not, everyone started at 11am as did my first pro op…as you can see in my Behind the Scene photos, nothing at all to do..

11 hits and first up is Anna Paquin, fan of early True Blood and XMen- was very nice, but she was late getting there Need her auto but too rich for my blood the people scanning the photos out were pretty bad and thank god there wasn’t a lot of people

ImageIMG_0002 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Next saw Amy Acker was at her table to ran there, of course the 2 people in front of me had life stories and were asking her about specific parts in specific episodes of every show she has been in Thankfully they realized I was the only one in line, so got my quick op---after the first 2 were directly into the lights, 3rd came out fine. Saw Flarrow talking with greg but didn’t have time to stop

ImageIMG_2271 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2272 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2273 by Lanza218, on Flickr

The voice actors here were huge for me and all were at the table, had 2 pro ops at noon, and with the lines having next to noone on them I knew had to get everyone as soon as I saw them bc they would not be there all day

First up was Steve Whitmirewho voiced Kermit and Ernie after Jim Henson, and Wembly Fraggle. Huge part of not only my childhood but the childhood of many others. Yet again, some promoter offering a lunch at 3pm….GO AWAY I SAY, would have loved to talk more but was in a rush, he mentioned how hard it was to take over for Jim, says Rizzo the Rt was his fav character, and was just super nice and down to earth and was happy to pay for him.

ImageIMG_2274 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2275 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2276 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2290 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2287 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2288 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Had to quickly jump into Maurice LaMarcheline, where I got the 1st of many compliments on my shirt for some reason. Guy mentioned he isn’t into wrestling, asked if I got it signed here, and how he spent $3500 on original animation cells, and really Maurice didn’t seem too interested, while another guy let me cut ahead because he was literally having a break down on what paint pen marker to use. Maurice was quiet and while I also could have had a ton for him I chose an Egon figure. He did the voice, said he doesn’t have a favorite more of a top 5.

ImageIMG_2277 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2278 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2289 by Lanza218, on Flickr

As soon as I was done it was 11:50 made a quick stop to David Newell and AGAIN saw the same dumb promoter for this dumb 3pm lunch. Dave could not have been nicer, asking where I'm from, what I do, etc. quick pic and off to Pro ops.

ImageIMG_2279 by Lanza218, on Flickr

First up for me was Stephen Moyer, enjoying the gifted so far and again early True Blood, super nice guy. Has a woman in front of me who wanted to give him a card, she never did, and 2 other nuts who moved behind greg.

ImageIMG_0001 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Ran out and right into the Joe Manganielloline who commented on the HBK shirt and did the Texas Horns in honor of that. Big fan of most of his work and he was nice as well

ImageP-GPX-WW1-9FQ by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageP-GPX-WW1-9FQ (2) by Lanza218, on Flickr

The auto lines were dead after this, and already 2 of The Office people closed up shop, saying they would be back by 2 but again judging by the lines who knows when they would be back, so ended up buying the pro op. Literally nothing to do and saw Catherine Tate had no line so jumped in for a quick op because of her Office credentials. Demanded no flash, and had a weird playing card system to differ from ops or graphs, she cracked a few jokes and was on my way.

ImageIMG_2283 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2284 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Only other person at the table was Richard Horvitz Mr. Alpha 5 and for me, Summer School. Made some small talk, was nice and zeee ol switcherooooo

ImageDSCN4709 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Went to the line up for the group op and it was already 5 rows deep and ended up being over 11 total….most action of the day was for the Office. Good for them, got the group op, Oscar commented on my shirt and apparently everyone agreed how great it was. Op came out fine. Away we went about 2pm and stopped for some tony lukes

Oscar, Angela, Creed, Stanly, and Kevin

ImageIMG by Lanza218, on Flickr

Few days later a big want of mine was doing a screening of his film Cabin Boy, Chris Elliot, tons of great roles, was super down to earth and prob would have talked to us for an hour, also got director Adam Resnick

ImageDSCN4712 by Lanza218, on Flickr

ImageDSCN4714 by Lanza218, on Flickr
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Keystone and NYC Report

Post by WOODMO »

Awesome stuff! The Office Op especially looks great.
Playboy_Jesse
Marking Out Amateur

Post by Playboy_Jesse »

Cool gets bro, Joe M pic is great because he’s repping those TX Longhorns 🤙
wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair »

It looks so weird to see Stanley smile.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

LOVE the Office group photo! Great stuff all around!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

These pics look familiar. In hindsight yeah we should've just hung out with Adam and Chris instead of getting some cruddy food down the block!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

I love Amy Acker. Met her twice and she is the sweetest thing!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
Joresky

Post by Joresky »

Awesome pics and sigs!! Looks like you had a very productive con :like: