A quick NYC pit stop in October

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
class316
Marked Out God

A quick NYC pit stop in October

Post by class316 »

With NYCC in the rear view mirror, I would make my second (but not last) stop in NYC during the month of October. I had a non-combo related endeavor. So I would combine that with some celebrities.

My first stop would be for actor Jeremy Jordan. At this spot I get Eugene Lee and Jeremy Jordan who are both nice. Kerri Washington was due to come out and I wanted a better shot plus autos. But they said no photo ops and it didn't look like she was doing anything besides show programs. So I bailed early to head for Megalyn Echikunwoke. Sadly she bailed early so I just got Stockard Channing autographs (she had shut down photo ops at that point and would later shut down autographs). Tried another spot but nothing good was there.

Wake up next morning and my first spot is for Matthew Gray Gubler of Criminal Minds and the voice of Simon in the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. I already have Alvin and Theodore so may as well get Simon. He didn't do it going in but leaving he was nice as can be despite a HUGE crowd. Also grabbed some barely valids while there. One guy I got that seems like he might get somewhere in the future is Aidan Alexander.

At the same spot, the band Disturbed was due. When I tried for them in the past I got all but the lead singer David Draiman. So this was my chance to redeem this without dedicating an evening outside a concert venue! When they go in I managed to get all except the non-original bassist (fine by me as I already have him).

Before leaving the city I decided to try entries for one last event. Molly Ringwald was due so I figured may as well try for her and randoms. Sadly she blanks as expected (despite my pleas). And while this spot did bring in some good randoms, they were randoms I had. Rose Byrne and Gerard Butler. With that defeat I exited NYC.

Full list of photo ops: https://image.ibb.co/f5vdc0/nyc.jpg

Jeremy Jordan

Matthew Gray Gubler

David Draiman

Autographs
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets