Big Names and Old Dames in the Cold!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Big Names and Old Dames in the Cold!

Post by Greg2600 » November 17th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Headed out to the Big Event XVfar later than usual, since I needed just a few people. Arrived around noon, parked a few blocks up the hill, and walked a few minutes in. Got a wristband, and decided to get a Goldust painted op, since it was not that much. His handler complained about RICC. After that I returned to the hallway section, and got a photo with Norman Smiley, who I really got a kick out of in the old WCW. Also got a photo with Val Venis, who claimed to be very high. I made my way into the main room, and after circling I located Barry Horowitz, everyone’s favorite self-confident jobber. He mentioned that he had a bad back for a long time, but was good now and would be making a lot of appearances. With that I was done. Checked my time stamps, I spent literally FIFTEEN minutes inside the hotel! Walked back to my car.

Goldust

Norman

Val

Barry

I stopped somewhere for lunch, and found a spot featuring the new Robin Hood movie cast. It was horribly windy and cold, resulting in a literally bone chilling experience. People I knew there all bailed and went elsewhere, but I stuck it out. Ben Mendelsohn left, but I had him already. Had the others left around this time, I would have been okay. However, I was just flat out freezing, so I had to keep running across the street to warm up in a Starbucks. I had no choice. While I was in there, Taron Edgerton walked out, jumped into a car, and left. Oh well. I decided to wait out there awhile, and thank the Combo Gods I did! Jamie Foxx, by far the most difficult one there, walked out. I asked for a photo, and he agreed without hesitation. I waited another few minutes, but again, I was frozen, so run to the Starbucks. While I was in there, I saw a car pull up, and Viola Davis got out and zoomed inside. Oh well again. I waited a bit outside again, but freezing, had to retreat. While I was in there, Jamie Dornan ran out and into a car before I could get over there. Oh well yet again. I supposed one out of four ain’t bad when the one is a huge want!

Foxx

Shiver me timbers! Well my friend wanted to go for some “older folks” at an event for Olympia Dukakis. I said fine, though nobody on the list really excited me. Anywho, the crowd spilled out onto the sidewalk, which is always delightful. We waited for the actresses to disperse, and although Olympia was a bit tough, the rest were nice as can be. Firstly I spotted Kevin Kline and Austin Pendleton chatting, so I took my friend’s picture. Then we got Diane Ladd, who in a long and storied career, I’ll most remember as Clark’s mom in Christmas Vacation! Lainie Kazan was accompanying Ladd, so we got photos with her as well. This was a good one for me, as she was terrific in The Delta Force and hilarious as the neighbor in Harry and the Hendersons. He spotted Lynn Cohen from Sex and the City and The Hunger Games, so got her photo as well. Lastly, before we left I noticed Michael Stuhlbarg waiting in line, and he’s a big Boardwalk Empire want of mine. In the past, he’s escaped me, but he was nice tonight.

Dukakis

Stuhlbarg

Ladd

Lainie

Cohen

Continuing on the “older folk” quest, I went to another spot for Nathan Lane, who only signed on entry, so I got him on the same photo as Sabella. I was happy to see Estelle Parsons from Roseanne slowly make her way in, but she was very nice. Lastly, I was finally able to get one with Christine Baranski from The Ref and Mama Mia.

Baranski

Estelle

Lane/Sabella 8x10

After this, I walked with a few people to a spot for husband and wife duo John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. I’ve seen Emily many times in the past, and she usually does nothing. However, I’d seen many people get her lately as she’s promoted A Quiet Place with her husband. Anywho, they had a personal guard there ahead of time, who had the 6 or 7 of us line up, and said as long as we were calm, they would comply. They did indeed, and I finally got Emily as well as a Krasinski upgrade. I returned to the Nathan spot, but he refused to take photos and walked away.

Emily

John

Before calling it a night, I stopped by this big shindig for Billy Crystal. Lots of collectors and dealers were all over the place. However, I heard Smokey Robinson was there, and that he did it walking on the way in. I really wanted him so I stuck it out despite the cold. Eventually it began drizzling (lovely) but we got Smokey as he walked out! Big names like Bette Midler, Robert Deniro and Meg Ryan all snuck out, while the front side was clogged with people. I tried to get Bernie Williams and Joe Torre, but they were run out into cars due to the rain. I did get Josh Gad though, as he left, while Ben Schwartz I missed, having to choose between the two, Gad is a bit harder to get.

Smokey

Gad
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Big Names and Old Dames in the Cold!

Post by WOODMO » November 17th, 2018, 5:51 pm

Great Blunt and Foxx!!

yosemitechris
Marked Out King

Post by yosemitechris » November 17th, 2018, 8:46 pm

foxx & smokey are both great photo ops, very cool!

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » November 18th, 2018, 6:52 am

Emily Blunt - Wow, really nice. And I am always surprised how accomidating Smokey is , and how well he takes photos. Worth freezing for!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » November 18th, 2018, 11:21 am

capman wrote:
November 18th, 2018, 6:52 am
Emily Blunt - Wow, really nice. And I am always surprised how accomidating Smokey is , and how well he takes photos. Worth freezing for!
From what i hear, he almost never signs but still does photos.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » November 19th, 2018, 3:11 am

Wow lucky score on Foxx one of the many times I failed on him was that exact spot you got him there. What bad luck I have.

Those old folks, damn good scores.

Yea Smokey is always awesome about ops but won't sign.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Joresky

Post by Joresky » November 19th, 2018, 8:52 am

So many great scores!! Jamie Foxx has turned me down several times... maybe hes getting nicer. Emily Blunt looks amazing as always :like: