JOresky's New York Comic Con 2018 Day 4 Report

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's New York Comic Con 2018 Day 4 Report

Post by Joresky »

Sunday (day 4) was the last day of New York Comic Con and the last day of my almost week long NYC trip. Like most days it wasn't perfect but I scored some cool new photo ops. My first spot of the day was for Taika Watiti who is the director of Thor Ragnarok (an excellent and funny Marvel movie) and What We Do in the Shadows. I saw Taika walking down the street and he instantly got mobbed by the autograph dealers. Luckily I was still able to score a selfie with him during the chaos. Unfortunately the photo isn't perfect (slightly out of focus) but I guess I was lucky to get that considering the situation. I also got a selfie with actor Jermaine Clement (What We Do in the Shadows). Before I left this spot I scored selfies with Adam Savage (co host of Mythbusters) and Aisha Tyler (TVs Archer.. update).

After this I went to another spot to try to meet actor Jay Baruchel. When Jay arrives he does some photos and then goes in but unfortunately I wasn't able to score one. I went to get my professional photo with actress Teri Hatcher dressed as Lois Lane from Lois and Clark the New Adventures of Superman. I already had a photo with Teri from the street but it was slightly out of focus and in this photo she would be suited as Lois Lane so I figured that would definitely make it worth it. Unfortunately by the time I got back to the other spot I found out that Jay Baruchel had left and he did do photos when he left. I was kinda bummed about this but oh well, life goes on. Next I scored selfies with actor Francois Amaud (Midnight Texas... update), Scott Speiser (The Tick... update) and Peter Serafinowicz (The Tick.. fresh op). At this point the con was over so I went to one final spot before ending my trip.

I arrived at the final stop of the trip and right away I saw my buddy Jose waiting with his two sons. We spotted actress Cara Delevingne (Enchantress in Suicide Squad) and surprisingly she does photos for us. I had seen her in the past and she was pretty difficult so this was a very cool score. She stood outside smoking for 5 to 10 minutes so I was able to text my friend Francesco who was eating dinner across the street and he ran over and got a photo with her as well. The only other name I got at this spot was actor Chad Coleman (TVs The Walking Dead) so I got an updated photo with him. He said RIP Scott right before we got our photos in reference to the passing of actor Scott Wilson who played Herschel in The Walking Dead. Overall I had a great and successful trip. I wasn't able to score every photo that I wanted but that was expected since many of the meets were not guaranteed. This trip was so draining I was happy to finally go home and relax for a spell.
Me and actress Teri Hatcher
Me and actress Teri Hatcher
Me and actress Cara Delevingne
Me and actress Cara Delevingne
Me and director Taika Watiti
Me and director Taika Watiti
Me and actor Jermaine Clement
Me and actor Jermaine Clement
Me and actor Peter Serafinowicz
Me and actor Peter Serafinowicz
Me and actor Scott Speiser
Me and actor Scott Speiser