Report Rules - New Users Must Read

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by WOODMO »

I just wanted to make a clear concise summary of the rules we have in regards to reports so new users would be aware.
  • 1- If the meet didn't take place at an autograph signing, book signing or convention, you cannot post where the meet took place. We diligently work to preserve spots from becoming blown up so keeping the information sharing to a minimum is a requirement.

2- We don't allow users to post reports that link to other sites or forums. If you want to post a report, please copy and paste all images and text. We don't want our users being forced to go elsewhere to read a simple report.

3- Do not, I repeat do not ask users where "free meets" took place. On the same note, do not respond if someone asks. Asking and providing information can both lead to bans. If someone private messages you asking for info, please report them to us and we will deal with them.
BigChaChingBlue
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Report Rules - New Users Must Read

Post by BigChaChingBlue »

WOODMO at his best once again. :bowdown:
Sig
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Sig »

Blue, you are an idiot. This is for the good of the hobby, and nothing more.
BigChaChingBlue
Full Fledged Mark

Post by BigChaChingBlue »

Hollywood John Sig wrote:Blue, you are an idiot. This is for the good of the hobby, and nothing more.
Whats your problem? I agree with WOODMO on this. Why you acting all different toward me?
Sig
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Sig »

BIG Cha Ching BLUE wrote:Whats your problem? I agree with WOODMO on this. Why you acting all different toward me?
well that came off as a sarcastic comment to me, so if you were serious then I apologize.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

Hollywood John Sig wrote:well that came off as a sarcastic comment to me, so if you were serious then I apologize.
He always agrees with Woodmo.
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

maybe because I've only done the "meeting" thing once, I still have a hard time understanding the whole blowing up spots. I thought this was a site to help with meeting. again, not a rude comment or trying to start stuff, I just still don't understand.
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

cmshowstopper wrote:
Hollywood John Sig wrote:well that came off as a sarcastic comment to me, so if you were serious then I apologize.
He always agrees with Woodmo.
we agree three times in a month. what in the world is going on?!?!?!
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

BM_ToiletStopper wrote:maybe because I've only done the "meeting" thing once, I still have a hard time understanding the whole blowing up spots. I thought this was a site to help with meeting. again, not a rude comment or trying to start stuff, I just still don't understand.
I never intended to teach people how to do this stuff. This is a place to discuss signings and post reports, if someone doesn't know how to meet on their own I can care less, in fact I like that.

Blowing up spots is quite simple. If I post "I met Robert DeNiro at the Roman Hotel" then the next time he goes there, the crowds will grow and those people will tell more people. Before long the crowd is gigantic and nobody gets him.

Considering keeping spots protected is the single most important part of the hobby, I do help people in that way. If helping meant tell every moron that can't figure it out for themselves, then we'd be killing the hobby. Every WWE spot would have 100 fans, every celeb would have 200 and it'd be a disaster.
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

WOODMO wrote:
BM_ToiletStopper wrote:maybe because I've only done the "meeting" thing once, I still have a hard time understanding the whole blowing up spots. I thought this was a site to help with meeting. again, not a rude comment or trying to start stuff, I just still don't understand.
I never intended to teach people how to do this stuff. This is a place to discuss signings and post reports, if someone doesn't know how to meet on their own I can care less, in fact I like that.

Blowing up spots is quite simple. If I post "I met Robert DeNiro at the Roman Hotel" then the next time he goes there, the crowds will grow and those people will tell more people. Before long the crowd is gigantic and nobody gets him.

Considering keeping spots protected is the single most important part of the hobby, I do help people in that way. If helping meant tell every moron that can't figure it out for themselves, then we'd be killing the hobby. Every WWE spot would have 100 fans, every celeb would have 200 and it'd be a disaster.
I gotcha now. thanks for clearing that up. I see what you mean a little clearer.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Yeah I can get the confusion if you're not in the hobby. On the surface it seems like raw selfishness when it's actually essential. The true selfish people are the ones who run around telling everybody so they seem cool and "in the know". I heard from a friend who was doing some meeting the other day that a random fan told him the Jessica Simpson hotel spot in passing. It's the casual, uncensored spread of information which makes this shit impossible in a lot of cases.

Wrestling meeting fans can attest to that. It doesn't take much for a once useful spot to become total shit ala MSG.
Sig
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Sig »

WOODMO wrote:Yeah I can get the confusion if you're not in the hobby. On the surface it seems like raw selfishness when it's actually essential. The true selfish people are the ones who run around telling everybody so they seem cool and "in the know". I heard from a friend who was doing some meeting the other day that a random fan told him the Jessica Simpson hotel spot in passing. It's the casual, uncensored spread of information which makes this shit impossible in a lot of cases.

Wrestling meeting fans can attest to that. It doesn't take much for a once useful spot to become total shit ala MSG.
yeah, not to mention the actual "blowup" factor when a friend tells a friend, who tells 2 friends, who tells 8 friends to be cool, who tell 3 more friends, and the next thing you know, the Mooch just killed Albany, I mean a spot is gone...
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Hollywood John Sig wrote:yeah, not to mention the actual "blowup" factor when a friend tells a friend, who tells 2 friends, who tells 8 friends to be cool, who tell 3 more friends, and the next thing you know, the Mooch just killed Albany, I mean a spot is gone...
Yeah, that's another issue I wish more people got.

I know quite a few people I like, but that doesn't mean I tell them all info. In fact, I only tell about 3 people info. The people I tell I know for a fact only do this stuff solo or with me, meaning the info is contained in a circle. Each person you tell, has a few friends they would have to tell, who have friends they would have to tell. Nothing is ever as small as it seems.

Unless you tell someone with a small mouth and nonexistent circle of friends, you're never telling just one person.
tiscione
Marked Out King

Post by tiscione »

Hollywood John Sig wrote:...........and the next thing you know, the Mooch just killed Albany, I mean a spot is gone...
Sig
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Sig »

If this site started giving out locations, dates and times, you would see every filthy animal this side of the Atlantic at your local Hippos, chasing after people, making scenes, and giving the hobby a black eye in general with their behavior. Fans like that belong outside the arenas, not in real life situations.
[/ :outrage: ]