Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx Not Happy With Fans Taking Selfies

Post by lanza218 » September 3rd, 2015, 4:08 pm

Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx Not Happy With Fans Taking Selfies at Miami Concert
by Chad Bowar September 3, 2015 3:23 PM
Share Article on Facebook
Share Article on Twitter
Aa

Liz Ramanand, Loudwire
Technology has changed the concert experience in many different ways. Many of them are positive, but others not so much. It used to be that fans would hold up lighters at concerts, but now they hold up cell phones, able to take photos and instantly upload video to the internet.

Some fans’ use of cell phones to take selfies at Motley Crue‘s “Final Tour” Miami show irritated bassist Nikki Sixx, who took to Twitter to voice his displeasure at people in the front row snapping pictures of themselves instead of paying attention to what was happening on stage.

Stop taking selfies and be AT the concert idiots. #morons #FrontRow #Miami

— Nikki Sixx (@NikkiSixx) September 3, 2015

MISSING LIVING IN THE MOMENT AT A CONCERT IS A CRIME https://t.co/jcv8vH7Y4C

— Nikki Sixx (@NikkiSixx) September 3, 2015

A fan tweeted this video of Sixx purportedly interacting with the front row selfie takers:

@NikkiSixx took this of u last night interacting with the selfie crew pic.twitter.com/iyVY8K2FuR

— Mike Cassini (@TacoEars) September 3, 2015

Most of the dozens of replies to Sixx’s tweets agreed with the rocker that it was rude to take selfies while the band was playing, but some defended those in the front row, arguing they spent a lot of money to attend the concert and should be able to take a selfie. Sixx wasn’t the only member of Motley Crue to tweet after the Miami show. Drummer Tommy Lee weighed in as well:

I want to apologize for the shitshow tonight! Well …I played good!

— T❍mmy L33 (@MrTommyLand) September 3, 2015

One of the those responding to Lee’s tweet claims that Sixx was “spitting on the audience throughout the show.”

The Crue’s next stop on the “Final Tour” is tomorrow night (Sept. 4) in New Orleans. Let’s hope the gig in the Big Easy has more music and less drama.

Greg2600

Re: Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx Not Happy With Fans Taking Self

Post by Greg2600 » September 3rd, 2015, 5:48 pm

Gotta agree with him, put the phone down.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » September 4th, 2015, 1:02 am

This what some of the stupid WWE kids do too.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 4th, 2015, 10:02 am

I've done video at shows, but never that up close, I have too much respect for the performers. Video at WWE, and they don't get thrown out?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 4th, 2015, 10:17 am

Eh, these performers are rich, the people in the front row normally aren't and spend their hard-earned money on tickets. If they want to take selfies, I am fine with it. They don't owe the performers anything but price of admission. I don't see that impacting the enjoyment others around them have of the show. It only bruises the performers' egos.

Luke
Marked Out King

Post by Luke » September 4th, 2015, 5:29 pm

I think people should be able to do it although I don't understand why. Live the moment, maybe record a video or two but generally you want the memories of the event instead of uploading to Instagram.

oscargamble
Full Fledged Mark

Post by oscargamble » September 8th, 2015, 7:55 am

While I agree that if it were me, I might do it once or twice quickly, I think in general I'd def want to enjoy the show; BUT... also have this to add: Just yesterday I went on-line to look at purchasing tickets for this tour, and for the show near me found that all front row tickets were part of the VIP package which included a meet n greet... the price? only $5,400 ! So in that respect, if these selfie takers had paid $5,400 for their seats, I guess my opinion may land more on the side of "they can do whatever they want" if they ponied up that much for a seat.

Secondly, I also noticed that the meet n greet package specifically named Vince, Mick and Nikki, but no Tommy Lee... Anyone know what is up with that? Is there some discord going on amongst them? Personally, I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money for a VIP experience, and then only get to meet/get a photo op with 3/4 of the group ?!?!