WWE has reportedly fired Hulk Hogan.....

This is the place to sound off on various current events in Entertainment
overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

WWE has reportedly fired Hulk Hogan.....

Post by overthetop17 » July 24th, 2015, 3:36 am

All Hulk items have been removed from the WWE website, not sure what's going on yet. He has also obviously been removed as a judge from Tough Enough and no longer is pictured on the website.

MeanGene29

Re: WWE has reportedly fired Hulk Hogan.....

Post by MeanGene29 » July 24th, 2015, 4:52 am

overthetop17 wrote:All Hulk items have been removed from the WWE website, not sure what's going on yet. He has also obviously been removed as a judge from Tough Enough and no longer is pictured on the website.
There is a video coming out today of him using the N-word.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 24th, 2015, 8:40 am

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... rticles%29

This is preposterous. Hogan was describing how he was called the N-word by Booker T, speaking to DJ WhooKid, who is black. WWE are IDIOTS.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 24th, 2015, 8:53 am

I was expecting a Michael Richards tirade, but this is literally nothing. He said it on a black radio show, and it was mostly a story. The only potential problem was he said "I always say it". I know he means in the GGA sense, not GGER, but that is still a very hot button issue.

Still though, this is not worth firing someone over.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 24th, 2015, 9:01 am

Firing is one thing, what about "erasing" Hulk Hogan from WWE existence? That's about the dumbest thing ever. For 20 years, Hulk Hogan WAS wrestling, you can't just erase it.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 24th, 2015, 9:17 am

Rumor is, the DJ Whookid video wasn't what caused the firing, but some other video that came out in the Gawker lawsuit deposition where Hogan's saying racial things. But until something confirmed actually surfaces, it's all speculation at this point.

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » July 24th, 2015, 11:10 am

Supposedly this is a transcript of what Hogan said. With regards to WWE finding out about the comments, MediaTakeout.com is claiming WWE heard the audio tapes last night, were “appalled” by the comments made Hogan, and began distancing themselves from Hogan as soon as possible. Because tapes include Hogan talking to Heather Clem, with who he was involved in a sex tape scandal, the report notes the tapes were released as part of a deposition in the current lawsuit between Hogan and Gawker
- The National Enquirer has released details from the controversial tapes that led to WWE apparently parting way with Hulk Hogan and "scrubbing" him from their website.

Hogan made the comments to Heather Clem, the woman who was married to Bubba the Love Sponge, the same woman Hogan was secretly filmed having sex with in 2012. Hogan was reportedly mad at his daughter Brooke, who he accused of sleeping with a black man.

"I guess we’re all a little racist," Hogan said on the tape.

"She is making some real bad decisions now," Hulk said, sources tell Radar Online and The Enquirer. "My daughter Brooke jumped sides on me. I spent $2-3 million on her music career, I’ve done everything like a jackass for her.”

Hogan continued, "The one option Brooke had, Brooke’s career besides me, is [to] sell beach records."

Hogan also talked about how a "black billionaire guy" had offered to fund Brooke's music career.

"I don’t know if Brooke was f*cking the black guy’s son," Hulk said, the sources add.

"I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*cking n***ers. But then when it comes to nice people and sh*t, and whatever."

According to their sources, Hogan also said: "I mean, I’d rather if she was going to f*ck some n***er, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n***er worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player! I guess we’re all a little racist. Fucking n***er."

They also reports that the transcripts have been filed in a Florida court, under seal, in a bid to prevent them from being publicly released. However, Radar and The Enquirer's extensive investigation reportedly uncovered five independent sources who provided the contents of the tape.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/The ... bsi3Lib.99
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/sets/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 24th, 2015, 11:12 am

Well obviously that's a lot worse!

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » July 24th, 2015, 11:19 am

"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

luiginyc84
Marked Out Pro

Post by luiginyc84 » July 24th, 2015, 1:21 pm

Rumors that Flair will take over on Tough Enough
My Photo Ops / Autographs Collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/luiginyc84/sets/

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » July 24th, 2015, 2:31 pm

terrible things for hogan to think; and the world now shows us, hogan and donald sterling as the best evidence, you should never say anything racist out loud ever, even in the privacy of your own home, to people you think you can trust, because you never know who is recording and what could ultimately be released..

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » July 24th, 2015, 2:48 pm

I see why they fired him. I don't find it overly shocking though. I have friends who feel that way about white women with black men and share those sentiments. I don't support them, but it isn't anything we all haven't heard someone say I am sure. Also, Hogan is in his 60s. Not making an excuse, but he grew up in a different era.

WWE is a publicly traded company though, and in this era of PC bullshit, you gotta cut ties.

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » July 24th, 2015, 6:11 pm

What I don't get is the Hogan sex tape has been out there for years. I've seen a little clip of it, but the whole thing is something like half an hour and I know some folks who have seen all of it.

And nobody's ever said, "You should hear the racist sh*t Hogan is saying in that thing." The sex tape isn't new. Is this portion garbled ? Have people been watching it on mute ?
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » July 24th, 2015, 6:22 pm

What amazes me is that when Hogan and Bubba the Love Sponge had their public breakup and subsequent lawsuit, Bubba never outted Hogan on the racist stuff. Obviously, the wife was involved in the conversation, and I imagine Bubba watched the tape, so Bubba HAD to have known what Hogan said, yet he never leaked it, even when Hogan was suing him? Bizarre.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » July 24th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Well both George Foreman and Virgil have come out in support of Hulk. As to why it comes out now, it's the Gawker lawsuit. Their lawyers are the ones who wanted it, and wanted it out in public.