Report Rules - New Users Must Read

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7092
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by WOODMO » December 5th, 2010, 1:28 pm

I just wanted to make a clear concise summary of the rules we have in regards to reports so new users would be aware.
  • 1- If the meet didn't take place at an autograph signing, book signing or convention, you cannot post where the meet took place. We diligently work to preserve spots from becoming blown up so keeping the information sharing to a minimum is a requirement.

    2- We don't allow users to post reports that link to other sites or forums. If you want to post a report, please copy and paste all images and text. We don't want our users being forced to go elsewhere to read a simple report.

    3- Do not, I repeat do not ask users where "free meets" took place. On the same note, do not respond if someone asks. Asking and providing information can both lead to bans. If someone private messages you asking for info, please report them to us and we will deal with them.

User avatar
BigChaChingBlue
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 180
Joined: September 21st, 2010, 10:54 pm
Location: Central, New Jersey

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by BigChaChingBlue » December 5th, 2010, 1:53 pm

WOODMO at his best once again. :bowdown:
Image

User avatar
BigChaChingBlue
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 180
Joined: September 21st, 2010, 10:54 pm
Location: Central, New Jersey

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by BigChaChingBlue » December 5th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Hollywood John Sig wrote:Blue, you are an idiot. This is for the good of the hobby, and nothing more.
Whats your problem? I agree with WOODMO on this. Why you acting all different toward me?
Image

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1755
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by cmshowstopper » December 5th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Hollywood John Sig wrote:well that came off as a sarcastic comment to me, so if you were serious then I apologize.
He always agrees with Woodmo.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 113
Joined: August 20th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » December 5th, 2010, 4:05 pm

maybe because I've only done the "meeting" thing once, I still have a hard time understanding the whole blowing up spots. I thought this was a site to help with meeting. again, not a rude comment or trying to start stuff, I just still don't understand.

User avatar
Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 113
Joined: August 20th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » December 5th, 2010, 4:06 pm

cmshowstopper wrote:
Hollywood John Sig wrote:well that came off as a sarcastic comment to me, so if you were serious then I apologize.
He always agrees with Woodmo.
we agree three times in a month. what in the world is going on?!?!?!

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7092
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by WOODMO » December 5th, 2010, 4:10 pm

BM_ToiletStopper wrote:maybe because I've only done the "meeting" thing once, I still have a hard time understanding the whole blowing up spots. I thought this was a site to help with meeting. again, not a rude comment or trying to start stuff, I just still don't understand.
I never intended to teach people how to do this stuff. This is a place to discuss signings and post reports, if someone doesn't know how to meet on their own I can care less, in fact I like that.

Blowing up spots is quite simple. If I post "I met Robert DeNiro at the Roman Hotel" then the next time he goes there, the crowds will grow and those people will tell more people. Before long the crowd is gigantic and nobody gets him.

Considering keeping spots protected is the single most important part of the hobby, I do help people in that way. If helping meant tell every moron that can't figure it out for themselves, then we'd be killing the hobby. Every WWE spot would have 100 fans, every celeb would have 200 and it'd be a disaster.

User avatar
Whole F'N Gigantor
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 113
Joined: August 20th, 2009, 3:01 pm

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by Whole F'N Gigantor » December 5th, 2010, 4:12 pm

WOODMO wrote:
BM_ToiletStopper wrote:maybe because I've only done the "meeting" thing once, I still have a hard time understanding the whole blowing up spots. I thought this was a site to help with meeting. again, not a rude comment or trying to start stuff, I just still don't understand.
I never intended to teach people how to do this stuff. This is a place to discuss signings and post reports, if someone doesn't know how to meet on their own I can care less, in fact I like that.

Blowing up spots is quite simple. If I post "I met Robert DeNiro at the Roman Hotel" then the next time he goes there, the crowds will grow and those people will tell more people. Before long the crowd is gigantic and nobody gets him.

Considering keeping spots protected is the single most important part of the hobby, I do help people in that way. If helping meant tell every moron that can't figure it out for themselves, then we'd be killing the hobby. Every WWE spot would have 100 fans, every celeb would have 200 and it'd be a disaster.
I gotcha now. thanks for clearing that up. I see what you mean a little clearer.

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7092
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by WOODMO » December 5th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Yeah I can get the confusion if you're not in the hobby. On the surface it seems like raw selfishness when it's actually essential. The true selfish people are the ones who run around telling everybody so they seem cool and "in the know". I heard from a friend who was doing some meeting the other day that a random fan told him the Jessica Simpson hotel spot in passing. It's the casual, uncensored spread of information which makes this shit impossible in a lot of cases.

Wrestling meeting fans can attest to that. It doesn't take much for a once useful spot to become total shit ala MSG.

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7092
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by WOODMO » December 5th, 2010, 4:27 pm

Hollywood John Sig wrote:yeah, not to mention the actual "blowup" factor when a friend tells a friend, who tells 2 friends, who tells 8 friends to be cool, who tell 3 more friends, and the next thing you know, the Mooch just killed Albany, I mean a spot is gone...
Yeah, that's another issue I wish more people got.

I know quite a few people I like, but that doesn't mean I tell them all info. In fact, I only tell about 3 people info. The people I tell I know for a fact only do this stuff solo or with me, meaning the info is contained in a circle. Each person you tell, has a few friends they would have to tell, who have friends they would have to tell. Nothing is ever as small as it seems.

Unless you tell someone with a small mouth and nonexistent circle of friends, you're never telling just one person.

tiscione

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by tiscione » December 5th, 2010, 5:36 pm

Hollywood John Sig wrote:...........and the next thing you know, the Mooch just killed Albany, I mean a spot is gone...
Image

User avatar
Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 179
Joined: September 30th, 2009, 9:37 pm
Location: I was Ova There, Now I'm Ova Here Now
Contact:

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by Doctor Satan » December 5th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Hollywood John Sig wrote:If this site started giving out locations, dates and times, you would see every filthy animal this side of the Atlantic at your local Hippos, chasing after people, making scenes, and giving the hobby a black eye in general with their behavior. Fans like that belong outside the arenas, not in real life situations.
[/ :outrage: ]

LOL @ Filthy animal

WOODMO wrote:Wrestling meeting fans can attest to that. It doesn't take much for a once useful spot to become total shit ala MSG.

The garden use to RULE. i remember the first time i went to MSG their was like a handfull of fans there and EVERYONE stopped and took pics and signed. now it's like Mongaloid mania. theres this one guy whos always there that thinks its cool to yell out the wrestlers name as they come up from the garage. I came so close so many times to just choking him to death but then realized i'm not goin to jail for killing this moron LOL

Hollywood John Sig wrote:yeah, not to mention the actual "blowup" factor when a friend tells a friend, who tells 2 friends, who tells 8 friends to be cool, who tell 3 more friends, and the next thing you know, the Mooch just killed Albany, I mean a spot is gone...

When i started doin this seriously in 1999 i only brang one friend with me and he NEVER told anyone. after goin to WWF NY/The world all the time i became friends with 2 guys that i'm still friends with to this day and between the 4 of us we NEVER told anyone anything. We would have PPL follow us after the show to see what hotel we went to but we always found a way to lose them. I remember when ever a garden show was announced my E-mail would blow up with the same question "Do you know where the WWF/E guys are staying after the MSG show" and my answer was the same then as it is now "No I Don't" i really did know but i dont give info out to just anyone. I remember i was talking to this chick at a garden show in 2005 and she offered me a little something something if i could get her to meet batista and at that time he stayed at a place with just a few ppl. so being the nice guy i am :roll: i took her there after the show and she got a pic with batista. then after that we went to her place and the rest is history :D

anthonyburris
Marked Out King
Posts: 764
Joined: October 7th, 2009, 1:00 am
Location: Euless Texas
Contact:

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by anthonyburris » December 5th, 2010, 7:35 pm

I remember i was talking to this chick at a garden show in 2005 and she offered me a little something something if i could get her to meet batista and at that time he stayed at a place with just a few ppl. so being the nice guy i am i took her there after the show and she got a pic with batista. then after that we went to her place and the rest is history
:howcoolisthat:
YES YES YES

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1755
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by cmshowstopper » December 5th, 2010, 10:22 pm

anthonyburris wrote:
I remember i was talking to this chick at a garden show in 2005 and she offered me a little something something if i could get her to meet batista and at that time he stayed at a place with just a few ppl. so being the nice guy i am i took her there after the show and she got a pic with batista. then after that we went to her place and the rest is history
:howcoolisthat:

And then he married her. :rofl:
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
Doctor Satan
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 179
Joined: September 30th, 2009, 9:37 pm
Location: I was Ova There, Now I'm Ova Here Now
Contact:

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by Doctor Satan » December 5th, 2010, 11:11 pm

cmshowstopper wrote:
anthonyburris wrote:
I remember i was talking to this chick at a garden show in 2005 and she offered me a little something something if i could get her to meet batista and at that time he stayed at a place with just a few ppl. so being the nice guy i am i took her there after the show and she got a pic with batista. then after that we went to her place and the rest is history
:howcoolisthat:

And then he married her. :rofl:

Um no!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests