A Chilly Chiller

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
billybatson22
Marking Out Amateur

A Chilly Chiller

Post by billybatson22 » October 27th, 2018, 12:19 am

This evening I headed out with the boys for our bi-annual Chiller Theatre festivties. Tailgate was great, even though the weather was colder than usual, and what helped was nailing a room at the Hilton at the last second for nearly next to nothing due to one of my friend's connections. The crowd was neither heavy nor light and the mood in the air was nothing out of sorts. I will get right to it then..

First up was Carmen Electra. She was out and about at 5:05pm which is great with the VIP. Very friendly. Talks to you, hugs you and a $50 photo-op. Best part of this was her handlers begging us on line if we wanted Pauly Shore (who we could later see was acting like a douche to HIS handlers and anyone in contact with him.)
Carmen Electra.jpg
Next was Jill Whelan, "Vicki" from "Love Boat." No one on her line, Took two seconds and not only does she look great but was so very nice. $30 for the photo-op.
Jill Whelan.jpg
Banged out Vincent Curtola AKA Johnny Sack from "The Sopranos." Nice guy. Loved that I told him I would put the photo up on Twitter. $40 combo.
Johnny Sack.jpg
The whole time I was looking for Felix Silla, "Cousin Itt" and "Twiki" from "Buck Rogers" to add to my "Addams Family" cast shot, but he was nowhere to be found. We later found out the poor guy lost his luggage with all of his photos and trinkets for sale. He signed what I had and took a photo op all for $30. Felt really bad for him.
Silla.jpg
One of the more interesting guys (if you haven't met him before) is Jackson Bostwick, the original Captain Marvel from the 70s "Shazam!" tv show. Besides being pricey ($50 an autograph) the dude has some great stories and does NOT mind throwing anyone and anything under the bus. "The new Shazam movie looks like shit!" for example.
Shazam.jpg
The longest line we waited on was for Jeffrey Vorhees who played Alex Kinter, the kid who gets eaten on his raft, in "Jaws". What a GREAT guy! He added his line from the movie and signed wherever and what ever you wanted, including my friend's movie poster. Soon after, I got Kim Fields to sign my "Tootie" figure from Target and TK Carter on a rare "Doctor Detroit" photo.
Tootie.jpg
TK Carter.jpg
Lastly, one of the more incredible and rare meets EVER at Chiller for me was Frank Romano. An artist in his mid 90s, he designed EVERY SINGLE Ben Cooper Halloween costume ever made. If you are too young to know what they are, Google them. They were the thing back when I was young. I bought a Mr. Spock one cheap for $30 and had him sign it. He mentioned what great shape it was in. He said he worked all year to make children happy for one day. WOW! $25 for combo and WELL WORTH IT!
Romano 1.jpg
Romano 2.jpg
Romano 3.jpg
Well..I hope you enjoyed my report! Lastly, to all who do submit reports, I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoy them. God seeing you tonight AJ!

16times
Marked Out King

Re: A Chilly Chiller

Post by 16times » October 27th, 2018, 4:05 am

Great report !
Do you think Pauly Shore sold out of his $60 pro photo ops ? :hahaaa:

I'm having pangs here in Virginia sitting this show out. I miss seeing my buddies.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » October 27th, 2018, 9:45 am

enjoyed reading, not sure I'm going to put up a report, but I'm a less is more guy and thought the show was good and the guest were very nice. It seems the worst the guest list, the better the experience for some reason. Going back either today or tomorrow with my kids and to help a buddy out and should be even better on Sundays when it's more fan and family friendly. I still need to hit one of these Billy Batson tailgate parties in the future. :)

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » October 27th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Great stuff

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 27th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Awesome!!!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 27th, 2018, 10:27 pm

Great report Vin, must have missed you all night. Then again, I sat in a line for 1/2 of it.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » October 29th, 2018, 8:14 am

Great stuff! Good seeing you too at the show.

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 29th, 2018, 9:35 am

Awesome stuff! Really love the signed Mr Spock costume.. where did you find it? So cool :like:

billybatson22
Marking Out Amateur

Post by billybatson22 » October 29th, 2018, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

To answer the last question, there was a vendor at the show who had ZERO idea what he was doing, selling items at costs way below their worth. For example I got this Spock costume for $30 (unopened). Even Mr. Romano told me its one of the nicest he has seen. Some opened Spocks are being offered up on eBay much higher!

Truth be told, I literally stole this Vintage Planet of the Apes Treehouse from the same vendor for WAY under market value.

See? There IS good deals at Chiller!
POTA Treehouse.jpg

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 29th, 2018, 2:25 pm

The dude probably got the stuff free! Awesome find though.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com