ICW's New York Comic Con 2018

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW's New York Comic Con 2018

Post by ICW »

I purchased tickets to NYCC with little expectations of meeting anyone. I was severely disappointed with last year's guest list, for example, and figured that this year would bring more of the same. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised that this show would feature a few names of interest.

Sady, one of the bigger names on my radar, Danai Gurira, would no longer be appearing. This was more of a blow to Jenna's sister, who's a major TWD fan. We pre-ordered a photo op and will receive our refund on Tuesday.

We got to the show about 5 minutes before 10 and were pretty much let in right away. We were almost trampled by a group of people who were running to play some video game. One of the guys running that booth freaked the fuck out on them and it felt like a riot was about to happen. I have no clue what it was all about but it was kinda scary.

We browsed around, eventually ending up downstairs and in Artist's Alley where I spotted Star Trek author Peter David. He's written a number of Star Trek novels but is particularly known for his Star Trek: New Frontier book series, which I really loved. He signed my Star Trek: New Frontier "No Limits" book for free. Really nice guy. I then went upstairs and found the Headlocked booth but was told that they weren't lining up people for Trish and Lita until 12:30 ISH.

After some more browsing and grabbing some delicious mac & cheese, we headed back inside where I went back to the Headlock booth and was absolutely floored by the line for Lita and Trish. It was monstrous, expanding several asiels -- and they weren't even signing yet!

I then went back downstairs for my photo op with Danielle Fishel, who was an absolute sweetheart.

After that, I went back upstairs to see if the line for Trish/Lita had died down but it looked like it had only grown. Thankfully, one of the Headlocked employees (who also happens to be a friend of mine!) told me that the line was for Trish **and** Lita duo photo ops and I could just walk up to the table for the combo. Trish was really nice and super beautiful in person. She was a big, big want of mine for a while and I was glad to finally have met her. I got her autograph in my Encyclopedia.

And that's pretty much that. Nice and easy:

Autographs:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: ICW's New York Comic Con 2018

Post by lanza218 »

Glad it was easy man. Nice pic and graphs
adelta2131
Marked Out King

Post by adelta2131 »

Nice Danielle photo! She's one of my celebrity crushes when I was younger!
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Why didn't you get the other Boy Meets World actors?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Excellent stuff man!
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Cool stuff, and yes, Peter David's Trek novels are very good, read them for decades now.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast