Random Musical Gets in Washington DC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
adelta13
Marked Out Pro

Random Musical Gets in Washington DC

Post by adelta13 » October 6th, 2018, 10:59 pm

On Saturday October 7 the day would consist of trying for a host of random musical names. First up is a flight on Rage Against the Machine and formerly of Audioslave guitarist Tom Morello (Killing in the Name, Be Yourself, etc). My buddy and I arrive 15-20 minutes before the flight was suppose to land. He shows up with some of his crew and is overly nice. Signs for my buddy and I then takes a photo with both of us!

Next up we go and scout a spot that would involve a group of different up and coming musicians; while waiting around we spot singer Maggie Rogers, we approach her for photos and she happily agrees to them!

Next up is a spot for two original members of Simple Minds, famously for their song Don't You (Forget About me) which was played in the movie The Breakfast Club. We started our wait at this spot and it's dead as doorknob. Finally they arrive to the venue. First up is member Charlie Burchill (Guitarist), he comes out and is overly nice; signs and takes photos! Next up is original lead singer Jim Kerr, he comes off the bus and jokes around with us. He signs and takes photos!

On our way to the spot for the singers; I found out hotel information for up & coming singer Billie Eilish (Known for songs Lovely w/ Khalid, Ocean Eyes, etc). We arrived to the spot and immediately spot her leaving the spot with her entourage, we approach for photos and she takes them with us! We go back to another spot and started our wait for singer/rapper/DJ Jessie Reyez (Promises W/Sam Smith, Nice Guy/Good Guy W/Eminem, etc). She finally arrives in a car and we get photos with her!

Image Tom Morello

Image Maggie Rogers

Image Charlie Burchill of Simple Minds

Image Jim Kerr of Simple Minds

Image Billie Eilish

Image Jessie Reyez

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Random Musical Gets in Washington DC

Post by ICW » October 7th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Good stuff, man. Glad to see that they were all nice.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Greg2600

Re: Random Musical Gets in Washington DC

Post by Greg2600 » October 10th, 2018, 12:03 am

Photos are all gone
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com