Greg's Maryland Day Trip to Monster and Balty

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Greg's Maryland Day Trip to Monster and Balty

Post by Greg2600 »

I had a few choices on how to travel, including car, train or bus. In the end, I chose car as it was most flexible, though not the cheapest. I hit the highway around 7:45, and flew down in about two and a half hours to good ole Hunt Valley. Parked, retrieved my wristband and surveyed the mess inside. “Mayor” Kane wasn’t due until 11AM, so I decided to get a comic book graph from Robert Patrick upstairs first. He was a riot as usual. Spotted CFD and Class in there.

Headed downstairs, where as usual you can barely walk around, and low and behold Ray Wise is trying to do the same right in front of me. I did get the cheapy photo with Mr. Wise, who I’m happy to finally meet.

There was a bit of a confused wait for Kane, as they had a line outside, but didn’t come and get anyone, so we just went back inside and formed a line. Did the Kane combo, completing the WWF mag with Taker on it.

Kane

Patrick

Wise

That was basically that for MM, with Class helping on the mooch front. I drove us down to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor district for the Baltimore Comic Con. I haven’t been down there since the Baltimore Grand Prix I used to attend as recent as 5 years ago. We parked cheap and walked over, with Class mooching admittance. Got inside, and good Lord, the huge convention center was covered with vendors. Yet for some idiotic reason, the pro photo area was tiny, and caused big delays. Most were not at their table so I waited for the Wil Wheaton pro op. Saw JOresky, Tony Rueben, and Troy from VA there. Wil is still no touch but he was very nice. After delay, got the 8x10 and later JPEG, and moved on.

Last op was at the table for Tricia Helfer, who is still so gorgeous. Loved her on the new BSG and Chuck. With that, I dropped you know who back in Hunt Valley, and drove home.

Downtown Baltimore has some great early 20th century architecture.

Image Image

Image Image
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Re: Greg's Maryland Day Trip to Monster and Balty

Post by Btvsp3 »

Jealous of a lot of this! Great shots!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben »

Great report and awesome photos, Greg! You got everyone I wanted to get at MM but I just couldn't make it work to do both.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Awesome stuff and I LOVE that magazine signed by Undertaker and Kane. Awesome.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Masked Kane is a great shot!