NYCC FRIDAY: THE GOOD THE BAD THE UGLY

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Lets get right into day 2, shall we? O0o0o0o0 we shall

GOOD: Got a good spot on this day and started getting wants. Now I was alone at the time and with people moving quick didn’t want to risk using my camera, and I really am not too good at a selfie, so I decided to use my cam for today. So when I saw Rickie Whittle, who I got last year, I decoded to test it out, and well results weren’t great

Image20181005_104653 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Made some adjustments and seemed to work out the rest of the day. Next up the cast of the new cartoon Rise of the TMNT showed up and neded mostly all the cast

Omar Benson Miller was incredibly nice and did pics for evyerone as this was his first NYCC.

Image20181005_104748 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Next was Brandon Mychal Smith from one of my fav TV shows, You’re the Worst. He was having a great time, made small talk for everyone, and was pumped about the final season.

Image20181005_105007 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Kat Graham came right over and also did pics for everyone. Super nice.

Image20181005_105307 by Lanza218, on Flickr

I spot another cast member Josh Brener and quietly call him over for a quick pic, you could tell he didn’t want to do a lot in a big crowd, but was fine with me,

Image20181005_105358 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Next some people I had already came over so I skipped, and insert JERRY smiley showed up as well. However, Jason David Frank came down the line so grabbed a quick pic with him

Image20181005_105418 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Jenny Slate, another want, showed up and was very nice to all, a big difference from a few years ago. Of course people had to tell their life stories so she was rushed towards the end but made sure everyone got a photo.

Image20181005_121204 by Lanza218, on Flickr

A surprise appearance by someone who I kept missing the past year or so, Dan Fogler, quiet but nice.

Image20181005_125055 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Ended up getting a compelte POKEMON for me in Josh Bowman

Image20181005_132105 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Met up with my tag team partner Greg and moved to a different spot for Anthoyn Starr from Banshee and spoiler alert he was a total asshole for no reason. But not all was lost

Saw Patton Oswalt try and sneak out and I was the only one to approach him, he asked if I was sure I wanted a pic, I nod, he let out a long sigh but did it. God Forbid if I even tried to make small talk.

Image20181005_143426 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Next saw David Ajala and was really nice, and grabbed a quick pic

Image20181005_151429 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Then the whole Anthony Starr fiasco, but ended up grabbing a pic with Supernatural creator Eric Kripke

Image20181005_161541 by Lanza218, on Flickr

We also saw a mystery person go inside, head wrapped in a towel, sunglasses, shirt over head, and an Umbrella, youd think Madonna was going in, but alas it was only Simon Pegg who did nothing leaving

Decided to go inside for the WWE signing and waited for over an hour, Paige was in a rush but did pics with people while on line so grabbed a quick one

Image20181005_172230 by Lanza218, on Flickr

I really could not say enough good things about the other 3 ladies, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, and Cathy Kelly. Commented on my Macho Man shirt, there was also a profession photographer o hand but told them to just not take my photo. Got a placemat signed which I thought I took a pic of but will readd it later. They offered me a doughnut and I happiy MOOCHED it.

ImageIMG_2304 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Exiting the Javitz was a nightmare and found myself in a swarm of people who were tramplig each other for a BigMouth funko giveaway, got my hands on one somehow, and raced back outside just in time to see Anthony Starr deny us yet again. And for me to get an op with someone I have no clue who it is!!!

Image20181005_181338 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Att this point someone continues to tap me on the shoulder and I was told not to step on her bag, which was just laying in the middle of the sidewalk, I asked why its on thre, and she proceeds to tell me this convo is done, so I began yelling like a maniac and snapping, between that and people getting the same pic with the same erson and leaving no room for me to enter. Next pic was Chace Crawford and on principal I got the op

Image20181005_180708 by Lanza218, on Flickr

One security guard is now being a dick, and I try to squeeze between Class and Jerr who already have the next person but I needed and I couldn’t get through, I go around the barracade and thank god greg yelled for Mr Simon Pegg to stop, needed him for years, was in a rush but took a quick pic

Image20181005_180602 by Lanza218, on Flickr

Finally for me, Ellen Page came out and was super nice, got her just as the sun was setting on my day

Image20181005_184849 by Lanza218, on Flickr

BAD: Legs were killing me all day, the damn photobombers!!!!, learning how to drive toll free from NY to VA fo r about 20 minutes, in full detail of the roads,

UGLY: already coverd how people get multiple ops, and that concludes day 2!
class316
Marked Out God

Re: NYCC FRIDAY: THE GOOD THE BAD THE UGLY

Post by class316 »

A few notes:

Lanza was not outspoken that he wanted to take my spot to get someone I already have. Had I been made aware before the fact and not after, I would have happily given him my spot.

If a donuts was "offered" then how was it "mooched"? You can't mooch something that is given free to you. That's like me saying I went to walmart and mooched water from their water fountain. It's just something there that is offered.

People telling life stories in street setting is juts downright rude and inconsiderate.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Maybe Lanza's best NYCC day in years, having seen all the shots. Many I did not witness, though I did play traffic cop by screaming and waving Pegg his way. Another one I no longer have to hear about "needing"....Patton.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

class316 wrote: October 12th, 2018, 12:39 am A few notes:

Lanza was not outspoken that he wanted to take my spot to get someone I already have. Had I been made aware before the fact and not after, I would have happily given him my spot.

If a donuts was "offered" then how was it "mooched"? You can't mooch something that is given free to you. That's like me saying I went to walmart and mooched water from their water fountain. It's just something there that is offered.

People telling life stories in street setting is juts downright rude and inconsiderate.
Class is prob right as I was just a lunatic at that stage!!

Shadddduuupppp greeeegggggggggg
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

A really great day!!
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Great shots! How was the doughnut?
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Since free was the most delicious morsel I have ever eaten!!!!!!!
capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman »

and a..wakka, wakka!
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Good to see a rare Lanza report.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: