Giant Ghostly Orphans find a Kingpin in Jumanji

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Giant Ghostly Orphans find a Kingpin in Jumanji

Post by Greg2600 » November 20th, 2018, 11:04 pm

Despite being in mid-November, it got absurdly cold and that continued. Unfortunately my luck remained quite frozen. I tried for Michael B. Jordan at a spot several times, but either didn’t see him or he was in a hurry and ran. I was able to get Elizabeth Dibecki there, who is tough, although director Steve McQueen was not very friendly and either denied or ran. Needing to get SOMEBODY, I hit a spot for new film Green Brook director Peter Farrelly. You may have heard of him, he also did Dumb and Dumber, Kingpin (my favorite), There’s Something About Mary, Stuck on You, etc. Ha ha, along with his brother Bobby, a true king of comedy. Peter was super nice, and I quickly left to try for Vera Farmiga, who basically blanked as usual. While I was gone, people saw Samuel L. Jackson nearby and eventually got him to do photos. Argh!!!!!

Farrelly

Dibecki

Continuing, I drafted poor Lanza into all this muck, first failing for Jordan (above), next we tried for Martin Scorsese, but were told he was only signing, no photos, so we left. He in fact only signed. Next we were the only two waiting at a spot for Heather Graham, but unbelievably she snuck out! Lanza went home, while I went to a spot I figured was done with. Thankfully it wasn’t and I was able to get a photo with Bonnie Hunt, who I’ve enjoyed in comedies for years! She couldn’t have been nicer. I returned to the Creed stuff, hoping for Brigitte Nielsen, but she no showed this spot. I got director Steven Caple and Florian Munteanu, who plays the son of Ivan Drago. I didn’t feel like waiting for Michael B. again, only to be denied in the frigid cold, so I went home.

Bonnie

Florian

Caple

This happens at various times during the fall, that former players and Super Bowl champions for the NY Football Giants, appear at local supermarkets. I picked up an old friend Doug, and drove first to a meet for LB Carl Banks. I met him with Lanza, but needed his autograph on my SB XXI piece, plus I found an old card. Banks showed up half an hour late, but his line was quick, and we were out before 1pm. Drove 15 minutes to the next one, and thankfully, SB XXV MVP RB Ottis Anderson was still there with no line, so I got a few old cards signed and the photo (fresh for me). Not sure if we had time for the third spot, but went anyway. 10 minutes later, got a photo with OL David Diehl, from SB XLII and XLVI winners. Not bad, all free, and on home we went.

Banks

Anderson

Diehl

Signed stuff

Last tale had me rushing to try to get Tatyana Ali in NYC, but by the time I got there, she’d left. I tried another nearby spot for Tisha Campbell and Tichina Arnold from the Martin series. As I scooted up, they were doing group shots together, but I barely got there for Tisha while the other one was already heading to the car.

Tisha

Later on I tried a spot with a number of regulars for big names like Deniro, Scorsese, DiCaprio, etc. This was a complete bust, as several people I wanted didn’t go, and the big names did nothing. In fact, on the way in, no one did a thing. Also passed by a film set, where the lone name in the cast I wanted, was not there! I decided to get several “easy” names at a spot though. Got a good spot for the people I wanted, as I assumed few from the crowd would be stopping them. Easy gets were Ron Canada, character actor who often portrays a judge or cop, Nick Wyman aka Targo the henchman in Die Hard with a Vengeance, and lastly Nicholas Guest, who played the headmaster on USA High, and the neighbor in Christmas Vacation. The bigger stars, Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) and Tony Goldwyn (Ghost, Scandal) exited, and they did a bunch. I caught them at the end of the line and got photos. Goldwyn had actually denied me a couple times in the past, ha ha. I waited around for Bryan Cranston, and he took a ton of photos, but in my position, he was going to get over here last. He did, but his driver cut it off before I got a chance, oh well.

Maslany

Goldwyn

Wyman

Canada
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Re: Giant Ghostly Orphans find a Kingpin in Jumanji

Post by Joresky » November 21st, 2018, 8:54 am

Wow lots of great gets!! Congrats!! :like: