Greg's September Catch-Up #2 - Kink, Ving, Tom Arnold, Bell, Hal, Joel

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Greg's September Catch-Up #2 - Kink, Ving, Tom Arnold, Bell, Hal, Joel

Post by Greg2600 »

Prior to the trip to AC for the NJ Horror Con, I hit a spot in NYC prior to catching the bus. Dave Davies from The Kinks was due, but he showed up like half an hour late, so they rushed him in. I did have a chuckle at the dopes holding full guitars, yet hadn’t taken the plastic wrap off them yet. Dave was nice on the way out though. While I was there, also got Monica Barbaro, who will star in the Top Gun sequel Maverick.

Davies

Monica

Much, much later that evening, on the way back from AC, my buddy dropped me to my car, and I headed back to NYC. Thanks to a last minute tip from AJLe, I went for Lee Ving of the punk band Fear, and of course, Mr. Body in Clue. They played to quite a feisty crowd, with several people puking all over the street after the show. I also saw a few concert goer women being handcuffed and taken out by law enforcement. Eventually Lee and his original drummer Tim Leitch aka Spit Stix, left the building and were very cool with the few fans waiting. I got a photo with Lee, but it was kind of fuzzy, so I got a redo with both guys. Unfortunately the original guitarist, Philo Kramer, only played on the reunion tour earlier in the year.

Lee and Spit Stix

A booker friend of mine put together a small Seinfeld/Curb comedy panel so I swung by to check it out. It was really funny, featuring Richard Herd, Tom Leopold (Seinfeld writer), Angela Dohrmann (Donna Chang on Seinfeld) and Iris Bahr (Curb guest star). I got pics with the actresses and Tom, though Richard I met before at a Chiller.

Dohrmann

Bahr

Leopold

Herd

I was able to make it late one night for Tom Arnold, who was appearing on a late night program. Tom is wacky, that’s for sure, but loved him in True Lies and of course, Car Pool!

Fast forward to the following week, which began with my attempt to get another long-time want, the lovely Kristen Bell, aka Ms. Veronica Mars. I went to a morning spot I don’t particularly enjoy, but Kristen did stop and was quite nice. I got the photo (goofy 50’s glasses and all) and she briskly signed my Fanboys DVD. I hit a messy spot to get Alexander Skarsgaard to sign my True Blood piece, and was successful. Sarah Brightman, the opera singer was there, but only signed on the way out, doing maybe two photos. I got something signed for a grapher friend, as I didn’t care.

Bell

True Blood

I returned to the zoo a few days later, hoping to get the quite old “Barney Miller,” Hal Linden. When he left, he was very nice, and stopped for all who wanted him. Next up was Cedric the Entertainer, who also was very cool on the way out. At this point, I decided to wait for a few friends (Josh and Francesco) to leave, and find somewhere else to go. They waited for rapper M.I.A., who did literally nothing. Now, you might think that waiting another 90 minutes would be a waste? Well, it was, until the “random” cackles on my neck went up. I saw a guy I thought I recognized but wasn’t sure, so I told those two (who were clueless to this) to follow me. I approached, and asked, “hey, are you Joel Schumacher?” He said yes, and I replied that I’m a big fan. He laughed and said, “well I wish I was.” He then proceeded to ask our names and what we did for work and whatnot, really a sweet guy. Got a few photos, and we continued on our way.

Linden

CTE

Schumacher

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Greg's September Catch-Up #2 - Kink, Ving, Tom Arnold, Bell, Hal, Joel

Post by WOODMO »

Great Kristen Bell!
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Post by Btvsp3 »

Super jealous of Kristen. Definitely one of my top wants. Pic came out great!
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
vmars322
Marking Out Amateur

Post by vmars322 »

Awesome Kristen Bell!! She was the first celeb I ever met at a convention.
Joresky

Post by Joresky »

Awesome stuff :like: ..id love to meet Kristen Bell and Joel Schumacher one day
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

wow Kristen Bell. Failed on her in the past.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets