Fighting the Good Fight with Harry Potter

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Fighting the Good Fight with Harry Potter

Post by Btvsp3 »

I debated making a report about my NYCC weekend, but with over 80 pictures it was just too time consuming so add me on Facebook or Instagram to see my pics. Plus a lot of it was standing around or frantic running so none of it makes for a particularly fun story.

But last night I went to a spot for the cast of one of my current favorite shows The Good Fight. My main want is Christine Baranski who I've been a fan of since her days on Cybill in the 90s. So I head in early and am surprised by the number of graphers at the spot. And then I remember that Rose Leslie is best known for Game of Thrones and me being the only person on this planet that doesn't watch the show could care less. I am surprised to see :greg: here though, which is good because I don't really like any of the people already waiting there.

The cast all arrives at different times and most either won't stop or are completely rushed. The nicest of the bunch is Michael Boatman who stops for the few who want him. He asks if I'm going inside and I tell him I wish but can't afford it right now. He tells me he understands. $50 plus fees for a panel and no meet and greet? Count me out. I also get him to sign my cast piece. His autograph ended up coming out the best. I have terrible luck with Sharpies.

Christine heads in with full security to ensure we don't stop her and while everyone is pre-occupied Audra McDonald sneaks in too and I try to stop her, but she either can't hear me or ignores me. I also miss Sarah Steele go in during all the commotion. :facepalm2: Though Christine's people says maybe on the way out, but I'm not holding out much hope for that.

A car pulls up and everyone assumes it's going to be Rose Leslie until one of the workers sees all the 8x10s and says "You do know she's not coming tonight?". Apparently Rose cancelled last minute and all the graphers start to disperse looking broken and defeated. :hah: Actually getting out of the car is Cush Jumbo. No one stops her except for me to ask for a photo. She agrees but says to make it fast!

By this point Greg leaves and I attempt some small talk with the others waiting but none seem particularly interested in talking to me. Guess I'll go fuck myself! So after waiting around in mostly silence for an hour the panel finally lets out. Cush comes out and she signs my book that she was too rushed to sign on the way in. Next is Sarah Steele who plays one of my favorite characters. No one stops her as she's probably the least famous member of the cast. She signs my book and exclaims "Oh my god what is this?!" and one of her people responds "That's one of our press books but I don't know how he got it". She replies "I want one of these, can I have one?" and they agree to try to get her one of the books. :hahaaa: She also happily agrees to a picture and once people figure out she's a celebrity they circle around for selfies.

Next out is Audra who signs for some people and even though I got a good spot vultures swoop in and surround her making it impossible to get to her. I manage to get her to sign my book but am not able to obtain the selfie before security steps in and scoops her off to her car. Christine and Nyambi Nyambi come out next and Christine actually stops and agrees to sign 1 per person, but makes no mention of photos. She goes down the line, but before she can get to me she says she has to go and heads off. :punches: I do get a picture with Nyambi and get him to sign my book.

But it's at this point when people are too busy with Nyambi that I notice Christine's not getting in a car, she heading into the restaurant next door! Everyone leaves and he sticks around to take care of literally everyone. Super nice guy. I sneak over to the restaurant and wait around for her to leave. I was told by several people that she doesn't do crowds, but if you catch her one on one she'll likely do it so this is great! Literally everyone leaves and I'm the only person waiting. About an hour later the door opens and Christine Baranksi comes out laughing hysterically and looking kinda drunk. She finishes her conversation with the woman she's with about filming and I take my chance and approach. I politely ask for a picture and she takes of her glasses, looks around briefly and says "Of course darling". :score: I also get her to sign my book and the woman with her replies "There'a s Good Fight book?" and she responds "Of course there's a book!" and laughs. She also marvels that i got the rest of the cast of it! Now this is where I'm kicking myself. I also brought my Cybill DVD boxset just in case and a couple shows up and starts chatting with her but I completely forget about my set and we all say goodnight and I thank her. In hindsight she 100% would've signed my set but hindsight is always 20/20.

I'm done with this much later than I was hoping to be so I am forced to run about 5 blocks to where Daniel Radcliffe is. I know he's about as nice as it gets as I've already been to this spot for him before, but now I'm running really late so the spot is absolutely packed! I get there 10 minutes before Daniel comes out and he takes care of literally every single person waiting for him. EVERY SINGLE ONE. And it's a lot. So it takes time for him to get down to me but once he does he signs my Funko pop and I get the picture no problem. First I'll include last night's gets from him and then what I got previously.

So with 6 gets and 1 miss I end my night on an up note! And I'll definitely be heading back to Daniel again in the future!
Last edited by Btvsp3 on October 16th, 2018, 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
Joresky

Re: Fighting with Good Fight with Harry Potter

Post by Joresky »

Awesome scores!! :like: Congrats
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Fighting the Good Fight with Harry Potter

Post by lanza218 »

Great work
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

:rackfest: at that spot for a TV show you actually watch. That is NOT an easy place to get a cast. Well Done! Yes, very nice DanRad stuff.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Great stuff!!
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Wow, awesome stuff!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/